PDA

View Full Version : Who'da thunk it?

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
January 13th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Who would have thought that you NEED a floppy drive in order to get your SATA hard drive as your primary drive?

I bought a 36 gig Raptor like 4 months ago and today is when I finally got my computer to recognize it. When I tried to make it my primary drive and install Windows on it I found I need to install some SATA drivers first. So I burn the drivers on a CD, but it asks for a disk in my A: drive, problem is I don't have a floppy drive in my computer. I haven't used a floppy disk in over 6 years, granted 3 of those years I didn't have a computer, but since I have had one I've never used it. Thus when I built this case I didn't install my old floppy in it. I kept my old floppy just for kicks but it has apparently died while sitting in my MOBO box. So I have to buy one or borrow a friends floppy drive just to get this thing working as my main drive.

Werd.

Uther
January 13th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Thats messed up. More and more puters dont even come with a floppy anymore.

npor
January 13th, 2005, 04:42 PM
That happened to me when I installed a set of 36.7 Raptors in RAID-0 on my cousins computer. It was so frustrating.

SnAkEbItE
January 14th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Also if you have to ever flash the bios of you mother board most still come where you have to have a flopy drive.

Fragmonkee
January 14th, 2005, 09:44 PM
omg i had the same problem...the floppy drive a friend gave me didnt work so i had to go to frys and buy a new one for 15 bucks...i never EVER remember those things being that expensive. oh well... i got my 36 gig raptor as my primary drive and an 80 gig western digital as a storage facility. from now on i WILL always have a floppy drive in my computer...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==