PDA

View Full Version : Dell Inspiron 1100 - Extended Desktop Mode

}{y|3ri|)
January 7th, 2005, 02:50 PM
If you really want to make me happy, find a way that i can make my Dell Inspiron 1100 not use Clone Window Dual Monitor, but actually use Extend Desktop Mode.

Would really make my day.

}{y|3ri|)
January 10th, 2005, 08:26 AM
no ways? =-/
This makes kitty sad.

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 10th, 2005, 09:05 AM
I know what either one of those things are..lol

}{y|3ri|)
January 10th, 2005, 10:57 AM
to explain, most laptops have built in technology to use "extend desktop" which is basically like a dual monitor, meaning you can have two screen to work on. Well the craptop that i have at work is a inspiron 1100 which doesnt seem to support dual monitor in extend mode.. it will only do what is called clone.. which just puts the same thing on the screen that you have on the first one.. pointless unless for a projector.

LA_MERC_Sabre
January 10th, 2005, 11:02 AM
ahhhh....yeah that wouldn't help you too much. Seems like a useless technology.

SnAkEbItE
January 10th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Hybrid to my knowldge that is the only way they work and that's what they were designed for, so people could travel and put on presentation's via a projector.

}{y|3ri|)
January 10th, 2005, 12:35 PM
time for me to submit for a new laptop then.

|Team Moped| Kripto
January 11th, 2005, 10:59 AM
My desk top does both extend and clone, i dont know if it's XP or my GFX card that does it. I cant read the german menus in the hotel i'm at right now, but when i get back i'll give you better directions

}{y|3ri|)
January 11th, 2005, 12:19 PM
its the hardware that allows it to function that way, so its already been istablished that the hardware included in the 1100 SUCKS therefore it cant function in extended.

|Team Moped| Kripto
January 24th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Are you sure? I looked at the specs and you should be able to do it. Most of you guys are XP Geniuses so I feel like idiot because there has to be something I missed. But my Sony Vaio from 6 years ago that can't run XP properly can run in extended desktop.

In my display properties > settings tab I have two monitors 1 and 2. (When I have my monitor plugged into the back of my laptop) Primary is my built in LCD and my 2nd is my CRT.

When I select the 2nd display in the drop down menu I have the option near the bottom that says use this device and my primary and extend my windows desktop.

One thing that caused me problems is that when I click on the advanced tab > displays I couldn’t have my 2nd monitor be a primary and do the extend desktop. (or was it the other way around??)

The last thing I had problems with is that when I hit the FNC LCD button on my laptop Keyboard it would activate my rear Video jack but disable my LCD. I had to go into my display settings with my included Laptop systems program and change that. Actually, to bypass the problem I actually uninstalled my laptop system productivity programs. Eventually I reinstalled them (cus my battery life sucked as well as I couldn't use my hotkeys) and it mysteriously started working right after that.

Hope something I said helps…..

}{y|3ri|)
January 25th, 2005, 02:20 PM
its hardware not software. And it doesnt matter now cause im using a Inspiron 5160 now...

heh w00t

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==