PDA

View Full Version : AOE3

LA_MERC_Onji
January 4th, 2005, 10:35 AM
I dont know if you guys have noticed or not, but they announced AOE3. If you are an aoe fan, this is exciting news. I really didnt like what they did with age of mythology, but this looks promising. Read this Q&A and check out these screenshots, holy crap!

http://pc.ign.com/articles/576/576023p1.html

Here is a little snip from the q&a:

We considered a lot of time periods for Age of Empires III but ultimately kept coming back to the one we chose. For starters, we knew the fan expectation was to move chronologically through time. We think it makes a good arc in the overall "Age of" franchise and leaves room for future titles without having to go backwards in time. The colonial time period is a good fit for an Age game. Although military technology has advanced, the fundamentals of combat haven't changed from the Age of Kings time period the way they would, say for WWI. That is, the game starts with a lot of units familiar from Age of Kings, like Pikemen and Crossbows. Even in the later part of the game, where there are lots of gunpowder units on the battlefield, cavalry still fight hand-to-hand with swords. Other aspects of the time period work well with our gameplay, such as exploring an unknown map, starting a new town, eventually coming into contact with other players, and having to resolve differences (usually by force). That is pretty much the story of colonization and conquest of the New World in a nutshell.

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 4th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Holy crap. Those are some NICE screens!!! Must get...must get...

roXet
January 4th, 2005, 12:44 PM
what what what?

somebody make sure Jester doesn't have a fit of some type! =)

[sG] Dutchman
January 6th, 2005, 06:12 PM
I must get can't....resist holy crap those are nice screenshots

NoXiOuS
January 6th, 2005, 08:59 PM
where the heck is starcraft 2?

Slayer
January 6th, 2005, 10:02 PM
For real, Noxious. I've played StarCraft and the Expansion Set, but I must have more!!

As far as AOE goes, I played the second one and couldn't really get into it. I'd play the third one, but I wouldn't buy it.

cd
January 6th, 2005, 11:48 PM
AOE3, im down, ill preorder... I will own this. And star craft 2 also, I will get.

LA_MERC_JESTER
January 10th, 2005, 12:18 PM
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG. (KINDA LIKE THAT rOXET) LOL AND i AM OMG THAT ROCKS

aCiD
January 10th, 2005, 10:01 PM
wow screenies look awesome

dunno if i can play that and WOW :P

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 23rd, 2005, 06:36 PM
That look svery nice. I will definately be getting that one.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==