PDA

View Full Version : UNBELIEVABLE!!

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 14th, 2004, 05:37 PM
This was clipped from knac.com. It's SO bad I thought it was fake...at first.

An article, written by ICONOCLAST Editor William Grim, which was brought to my attention by a peer, is the exact example of the problem in the world today.

Let's see what Mr. Grim has to say regarding Heavy Metal Music and Dimebag Darrell Abbott:

"You've undoubtedly heard by now that a demented fan last week killed heavy metal guitarist Dimebag Abbott at the Alrosa Villa in Columbus, Ohio. While I am extremely happy to hear that the assassin was shot to death by a brave Columbus policeman and I in no way want to engage in a blaming the victim scenario, I cannot deny that there much in Mr. Abbott's demise of one being hoisted on one's petard. The squalor, inhumanity, filth (both in the metaphorical and hygienic senses), depravity, ugliness and ignorance of everything that heavy metal represents (Like rap, I cannot use the noble term music in a description of heavy metal) creates a mindset among its devotees in which Mr. Abbott's assassination was an event that was all but waiting to happen.

"It was highly amusing, and also terribly sad, to watch on television fans conducting a 'vigil' for the slain Mr. Abbott outside of the Alrosa Villa. It was an assemblage of ignorant, semi-human barbarians who were filthy in attire and manner, intellectually incoherent and above all else, hideously ugly to the point of physical deformity. Here is a definite case in which the outer appearance of these 'fans' accurately represented the hideousness of their souls. That the physical deformity of their ugliness was self-inflicted makes the spiritual tragedy of their misspent lives all the more tragic."

"But one can see why the heavy metal fans so closely identified with Mr. Abbott. He was an ignorant, barbaric, untalented possessor of a guitar and large amplifier system. Freakish in appearance, more simian than human, he was the performer of a type of "entertainment" that can be likened only to a gorilla on PCP. Lacking subtlety, wit, style, emotional range and anything approaching even the smallest iota of intellectual or musical interest, Mr. Abbott was part of a generation that has confused sputum with art and involuntary reflex actions with emotion. "

While I shouldn't even be bringing attention to this complete and utter asshole of humanity, Mr. Grim, this article so incensed me that I ask you, the audience, the "ignorant, semi-human barbarians who were filthy in attire and manner, intellectually incoherent and above all else, hideously ugly to the point of physical deformity", to e-mail Mr. Grim your opinions of his article.

I'm sure, you will all find the right words to express your feelings towards Mr. Grim's defamatory statement regarding this community. The entire drivel of feces this man calls an article can be read in its entirety here

You can e-mail him at [email protected] and to the ICONOCLAST editors at [email protected], or direct through his website at http://williamegrim.tripod.com/.

:e2 Pathetic. www.iconoclast.ca if you want to see the site.

LA_MERC_BS
December 14th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Wow, no Christams card for Mr. Grim. That guy has some serious issues of hate going on. I think we are all making a road trip to a kids house in another post, we might as well stop by this guys house on the way.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 14th, 2004, 06:10 PM
OK...well....Ummmm...I cant speak right now...

4$$ }{()I_3 ....Ok I said it :)

NoXiOuS
December 14th, 2004, 06:38 PM
yeah, he sucks. Metal lives on!
DId he compare Metal to Rap?!?!?
OMG. n00b.
Rap= Talking to a Beat.
Metal= Actually Playing instruments, and rockin hardcore! \m/
Yes, i am a metal head!

LA_MERC_goose
December 16th, 2004, 06:55 AM
I'm sorry but I'm not a huge metal head but I do know that for anyone to write an article like that needs to be taken out behind the barn, tied to a tree stump, and whipped blindly by the big man. Mr. Abbott had a way with his guitar and if you liked the way he played it or not, you have to admit, he was good at what he did.

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 16th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Dang straight...this guy needs to get his head out of the sand and realize that just because one person doesn't like a certain type of music, that it's not still music. It takes talent to perform in front of huge audiences...much more talent than this guy has, obviously.

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 16th, 2004, 07:13 AM
I agree with him on some levels, definitely not that extreme though.......I like some metal music but stuff like Pantera put out just didn't do anything for me....i thought it was just a bunch of guys banging in instruments and calling it music. But that doesn't give me or anyone else the right to put down somebody for what kind of music they like or how they dress......that guy has issues.

SnAkEbItE
December 16th, 2004, 08:47 AM
I think it's time for a blanket party.

LA_MERC_Spark
December 16th, 2004, 09:51 AM
W T F? I really don't know what to say...

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 16th, 2004, 04:27 PM
__________________________HEY CFH !!___________________________

" 5 Minutes Alone! "

Any Pantera Fan Knows What Im Talking About

____________http://www.lamerc.com/uploads/PanteraVulgarDisplayofPower.jpg____________

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 16th, 2004, 04:32 PM
hehe...Nice dog. I sent that tool an email. For my effort I got mail bombed for 7300 spam emails. Came to the PD too...lol. I just had the IT guy empty the folder. No biggy.

Death-Speak
December 20th, 2004, 09:19 AM
That guy is an idiot. Deformity and ugliness go far beyond your exterior.... ones soul can be just as ugly. Apperantly this guy has some issues... or if he didn't before he probably will now.

DS

EDIT: I just went to his website and read some of the other crap he's written. He's definately an elitist who believes his opinions yeild correct answers.

Slayer
December 20th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Someone needs to kick him off his little pedestal. I'm not a heavy metal fan either, but his vocal opinion is over the line if you ask me.

roXet
December 20th, 2004, 10:37 AM
OMG I always thought Pantera was a horrible band, Walk is their only good song, but this way overboard. I would never dream of saying something like this about a guy who just died. This is obviously a "Hey! Look at me!" article, but damn this guy is a tool.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==