View Full Version : LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 11th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Some screenies for you guys
It is pretty neat so far
Gandolf is awesome!

SnAkEbItE
December 11th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Is this a RPG or a RTS and is it online? Is is a pay to play? I'm in the blind on this one I haven't read to much about it yet.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 11th, 2004, 07:07 PM
rts
multiplayer online capability
no pay to play
made by EA..similar in play to C&C

SnAkEbItE
December 12th, 2004, 12:06 AM
Well shoot I'll have to pick that up.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 12th, 2004, 09:30 AM
I personally do not think it is as c00l pverall as 40K, but it is very good, especially if ya like LOTR...duh
I like how they add veterency to the troops and buildings, yet still have upgrades kinda like 40K, makes it interesting, but looks like online will require purchase..no loop holes in this one ;)
I will tell you that the computer is tough so far, an easy computer took like 30 minutes to kill, in those pictures I was Gondor, , you can play as Rohan, Gondor, Isengard, and mordor

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 13th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Well I love RTS and I'm a LOTR fan so I guess it's a no brainer for me, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 23rd, 2004, 11:47 AM
Has anyone tried this on multiplayer online.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 23rd, 2004, 12:26 PM
nope, I have only played against the computer, the darn single player campaign is so mch fun, that I have not tried it out yet

SnAkEbItE
December 25th, 2004, 11:39 PM
I picked it up the other day, I have not done any online either, we should all hook up and play online soon.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 26th, 2004, 09:10 AM
will do Snake check out teamspeak we will be there if we are online

aCiD
December 26th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Booooooooooooooo

SnAkEbItE
December 26th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Hey Mike can you send me a PM with your TS info I don't have it...

JohnXDoeX
February 9th, 2005, 01:54 AM
I was eyeing this game as soon as I had heard about it. The War of the Ring game which is the other LOTR based RTS game really didn't impress me at all, but this one did. I really enjoyed playing the single player campaign, but I have only played 1 on-line game with it, and the game that I played had the guy who hosted it waltz right into my base with Sauron as his hero. Needless to say I think he built the map himself, and made it to where he had Sauron, who as far as I know is supposed to be an unplayable character. He also had the unit limit set to 2000 instead of 200, but I'm not really sure how he was able to do all of that. Since that first game I haven't gotten to give on-line play another try, but I do think that my first experience with on-line play was a big let down, as I'm pretty sure what the guy did was cheatting in some way shape or form.

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 9th, 2005, 07:31 AM
yeah, get on-line and look in the felowship club,
you can usually get me or Andyconda in there, and we can give you
some on-line pointers on how to rule Middle Earth...muhahahah
just hit <ctrl>+<enter> when you are in that lobby to bring up the chat menu and send us an invite and we can help you out, stay out of most custom maps unless you like chaos..lol

Daedelus
February 9th, 2005, 11:19 AM
aw man been playing this for like the last month played threw both campaigns and loved it my favorite hero was legolis hed had thousands of kills haha fast too. i play online quite a bit now mostly comp stomps. it would let me use my name as daedelus i stated typing in LaMerc and accidently hit login and it took it so that was my name on there. the few comp stomps ive played have been long we had a 4-4 stomp that lasted 2-3 hours man brutal fight. ill look for you guys on there.

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 9th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Yeah me and Andy are there almost every night
Andyconda
and
LA_MERC_Diesel
also Dirge is in there from time to time as lamerc_dirge

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 9th, 2005, 11:58 AM
We play just about every night online so get on teamspeak and go to the fellowship room to find us.

Daedelus
February 15th, 2005, 09:43 PM
ok i was finally able to change my name to LaMercDaedelus it woundnt take it whent i put in the _ or any - so just ran it toghther.oh played a great 3 on 3 map using the battle for helms deep the 3 allied side palyers had full size camps or maybe castles behind the wall
and the comps were in the fields. need less to say with the walls as extra defenses it gave us to much advantage. ok ill see you guys soon on there i got wed off and paln on playing during the day.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==