PDA

View Full Version : Darrel Abbott killed...

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 9th, 2004, 05:50 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20041209/ap_on_re_us/nightclub_shooting

aCiD
December 9th, 2004, 06:26 AM
omfg.....

LA_MERC_Nutria
December 9th, 2004, 06:37 AM
That is some crazy sheet.

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 9th, 2004, 06:44 AM
I don't think "killed" is the proper descriptive.

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 9th, 2004, 07:19 AM
I hate to anyone be murdered, even if I didn't like Pantera.

SnAkEbItE
December 9th, 2004, 07:23 AM
Yeah, I heard about that on the way into work today. That's a bad deal all the way around.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 9th, 2004, 08:18 AM
:sad:
:havemercy
:confused:

For you fans...knac.com is playing Pantera/Damage Plan all day.

Think about the most influential person in your life (that you never met or would be likely to meet), put him in this scenario....how would you feel?

That's me today.

My one wish is that I could have been the officer to return the favor.

Death-Speak
December 9th, 2004, 10:29 AM
If they only could have taken the bastage alive. Maybe tossed him into a pit of Pantera/Damageplan fans....

... that would be true retribution right there. Extreme punishment either way.

DS

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 9th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Naw...better this way. He would have claimed insanity and got away with it. Eye for an eye. Best part is the cop shot him. He didn't off himself.

SweetGirL
December 9th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Having met him in person and all the dealings the music store had in the past with Diamond Darrell and his guitar company, not to mention being a huge fan of those guys, I just hate what has happened. Pantera has been my favorite band for as long as I can remember. Certainly is a sad, sad day. He will live on through his music, as many greats have done in the past. Wonder if they will play 'Cemetary Gates' ..... wonder what the music will be like at the funeral ... if anyone hears anything on that, I'm interested as to who shows and what's played.

roXet
December 9th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Man, I can't believe that, I'm not a Pantera fan (I won't get into that out of respect) but this still makes me sad.

Not that I think it's related or anything, but it's ironic that this happened on the anniversary of John Lennon's death (FU Mark David Chapman!)

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 9th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Think about the most influential person in your life (that you never met or would be likely to meet), put him in this scenario....how would you feel?

That's me today.

My one wish is that I could have been the officer to return the favor.

I know how you feel Scott, however with me, that person is John Lennon, and he was shot and killed in my birthyear of 1980.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 9th, 2004, 08:03 PM
I just realized this, but Darrel Abbott was killed on the 24th aniv. of Lennon's murder!

aCiD
December 9th, 2004, 08:12 PM
WKZQ has been playing Pantera all day... RIP Darrel Abbott

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 10th, 2004, 08:51 AM
www.knac.com is STILL playing Pantera/Damage Plan non stop. check it out. Even playing pre Cowboys From Hell stuff..very rare.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 10th, 2004, 09:45 AM
The way he was killed is sick...
the reports are the guy grabbed him on one hand and shot 5 shots to his head...almost execution style...and they say it was because he blamed him for the break up of Pantera?!?!?
just crazy!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==