PDA

View Full Version : Half Life...HELP!! Im getting Waxed!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 25th, 2004, 08:09 PM
OK People I am in a fix, Im in the entanglement part of the game inside Nova Prospekt. I am at my second battle with the soldiers. Where you have to use 3 century guns, and Im getting my A** kicked. No matter how i go about it. I have even set all 3 of them in a Cell and hid behind them.. this works for a while. Until they throw a nad or 2 in there....I need some help if there is any.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
November 25th, 2004, 08:11 PM
I backed myself into one of the cell's with a pump shotgun and handled my business.. Every once in a while, I ran out to pick up ammo from the dead bodies and to get a little life from the thingy on the wall. They just couldn't handle the shotty at close range.. lol

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 25th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Well i have been running out after they take out my centuries.. I guess i should just stay in there and fight it out... I will give it a try..

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
November 25th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Yeah, it is a trip trying to kill all those guys. Took my like an hour to get through that one part. What Op said was the best way to go.

LA_MERC_Maverick
November 25th, 2004, 08:34 PM
i actually managed to take em out keeping two sentries in one hall facing each way, one sentry in the other hall and running around with the shottie, but it was HARD that way, their way is better

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 25th, 2004, 09:02 PM
________WOOT_______I MADE IT____________

After my third attempt i made it. I did use the centuries in the cell though.. If you place then against the wall in the corners they do help out and the solders cant knock them down.

LA_MERC_Nutria
November 25th, 2004, 09:07 PM
I actually carried a sentry with me through most of the level for extra firepower. When I saw soldiers or a door I would set it up and let it do its thing.

LA_MERC_Onji
November 25th, 2004, 10:22 PM
I backed myself into one of the cell's with a pump shotgun and handled my business.. Every once in a while, I ran out to pick up ammo from the dead bodies and to get a little life from the thingy on the wall. They just couldn't handle the shotty at close range.. lol

did the EXACT same thing, this works lol

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 26th, 2004, 05:54 AM
I did what Mav did...until my sentries got knocked over...

MindWerks
November 26th, 2004, 10:02 AM
I just carried the sentry gun around. It would shoot the enemies while I carried it and didn't run out of ammo. So I would just run around carrying it and let it wax everyone for me.

Worked like a charm... I liked it so much that I carried for as long as I could through the game. In some of the more dangerous areas I would drop it and hide. But most of the time I could just carry it around.

MindWerks
November 26th, 2004, 10:03 AM
By the way, if your sentries get knocked over... you can set them up again and they will work.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 26th, 2004, 04:18 PM
By the way, if your sentries get knocked over... you can set them up again and they will work.
In the cell situation it was too hard to try and stand them back up right. I would usualy get more damage trying to correct them than just using them for as long as they lasted..
Good Idea carrying the century guns around though... I found that there was enough ammo and health around to not realy need them... but on hard mode that may make a diffrence.

BTW im playing on Normal Mode.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 26th, 2004, 09:27 PM
i just pictured a yellow dog with a wax when i read the title...

not a pretty sight.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
November 27th, 2004, 06:49 AM
LMAO! Boon!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==