PDA

View Full Version : Wanna go huntin'?

LA_MERC_goose
November 22nd, 2004, 11:59 AM
I didn't know <a href="http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/22/hunters.slain.ap/index.html" target="_blank"> Hunting </a> required kevlar.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 22nd, 2004, 12:18 PM
Is it just me, or does Mr. Chai Vang of St. Paul MN not look like your typical "hunter" type???

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 22nd, 2004, 12:21 PM
with a SKS 7.62 mm semiautomatic rifle, a common hunting weapon

Am I just out of the whole hunting loop now? When I was hunting, "common" hunting weapons were the 30.06, 30/30, .308, .270, Rem 7mm, 12ga Shotgun w/ 00 Buckshot...etc...etc....

LA_MERC_goose
November 22nd, 2004, 12:24 PM
Is it just me, or does Mr. Chai Vang of St. Paul MN not look like your typical "hunter" type???
not the rednecks I'm accustomed to

And for the gun of choice, some people must be a really bad shot and need the semi-automatic a$$ault weapon. And the SKS is the first cousin of the AK47 and I don't think it is a "common" hunting weapon. I tend to prefer the Marlin 30/30, Browning 12 guage or the Remington 20 guage (for dove and squirrel). And as for being in someone else's stand, I think that's called poaching. Sounds like someone was out to break the law anyway they could find.

Slayer
November 22nd, 2004, 12:31 PM
Most people I know use a .270, 12 gauge, and some use a semi 30/30. Personally I use a Ruger 30.06. But a 7.62 semi-automatic rifle? And what kind of moron would kill people over a tree stand? I hope he gets life or the death penalty. He deserves it for murdering 5 innocent people.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 22nd, 2004, 01:07 PM
a Semi 30/30? Never seen one of those...only ones I've seen are Lever.

Anyway - for Deer I prefer a Lever Action Marlin 30/30 or a Remington bolt 30.06 (depending on Range needed)
For Ducks, Remington 870 12 Ga
For Small Game (about all I get to hunt anymore since moving back to Florence) My Grandads Winchester 1200 16Ga.

SnAkEbItE
November 22nd, 2004, 03:03 PM
Well back when my family used to hunt near some leased land they (people who leased the land next to us) would try and run us off every now and then. Yes actully threating with guns and so forth. We eventuly just quit because it got crazy, some people take that stuff way to serious, I don't excuse what the guy did, but would be curious just what was said to him to make him start shooting. They may have threaten his life.

[uGa] Saint
November 22nd, 2004, 03:11 PM
as a self proclaimed spokesperson for wisconsin... all i gotta say is we need to close our doors to our neighboring states, buncha pyschos i say.

that whole event was really sad.

MindWerks
November 22nd, 2004, 03:24 PM
I wanna know why people kept comming to him after he started shooting people. According to the report I read 2-3 people confronted him and he shot them... and I guess more people thought they would go up to him unarmed and do what exactly?

These people weren't very bright (everyone involved).

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 22nd, 2004, 04:10 PM
I don't excuse what the guy did, but would be curious just what was said to him to make him start shooting. They may have threaten his life.

OK,, Let me get this strait... 2 people " MIGHT HAVE " Threatend the Guy. So what about the other 3 he chased down and murdered or the 3 others that he tried to kill... and of those 3, their not sure if 1 or 2 of them are going to live....

IM SURE THEY THREATED HIM TO WITH STICKS AND DIRT CLOGS

I know your not defending the " NUT " But dont even try to offer up one of those
" WHAT DID THE VICTIMS DO TO MAKE HIM TRY TO KILL EVERYONE " Pleas....

[uGa] Saint
November 22nd, 2004, 05:02 PM
they said after he shot the first people, they radio'd their friends... how much you want to bet it wasnt a "come beat the crap outta this guy"... but more of a "help, ive been shot, please come and get me" that nut was probably just waiting for more people to come, if they were going to try and take out the pyscho they woulda brought guns or something.

LA_MERC_goose
November 22nd, 2004, 05:16 PM
:stu

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 22nd, 2004, 07:23 PM
I've never been hunting, but even I know this isn't the right way to hunt!!! sheesh

LA_MERC_goose
November 22nd, 2004, 08:07 PM
Going Saturday. You're welcome to come too Tech. Oh, my bad, I'll be in SC and in the stand around 5:30 am, sorry man. lol :D

Slayer
November 22nd, 2004, 10:35 PM
I'm gonna go Thanksgiving and the day after. Finally, gonna get cold, it being near the end of November and all. :doh Woohoo! Silly Arkansas weather

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 22nd, 2004, 10:38 PM
I miss it - I used to be able to walk out of my back door, 300 yards, and be in my deer stand when I lived in manning...or walk the fields behind my house for quail, not to mention doves at dusk...or drive 20 minutes to sparkleberry swamp to hunt duck...me and my best friend stayed in the swamp for 3 weeks one december, living on ducks and catfish, and selling catfish at packs landing to buy beer, drinks and snacks...now all I do is go shoot squirrels at my uncles pond.

Sergei Criffnoobsky
November 23rd, 2004, 07:59 AM
.308 is 7.62mm ;) and it's round 180...to..210 grains ;)

SnAkEbItE
November 23rd, 2004, 09:50 AM
OK,, Let me get this strait... 2 people " MIGHT HAVE " Threatend the Guy. So what about the other 3 he chased down and murdered or the 3 others that he tried to kill... and of those 3, their not sure if 1 or 2 of them are going to live....

IM SURE THEY THREATED HIM TO WITH STICKS AND DIRT CLOGS

I know your not defending the " NUT " But dont even try to offer up one of those
" WHAT DID THE VICTIMS DO TO MAKE HIM TRY TO KILL EVERYONE " Pleas....

Quite the contray I was not trying to defend him, I'm sure after the first two the relazation may have sunk in and at that point he may have been trying to cover his tracks by removeing any whitness? I don't know he needs to be held responsible that is for sure. I am not in any way trying to excuse him or say he was a victum.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==