PDA

View Full Version : Holtz vs Spurrier

LA_MERC_goose
November 19th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure Spurrier will do great things for the University of South Carolina's football program, but WTH Steve Spurrier? Of all people! Why not Skip, why not the water boy? Spurrier!? The only coach, besides Tommy Bowden, that I just don't like. Now if he takes us to the National Championship within the next three years I might change my feelings but as of now, I hate to see Holtz go but I hate even more to see Spurrier come in. IMO anyway.

:survivor1

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 19th, 2004, 12:54 PM
yeah that is a tough one to swallow Goose, but the ole' ball coach could awaken the sleeping giant, but now that eastern division is just stupid tough now!
gl, I don't like spurrier but he is good for the SEC.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 19th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Goose - shouldn't you be worring about the Colorado Mountain Goats or something like that now?

j/k :D

LA_MERC_goose
November 19th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Actually Max, since you brought it up, NO!

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 19th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Yeh Alan it's only natural to go from the gamecocks to mount'n goats
:stick

LA_MERC_Sabre
November 19th, 2004, 01:26 PM
lol, his interest has switched:

gamecocks into mountain goats

LA_MERC_goose
November 19th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Since you guys took that road - I'm trying to get back to South Carolina as we speak.

LA_MERC_Sniper
November 20th, 2004, 04:35 PM
DONT GET ME STARTED ON THOSE GOD D M GAMECOCKS! I'M ABOUT FED UP WITH THERE CRAP THEY SHOULD BE THROWN OUT OF FOOTBALL FOR LOSING TO CLEMSON JEESE I'M PIZZED I'M SO MAD RIGHT NOW!!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 20th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Don't hold back Robbie - tell us how you really feel :)

LA_MERC_goose
November 23rd, 2004, 12:33 PM
Well, now it's official - we got Spurrier and we screwed ourselves out of a bowl game. WAY TO GO YA FREAKEN ROOSTERS!

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
November 23rd, 2004, 02:35 PM
LOL @ Goose. I agree.

Yammer Hammer!
November 23rd, 2004, 02:55 PM
Ok.. first of all Lou Holtz got great recruits yes, but his and his sons playcalling is way too conservative. 1 thing that we are missing, is a great quarterback that knows what he is doing and how to be a quarterback. Steve Spurrier won the heisman trophy in 1966 for the florida gators. So he understands how to be a quarterback, and that right there will draw in blue chip quarterbacks for us. all you b00n's have no idea what you are talking about. And about the fight with clempson. If you look at the film and all, a person on the clempson team punched and kicked Syvelle (our quarterback) while he was down. They get away with everythign all the time. Does Rod Gardner and the pushoff ring a bell? It does to me. You can't use the excuse well we were losing and we just got mad, cause they started it with what i just said. We were just protecting our quarterback. That is clempson for you they have no class and are a bunch of redneck momma's boys. Oh yeah GO CLEMPSON MUST HAVE BEEN FUN LOSING TO DUKE! But back to the beginning Lou Holtz and his play calling just wasn't right we ran the ball too much, steve spurrier is a winner, and will get us an SEC championship within the next 3 years.

LA_MERC_Drax
November 25th, 2004, 04:30 PM
An SEC championship in the next 3 years, are you crazy?? The SEC is the toughest conference in football, and the east just keeps gettin tougher. I mean, florida, tenn, georgia, plus whoever they play in the west. Spurrier is going to draw good quarter backs because his offense is heavily based on a quarterback.

Yammer Hammer!
November 25th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Drax, im a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge college football fan, look at what you are sayin dude, the east is getting stronger. its got the same teams its had for years and years and years. first of all georgia...... defense SUCKS. but they have david greene. A great quarterback. Florida... defense sucks, but they have chris Leak. Tennessee.... defense, do they have a defense? No they have 2 true freshman quarterbacks that are outstanding...... now you understand why they are at the top of the sec? Carolina's defense is better than any sec teams defense except maybe auburn. but you got to put into account how long their offense stays on the field, and how many points they score to take lots of pressure off the defense and put on the opposing teams offense. there are so many variables here, but if we had auburns offense our defense would be number 1 in the nation. We have the runningback but we dont have the quarterback to open up the running. Did anyone say troy williamson.....? i dunno though i heard rumors bout him wanting to go into the nfl draft... but anyways thats the recap on how things are and why they are like they are.

LA_MERC_goose
November 25th, 2004, 06:14 PM
Yammer, do me a favor, learn how to spell - it's Clemson, not clempson.

Yammer Hammer!
November 25th, 2004, 07:02 PM
haha goose its a joke cause everyone that pronounces clemson says clempson or clemzon guess you would have to be a gamecock fan to know or live in the state. the wanna be snoby clemson fans pronounce it clemzon tryin to be stuck up, but the hicks say clempson. k bye bye

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 25th, 2004, 07:47 PM
have to be a gamecock fan to know or live in the state.

Well, Yammer, I guess YOU should know, that goose is a SC native,and Gamecock fan, and lived in SC until he moved to CO a few months ago for a job.

Yammer Hammer!
November 25th, 2004, 07:59 PM
I don't know him personally but obviously he wasn't really a fan cause that is an old joke and everyone around here makes fun of them by spelling it like that and saying it like that. either way you look at it, im right about this i dont care if he was born in williams brice stadium obviously he doesnt get out too much. GG

LA_MERC_goose
November 25th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Not a real fan ...
Doesn't get out much ...

This will more than likely get modified from it's original version before it gets too far. Let me put it to you this way, lame arse, I have been a Gamecocks fan since I can remember, and I do beleive that Jim Carlen was the coach of the Chickens. I would be willing to bet that your young, arrogant and cocky little arse wasn't even alive then - sh!t for brains.

And for the doesn't get out much, I don't even know where to begin with that one. I have put my arse on the line for people like you for the last ten years of my life, pansy. Don't give me no lip!

And for it being an "old joke" .... so, anyone out side of Columbia, or past Shop Road for that matter, that reads that and sees the "p" in Clemson is thinking, "These retards at USC don't even know how to spell."

Do yourself, me and every other person who lives within the boundaries of the State of South Carolins and shut the hell up before you make yourself look any dumber than you already do. .... nevermind, I don't think that is possible.

Oh, yeah. Y'all don't come back now, ya hear?

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 25th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Not a real fan ...
Doesn't get out much ...

This will more than likely get modified from it's original version before it gets too far.
I copied and pasted to a text file, just in case it does, and anyone want's me to PM them what was said :) :D

Yammer Hammer!
November 25th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Goose if you know so much about the history of USC football, then why do you guess and say you dont think i was born then? my profile says my birthdate bud. Please Goose don't hate on me. Just because you didnt catch a joke doesn't mean you have to get mad and start yelling. You are a La Merc you need to keep your posure, be the bigger man and rise above this. But for the record you took a stab at me first, by basically calling me an idiot, if you didnt say those exact words you insinuated it. I mean seriously this all started because someone said the USC football team shouldn't be allowed to play football anymore. If ya'll are going to talk about something at least get it close enough to the truth that you can see that truth off on the horizon. I'm just stickin up for my gamecocks, and saying truth bout what happened. You are a real true gamecock fan and you fight and argue with another one. Like I say goose, this isn't Clemson. We aren't low life fans like that, that boo their team if they start losing. We have class, and basically cussing out another gamecock fan is just pointless. No hard feelings I hope.

rubber BANNED man

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 25th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Goose if you know so much about the history of USC football, then why do you guess and say you don’t think I was born then? My profile says my birth date bud. Please Goose don't hate on me. Just because you didn’t catch a joke doesn't mean you have to get mad and start yelling. You are a La Merc you need to keep your poseur, be the bigger man and rise above this. But for the record you took a stab at me first, by basically calling me an idiot, if you didn’t say those exact words you insinuated it. I mean seriously this all started because someone said the USC football team shouldn't be allowed to play football anymore. If ya'll are going to talk about something at least get it close enough to the truth that you can see that truth off on the horizon. I'm just sticking up for my gamecocks, and saying truth bout what happened. You are a real true gamecock fan and you fight and argue with another one. Like I say goose, this isn't Clemson. We aren't low life fans like that, that boo their team if they start losing. We have class, and basically cussing out another gamecock fan is just pointless. No hard feelings I hope.

rubber BANNED man

Posted above is Yammers post with all the spelling corrected, for those who had trouble reading it :)

Bo -#It-
November 25th, 2004, 11:28 PM
looks like we are running around in circles on this topic, i know what im talking bout football wise, and you guys just try and critique my spelling. Very lame. :violin how bout get some common knowledge bout this subject then come shoot your mouth off. im done posting here. If you want to talk about this like civil people and not change the football subject to my errors on my posts then come talk to me. If wondering this is Yammer on Joe Bo's computer. a.k.a
rubber BANNED man

LA_MERC_Drax
November 29th, 2004, 11:21 PM
Yammer, have you ever 2nd read any of your post??? You might just notice how dumb some of them come off...
Another thing, i wouldn't be posting on Bo's account, it will most likely get his account banned too.

Yammer Hammer!
November 30th, 2004, 02:04 AM
ok dude. stick to the comps.

LA_MERC_goose
November 30th, 2004, 07:14 PM
ok dude. stick to the comps.

What does that mean?

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 30th, 2004, 07:19 PM
who knows :dunno

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
November 30th, 2004, 07:59 PM
LMAO!

Yammer Hammer!
December 1st, 2004, 12:24 AM
It meant this, but i was trying to be nice to you guys. My life is sports, and considering i'll be going to usc next semester possibly next year, means i follow them very close with their sports considering I know plenty of people on the football and baseball team personally. You guys love computers and games. So therefore meaning, you guys know a lot about them. This doesn't mean you know nothing about this subject. It simply means more than likely I know more about south carolina and their sports program than ya'll do. especially considering very few of you live in south carolina, and like i said even if that were the case you guys are too busy doing computer stuff.

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 1st, 2004, 06:17 AM
yammer hammer do yourself a favor and get lost. Then come back in like 5-10 years when you realize that you don't know it all.

thread closed, yammer if you act up on one more thread, you and bo whatever that name is will both have your accounts closed.

Thanks.
The Management.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==