PDA

View Full Version : GW Leaders

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 17th, 2004, 02:17 PM
one thing that will probably have to be looked at is leaders

i know that it puts a shake on things sometimes.. but you have to have deligated people to do certain things sometimes.. JUST to get things done.

there will be plenty of things to do in the game. as far as 'president' and all that.. screw that. i think we need a main person for certain categories and thats it.

once we get into the game more.. this topic will move forward more. i just think we should be creating some ideas on how we'll do it

suggestions for me is..

we'll need someone that is a leader for a character type. this person will be responsible for helping others that join us in deciding what to raise.. what to get as far as weapons and stuff.. and will have a general build up of items dedicated to his/her class specialty (since we will have guild halls and storage)

i think that whoever is wanting to take on these roles as "leaders/helpers" should ultimately be the ones that decided things for the clan. if you want a passive role that you dont have to help others and reply to /whispers a lot.. then you dont really need to help decide on important factors. your opinion is counted of course.. but in the end.. if the "high council" (if you will) doesnt decide in your favor.. then you shouldnt be mad. because in the end they are the ones that have put a lot of focus into actually "working" a lot into the clan.

ive seen how it works.. i know the games.. people leave clans all the time because councils didnt do what they wanted to. but then again.. it was a person that never really wanted to put focus into the clan. just someone that was there to help the clan out and do stuff for them.. but not really spend time working with others.

suggestions? feedback? other suggestions on other stuff like this?

CajunTech
November 17th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Right now the way they have it is guild leader (the one who talks to registar, chooses emblem, name and all), officers, and members. The in game mechanics seem pretty simple. Guild Leader can promote members to Officers and invite new members. Officers can invite new members, but can't promote others (correct me if I'm wrong here guys). Members are have no ingame administration rights at all.

**Edited because I'm a boon that can't read hehe**

If someone has questions about a character combo just ask someone playing that combo or if we don't have anyone playing just ask me and I'll do some quick research to get you answers. You will never hear me complain about researching a game, it's the best way to learn (also helps when your facing off against one of those combos and realize he's following that strategy yo just read about hehe)..

I've run small guilds (10-20 members) and we never really had any huge setup. Just typically had maybe 3 people (Uther may remember this) that handled any administration stuff. No set jobs, we just all shared the responsibilities.

I've help run a large guild (300ish members) and then thier was kind of a setup. Again wasn't too complicated. We had a "King", "Admins", "Paladins" (guild was so large it needed it's own police force within the guild to handle PKs, etc..) then a "Leader" of for each group type (Tamers, Merchants, Miners, etc.). There were weekly meetings where the King bascially get a report from each group and suggestions would be made.

Also was in one with about a dozen people and there were no leaders. We knew bascially knew each person strengths and would listen to them during different situations.

All the guilds ran smoothly (the 300+ one is still going), but each used a totally different setup.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 17th, 2004, 03:27 PM
in the end i dont know how many of us are actually gonig to be playing this

we got a lot of people doing the beta.. but when it comes feb.. who will be there and all.. well thats a different story

we may end up with like 6 or 7 for all we know. i just wanted to get a jump on this now to get this out of the way.

if we do end up getting a lot of people joining us.. then real quick.. you wont want to sit and research for every person that has a question. thats why i made the part about having leaders over classes. and also.. we may have only one person that is a ranger.. and that person may not want to be answering questions all the time from people.

we go into this game as friends and have team speak and all that. but when it comes down to noobs joining the team that just love to sit and talk.. well.. that takes a lot of time out of lvl'ing for you and its quite boring sometimes, yet.. that noob needs to know things, and forums are good.. but when the noob needs to know something and he/she has to post in the forum and wait for 30 minutes for it to be answered.. it puts a bad taste in his/her mouth with the guild

CajunTech
November 17th, 2004, 03:42 PM
I've already got 4 characters picked out using every class. Thats one of my things with online RPGs.. I have to know and play each class.. Also helps when there's a hunt and they need that certain class to finish the group.

I think right now with purchased copies we have:
Infection
CajunTech
Cajunwife
Uther
Utherwife
Outkast
Sweetgirl
Mavrick (not sure if he bought it yet)

Possible futures:
Nutria
Deisel
Onji
Dadaelus (spelling hehe)
Snakebite

If I missed anybody just yell at me :)

I think the FKA guys are probably going to do thier own thing from talking to Saint.
If we really want more people I know where to find a few quality guys/gals that may be interested, plus have to figure we won't always be on together and will meet players in game.

LA_MERC_Maverick
November 17th, 2004, 05:13 PM
lol i havent bought it yet, but i most prolly will, if i get over hl2, good thing they havent released this yet, or i wouldnt be able to play at all for awhile...LMAO

Corp
November 17th, 2004, 06:09 PM
i really don't care who is considered leader, all i care about is making sure we all have fun.

Just a thought for the mean time do we need to worry about numbers of the guild, start small (and in drax's case stay small :P) <<<< lol sorry drax i was having a sweetz moment.

anyway i think i just confused my post :)

CajunTech
November 17th, 2004, 07:03 PM
haha

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 17th, 2004, 07:40 PM

SnAkEbItE
November 17th, 2004, 11:07 PM
WTH I guess I'm left in cold yet again.

CajunTech
November 18th, 2004, 05:43 AM
better snake? :)

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 18th, 2004, 07:08 AM
yeah as long as it is not a pay/month kinda rpg i will give it a try..its unfortunate the beta weekends are going on now, but come Feb, I will have some time...I as well know 3-4 rpg's that I could get into this if needed.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 18th, 2004, 07:20 AM
I just want this game, and play no other. fun part is we have a lot of friends that are going to play, which makes the game so much better

CajunTech
November 18th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Just an update.. At the bottom of the http://ladder.guildwars.com page is a search by name or tag.

"DM" and "Doom" are both in use. However "MERC" is still available...

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 18th, 2004, 07:55 AM
yeah we could have a rpg part of the clan the DO_MERC's
w00t
lol

SnAkEbItE
November 18th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Umm no not really, I'm cold and no one will bring me a blanket or chicken soup.

To clearify I would love to be a part of the guild with you guys, don't care about leading just want to trounce things and have fun.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 18th, 2004, 09:23 AM
yeah, i dont give a crap about the tag. merc would be fine with me

CajunTech
November 18th, 2004, 09:47 AM
The only advantages to being in a guildwars that I've seen so far are:

1.) Can send guild messages within game
2.) Alot easier to keep track of who's online etc. than everyone adding each other to a friend's list.
3.) Get a guildhall - which will eventually have shared storage and just plain nice to have a castle :)
4.) Can participate in guild battles and the guild wars ladder.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==