View Full Version : EASY MEDIUM HARD

Corona
November 17th, 2004, 07:09 AM
what level are you guys playing HL2??

im playing it on hard. btw the air boat scene is awsome w00t

-Corona

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 17th, 2004, 07:20 AM
Medium...will play it on hard once I finish it. The airboat with the chopper dropping those freakin mines...omg, he freakin killed me last night.

Did you see the g-man on the red barn's dock?! Please...someone tell me you saw him...

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
November 17th, 2004, 07:33 AM
I saw him, You get to see him alot more as you go!
Medium is the way to go.

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 17th, 2004, 07:56 AM
*edit*
i took out the spoiler info

medium....I did not Tech..I think me and Nutria were haveing too much fun in the boats..I got the goods at the top, but where was he?

LMAO, that is like a cool mad lib..:laugh:

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 17th, 2004, 07:57 AM
*edit*
oh wait I just remember seeing someone, but when I got up there, no one was there???
I thought I saw something..was that him?

oh man this is fun!

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 17th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Yeah, when you go past him at first, you see him (past the barn, I mean)...then, when you go to the top, he's gone.

}{y|3ri|)
November 17th, 2004, 09:10 AM
hey hey!!!! lets use the same type bbcode that steam uses [spoiler][\spoiler]

i dont wana read something when i havent had time to play it at all yet!!

i started this mornig on easy just cause i wanted to see the game a bit, when i get home im going to start over on medium.

Corona
November 17th, 2004, 09:40 AM
yah i saw him

Silent_Killer
November 17th, 2004, 10:38 AM
where is the idont have the game option button on the poll?

LA_MERC_Onji
November 17th, 2004, 10:56 AM
playing on normal level as well, i didnt want the pc aiming for me. Gonna go back and play it on hard when i finish it. Man i spent about 9 or 10 hours on it yesterday (cause i took off work just to play) and i'm stuck at work today, and dying to get home so i can start up again. Man i cant get enough of this game, freakin great. Just think of the mods people can do with this? Can you imagine speed boat races? The maps are huge! The possibilities are endless. I dont want the game to end :(

LA_MERC_Onji
November 17th, 2004, 11:57 AM
hybrid had a good point, i just added the ability to do spoiler tags. just use:

[ spoiler ] spoiler text here [ /spoiler ] (without the spaces around the brackets)

For them to read the text, they have to highlight the text.

You can even use it mid sentence, for example.

Tech is a big boon and everyone knows it.

lol :)

Guys try to keep in mind, and use this when talking about movies, or games, that people havent seen or played yet. especially when talking about plot, and story lines

Silent_Killer
November 17th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Diesel is a NUB sorry man i just had to do it.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha thats kool.that way no one can complain that someone else spoiled something its there own fault if they highlight it.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 17th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Silent, to quote goose...

pot...kettle...black

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 17th, 2004, 12:43 PM
sweet Onji
let me try
SK is an aggrevating #$%*...oh wrong code
HL2 0WNZ J00

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 17th, 2004, 12:48 PM
}{, I edited my post...sorry about the spoilers

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 17th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Mine are edited as well, that is fun..kinda like mad lib...lmao

BTW Tech's Avatar is f'd up

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 18th, 2004, 12:15 AM
Mine are edited as well, that is fun..kinda like mad lib...lmao

BTW Tech's Avatar is f'd up
Funny thing is...I didn't notice that it wasn't the aeroplane until you said something!!!

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 20th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Ok...I just beat the game, and let me tell you...omg...this is, hands down, the best game I've ever played. EXCELLENT graphics, superb story, great audio...excellent game

LA_MERC_Nutria
November 20th, 2004, 10:59 PM
I actually just finished too. All I have to say is the window is WIDE open.
Oh yeah and the blue grav gun is SWEEEET!!!!

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 20th, 2004, 11:27 PM
The following are SERIOUS spoilers: OMG!!! The gravity gun where you can actually throw PEOPLE!!!! That freakin ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the striders?! Holy crap...those things are awesome! Also, what did you think of the ending?!

Slayer
November 20th, 2004, 11:43 PM
Silly Boon!

Anyways, I really need to buy HL2.

LA_MERC_Nutria
November 21st, 2004, 12:09 AM
As for the ending... Typical of HL1. Left you saying WTF, but open for another. G-man has to be an alien of some sort who can control time. He saves your butt in HL1 and again in HL2. I think he puts you in suspended animation until he needs you again. Was it me or did feel uneasy when you were under the train tracks over the water. It just looks too real.

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 21st, 2004, 07:00 AM
My thoughts on the ending: Yes...me too. Also, I thought it was ironic that HL1 starts out with a tram ride, and HL2 "ends" with one...very appropriate, IMHO. I thought the ending was PERFECT for the HL universe. You don't really want a clear-cut ending...because that means no HL3. Excellent game...excellent.

LA_MERC_Onji
November 21st, 2004, 09:53 AM
found this on another site somewhere, really makes sense:

Raising the Bar describes the Combine as follows: "Combine is a term for the game's 'evil empire." The Combine as an organism is successful because of its lack of specialization. It's something that no civilization has ever been able to adapt fast enough to resist, because it has so many arms, so many different attacks, and so many different species weaponized and co-opted for their strengths. As seen in the Metro Cops and Combine Soldiers, humanity is the latest species to be exploited for its negative traits."

So basically the Combine is some kind of interdimensional enslaving army that conquers all the alien species it encounters and makes mercenary soldiers out of the nastiest specimens from each species. I'm guessing the Combine conquered Xen and enslaved the Vortigaunts and that Nihilanth was the Xen equivalent to Dr. Breen. When humans started messing around with Xen, they attracted the Combine's attention and were conquered as well.

That makes a whole lot of sense because at the end of HL1 Nihilanth says something along the lines of "Slaves, we are their slaves" and then it's never clarified just who he's talking about. However, he also mentions something about how "he" will decieve you, and if he's talking about the GMan we haven't yet seen that come about, so he may have just been talking crap to you.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
November 21st, 2004, 12:10 PM
As for the ending... Typical of HL1. Left you saying WTF, but open for another. G-man has to be an alien of some sort who can control time. He saves your butt in HL1 and again in HL2. I think he puts you in suspended animation until he needs you again. Was it me or did feel uneasy when you were under the train tracks over the water. It just looks too real.

I thought that the train tracks were too danged real. I caught myself jumping when I slipped up and fell. That sudden "feeling of you falling" was immense. That gravity gun picking up the guys and throwing was awesome! I played that level over and over again just for that.

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 21st, 2004, 02:05 PM
hehe "Vertigo" is what you mean, I think. That level was one of the funnest, but dang hard, levels. I mean, you're walking a freakin beam...one slip, and that's it. I feel twice in that level...once a heli shot me off, and the other time I timed the jump wrong and missed the landing completely.

Corona
November 21st, 2004, 08:44 PM
i just finished it on hard... and in under a week... i was kinda hoping for longer play time... but oh well it was a GREAT game...to sum it all up in one word... AWSOME!!

-Corona

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==