PDA

View Full Version : What should the name BE:

Corp
November 16th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Well i figured that i would start the poll off and see if we can get the name decided :)

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 16th, 2004, 01:36 PM
phoenix just isnt clicking with me. thats just me though

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 16th, 2004, 01:39 PM
D(.)(.)M...lol

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 16th, 2004, 02:05 PM
hahaha

Uther
November 16th, 2004, 02:13 PM
All this poll will do is bring DOOM! DOOM! I say!

Silent_Killer
November 16th, 2004, 02:22 PM
DooM!!!!!!!

CajunTech
November 16th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Sad when I don' even vote for one of the ones I mentioned haha..

DOOM for me...

Uther
November 16th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Same here Cajun, that just means the DOOM of me.

aCiD
November 16th, 2004, 07:09 PM
dark mercanaries??? come on guys.. Blade of Ascalon wutever sounds a lil more RPGish my opinion... lol

LA_MERC_Mercy
November 16th, 2004, 08:26 PM
i like DOoM also

Daedelus
November 16th, 2004, 09:06 PM
crimson mercenaries has a good sound to it and i could see alot of red in the costumes to stand out but the accronym DOOM does sound good and maybe black colors. so i tosssed up between the 2 names.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 16th, 2004, 09:07 PM
yeah, acid plays a lot of rpg's obviously...

piece of crap

aCiD
November 16th, 2004, 10:11 PM
lmao i do ahahah w00t

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 16th, 2004, 10:53 PM
liar liar pants on fire

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 17th, 2004, 06:40 AM
lol acid an I been playin rpgs for past 9 years, freakin addicting game(s).. anyway Golden Blades of Ascalon sounds the best to me. DOOM sounds like we are copyin' a recent game :p:

CajunTech
November 17th, 2004, 06:54 AM
I only suggested Golden blades because I've used the name for a guild in a previous RPG.

Golden Blades of "city in RPG world".

I was thinking of dropping part of doom.. Maybe just Dark Mercenaries and using either "DM" (any roleplayer recognizes those initials) or using "DOOM".

Could always use Mercenaries of Ascalon "MOA" and have all the ranegrs running around with Moa Birds hehe.. Sorry.. Didn't drink my coffee yet this morning.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 17th, 2004, 09:26 AM
yeah, thats cooky talk.. wake up...

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 17th, 2004, 09:35 AM
did you see one of the top guilds in PvP?

their name = this... "RoFL"

and they are like.. 48 and 0

but i mean.. we can be DOM.. as long as we have Dark Order of Mecenaries. thats just a hard up sounding name to me

i hated the guilds in Asheron's Call that was out just to "protect" all other guilds and stuff like that. their names was stuff like "light blades of blah blah blah" and "shining Order of blah blah blah"

but we can do DoM, DOM, dOm, dOOm... doesnt really matter to me. its not like we are going to be a major factor in the storyline or something.. so i dont really think the guild name matters anyway. in fact.. if everyone starts hating DOOM.. i wont care.. lol.. it will be fine with me.

i cant remember off the top of my head how many are expected to be playing this game.. but it makes us something like... .01% of the population. lol

at this point.. we actually may need two names.. because one may be taken already.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 17th, 2004, 10:04 AM
I kinda agree with you infection.. don't need this huge drawn out name to keep RPGish, but then again using like rofl, or LMAO or stuff like that will only attract little kids, or punk teens with attitudes. DM actually sounds pretty good! Anyway having a backup name like infection said would be cool

CajunTech
November 17th, 2004, 10:56 AM
I agree with EoB about the names and stuff. I've been playing RPG's offline/online for around 15 years. Those LMAO or ROFL guilds will probably be..

1.) Hacker/Cheaters (or we can just group them under retards)
2.) Have an average age of 13 or so..
3.) Be the most annoying bunch of arses in the game.

Most of the guilds I've seen like that were the kind that came along and ruin others fun or just annoyed people. I think GuildWars is doing away with a lot of those problems. We can go on missions all we want without worrying about ROFL coming along and mauling us or camping the mobs that drop good loot.

Falls into my best things about guildwars...

Can choose the group of people you want to play with.
Don't have to worry about others spoiling your fun.
Don't have to worry about PKs (player killers), but still have the option for PvP (Player vs Player).

Damn.. Still didn't drink my coffee yet....

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 17th, 2004, 12:15 PM
thats a good post then for not drinking coffee yet haha. yup, my main rpg was pretty much runined when everyone took on the word "owned" then pwned the joo and all that crap. From then on our all the clans, guilds, players ect. had this cocky arse attitude, when I'm like.. its a game, chill. But I do love the fact you don't have to worry about other players when you wanna hunt, missions ect. Even if someone in the district is being a jerk and spamming about your moms sex life (no, did not happen.. just an example), you can just join another district.. cool stuff!

LA_MERC_Onji
November 17th, 2004, 12:59 PM
thats why i choose to play on roleplay servers when i can, it cuts out alot of that crap

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 17th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Onji you going to look into this? I know you play rpg's?
I will as Feb get's closer

CajunTech
November 17th, 2004, 01:24 PM
I'm leaning towards Dark Mercenaries.... A name role players in guild can role play.. Evil bandits, mercs for hire (I plan on messing with this one a lil), etc..

"Dark Mercenaries" has that evil war type ring to it for guild battles.

BTW - The reason I mention Dark Mercenaries instead of Dark Order of Mercenaries is the the second option may be too long to use.

CajunTech
November 17th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Guild Bulletin Boards
Not implemented yet. We do know that Guilds will, at release, be able to create a bbs for their own use.

Guild Shared Storage Space
Not implemented yet. There will be shared storage space for Guild Members, probably located within the Guild Hall.

Just some stuff I ran across. Also guild emblems and stuff will be at guild hall instead of just the red flags they have now.

CajunTech
November 17th, 2004, 02:07 PM
InfectioN']
i cant remember off the top of my head how many are expected to be playing this game.. but it makes us something like... .01% of the population.

You know the old saying that size doesn't matter? In online RPG's it can be true. The most respected role playing guilds in online games I have played were typically no more than 20-30 players (many more characters) per guild. You can believe me when I say developers listened to them. I was in one for a short time. We submitted a quest to the developers, they liked it and set it up for us.

Guilds that get too big generally start to have problems. Just remember all it takes is for one guy with the guild tag to start being an arse and the whole guild now has a bad rep until it's cleared up.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==