View Full Version : Helpful Guild Wars post

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 10th, 2004, 10:20 PM
http://www.s90947942.onlinehome.us/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=194

interview.

question and answer type stuff with the creator

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 10th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Q: Will our characters be wiped next beta?
A: No

so cajuntech.. our late night effort wasnt for nothing! game on! lol

Q: How much of your development staff is actually female?
A: Hmmm, around 6 female devs. Tami, Gaile, Rebecca, Tonya, Katy, Marti, Susan…Did I miss anyone? Oh, Kristyn (pr) and Lisa, also known as “The Wolf”.

Q: The wolf?
A: Yeah, the wolf, as in, “You sending the wolf? Well *&%# man, that’s all you had to say!”

i laughed pretty hard on that one... only because i've seen pulp fiction i guess.. if you havent seen it.. its really funny... lol

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 10th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Q: What is the chance that we will see a more balanced warrior/monk next beta?
A: 100%

didnt like that one...

haha.. since i have been leveling a warrior/monk. lol

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 11th, 2004, 06:53 AM
nice find infection
"
Q: Will there a wipe before the actual release?
A Of course
Q: Wait, so there will be no wipe ever, or just not after this beta?
A: Before release, and probably in January. "

So I suggest we all start off as level 1 next beta, and try the class you want to play.. MAN CAN'T WAIT

CajunTech
November 11th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Me and Tanya tried first level characters. If ya'll will be playing them too it will be more fun and new missions to run through. We should have enough players to form a group and play up to a decent level.

Also if want to cheat a little. Which I may since it's beta. The characters I have with lots of resources and gold can get to Ascalon where 1st level chars start. Would say also decent weapons, but since you start with 0 skills a sword requiring 4+ sword mastey wouldn't help much hehe..

CajunTech
November 11th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Char's I'm planning so far..

Warrior/Elementalist - Hammer/Earth/Strength/Tactics (Use a lot of knockdown hvy dmg skills)

Monk/Warrior - Swords/Healing/Divine Favor/Tactics/Protection/Smite (Lots of enchantments can play role of fighter or healer)

Mesmer/Ranger - Illusion/Domination/Marksmanship (Gotta love the mesmer look. will ty to make this into a mage killer)

Last character will have necro mixed in with him. Haven't figured out a combo yet, but I do want every class mixed into th 4 characters.

So whatever chars ya'll make net Beta I'll make a complimentary one from the list above.

[uGa] Saint
November 11th, 2004, 09:49 AM
yea, let me know some idea's for a character since im gonna try and get in for the next beta round... I dont know crap about these guys so figure out who you have and who would be a good compliment.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 11th, 2004, 10:55 AM
wait. the wipe isnt going to occur till january

why not use this next beta to truely find which character we want and get comfortable

we can use january to practice lvl'ing up 1st lvl characters

we are all still undecided as to what we really really like (or i am)

we can use december as a good testing month

use this link to post and find out about what character you think you want and be reading up on it

http://www.guild-hall.net/forum/index.php?

this is a site that i found off the cd. AND a forum in which the dev's actually read. (the cd WAS worth something)

and also.. i just ordered a new comp today.... haha. 512 DDR ram, athlon xp 3000+, yadda yadda yaddaaaaaaaa... i'll be set for the next beta month.

i dont know what character im going to play now. they said we will see a change in warrior/monk. so thats why im going to use december to find a character i like.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 11th, 2004, 11:06 AM
here is another board im going to be reading. the vn boards were always huge in asheron's call.

http://vnboards.ign.com/Guild_Wars_General_Board/b22740/

that is also a premier site for dev's to be watching

and for your character information.. go here

http://guildwars.ogaming.com/

go to professions on the left and you can look up skills and everything.

CajunTech
November 11th, 2004, 11:07 AM
I can always log in at 2:00AM Sat morning while all you boons are sleeping and play with some level 15 chars :p

I tried quite a few combinations last week and know some I definately do not want to play...

Best site I've found is..

http://guildwars.ogaming.com

Eevry skill listed and a pretty good forum.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 11th, 2004, 12:08 PM
saint I am undecided also! I love my mesmer, they just have spells no other class can touch. I'm thinkin Monk/Mesmer, and be more of a defence character then a high rolling dmg caster. Which path gets crimpled again? Now I think about it a mesmer/ranger be nice.. does it cost mana to shoot arrows? Slow then down, throw few dots run away and start shooting.. wow nice combo there

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 11th, 2004, 12:10 PM
I think they might make your 2ndary class a little weaker this coming beta. There is a reason why its "2ndary" and not primary. For looks? No, don't think so. they probably going to cap some 2ndary paths on skills attributes ect. Thats probably why the war/monk won't be too good =/

CajunTech
November 11th, 2004, 12:17 PM
does it cost mana to shoot arrows? Slow then down, throw few dots run away and start shooting.. wow nice combo there

No mana cost to shoot arrows, only for special moves. Of course if you are slowing down your opponent and draining thier mana then.... Death from above.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 11th, 2004, 12:21 PM
IF.. you hit the character

thats rangers weakness. that arrow has to hit.

i was reading one ranger's post. he said that characters around a monster or person (on his side) was actually getting in the way of his arrows.

that wont be good.

im like you eob.. i dont know what character i want.. there are so many. and with them actually thinking about 1v1 pvp.. i want the best character i can have for solo'ing

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 11th, 2004, 12:31 PM
after reading more..

im leaning towards either a mesmer/ranger... or a mesmer/warrior (mages get attacked first.. once i have them hurting and they target me.. i can cast as much as possible.. once energy is gone.. go to hammer and show that i can hit for physical damage also

CajunTech
November 11th, 2004, 04:03 PM
energy gone? Use an +1 energy per hit weapon they seem to rock. I was a lava bursting mofo in PvP....

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 11th, 2004, 04:47 PM
i mean as a mesmer

if mesmer is prim/ warrior second... you use up all your energy on a target then go to weapon (warrior) and go to work on him/her

CajunTech
November 11th, 2004, 05:48 PM
yeah, but in melee with an energy +1 per hit weapon you build back up fast :)

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 11th, 2004, 06:14 PM
then that would be used for a melee skill i guess

CajunTech
November 11th, 2004, 06:33 PM
yeah, but cna cast spells in melee too.. Mesmer has fast cast ability.Just guessing here, but you might be able to get a few spells off..

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 11th, 2004, 07:47 PM
yea mesmers tend to get off faster... ermm i mean yea they cast spells pretty fast.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 11th, 2004, 08:39 PM
well i'm going to have to. after thinking about it... i am going to have to put all my points in 3 categories to make them really strong

that would be two mesmer skill classes (the most powerful of the 4) and one 10 in hammer (the most powerful melee single handed weapon).

now of course. there is a 5-30 axe out there that ive seen.. and with a nice wand in one hand and that axe in another.. it would be nice.

but the point is.. melee wont be effective. since i wont be able to boost strength at all. plus the fact that i will only have 8 slots for skills to be in.. so im sure (after seeing like.. 30 awesome mesmer skills) that i wont have room for melee skills

OMG! this is so confusing! get me back in the game! hahaha

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==