PDA

View Full Version : Guildwar Character Names

CajunTech
November 5th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Going to try and throw a guild together as soon as possible this weekend (unless it's still there from last week). Throw your names up if interested and I'll send you an invite.

Makes it easier for us to chat in game (if not using team speak) and opens up things like guild battles and guild hall.

My character name is Ramses Cajun (Warrior/Elementalist).

LA_MERC_Maverick
November 5th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Mine is Mav Rick...hehehe (original I know)

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 5th, 2004, 02:54 PM
DOH, hey anyone have a friend KEY that they don't plan on using this weekend? I tried BB and gamestop and they are all out of the demos/cd-keys. I have one on reserve, but won't be here in time for this weekend. If you do, I can give you my friend cdkey use when I get mine in, for the next beta test weekend.. thanks, just PM me if can

CajunTech
November 5th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Tanya was just checking something out on the guild wars website. Our guild is ranked 329th in the top 1000 guilds with a 3-0 record from guild Ladder.

http://ladder.guildwars.com

Swedish
November 5th, 2004, 06:31 PM
DOH, hey anyone have a friend KEY that they don't plan on using this weekend?

i could use one too if anyone doesnt need it. i couldnt find the magazine with the code inside it. ill look again though.

CajunTech
November 5th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Think we have enough codes to get a few Mercs on this weekend. The wife already went to sleep so she can wake up early and play hehe.

Just catch me or her on teamspeak tomorro morning.

Swedish
November 5th, 2004, 06:39 PM
does it start at 12am?

CajunTech
November 5th, 2004, 06:44 PM
12:o1AM Pacific.. 2:00AM Central.. Blah too damn early for me..

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 5th, 2004, 09:08 PM
oh i see how it is cajun, just cause i'm not merc no more you won't give me code... thats harsh man, thats harsh..

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 5th, 2004, 09:24 PM
dont worry.. i wont have one either. all the dang stores closed at 10 and i got off around 9:55. but crap.. why didnt they start it friday? 2 am saturday morning? that gives you only two days.. the weekend starts on friday!

LA_MERC_Drax
November 5th, 2004, 10:08 PM
328 Cajun, just checked!

[uGa] Saint
November 5th, 2004, 10:47 PM
gimme a key and im in booooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!

Swedish
November 6th, 2004, 01:52 AM
if anyones got one of those cool key thingys id be more then glade to take it off your hands. :)

Daedelus
November 6th, 2004, 04:23 PM
same i got the guild wars client dled now and team speak but my mic dont work iam logged in teamspeak now and messaged you cajun. 3
:30 pm pacific time. so i can use one of the free week end passes now.

Daedelus
November 7th, 2004, 12:27 PM
aww still cant get in need a pass :( sounds fun listening to you guys on team speak.

LA_MERC_Drax
November 8th, 2004, 02:06 AM
moved up to rank 257th this month :)

Sergei Criffnoobsky
November 8th, 2004, 06:35 AM
With ya help I'd get in too ;) ;)

CajunTech
November 8th, 2004, 08:13 AM
This is where I wanna go next month :) Any takers.

http://home.mchsi.com/~twistedpuppy/gw004.gif

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 8th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Been there.. done that.. actually drax and I explored the area for a few hours or so. We just took a monk henchWOmen and ran around killing stuff, that area is a lot bigger then we thought. We found so many new things to us, including a new town to buy crafter items. Also ran into a few phantoms that do 200-300 dmg per chain lightning. I say we get ALL of us and explore. It might be crap exp, but we found a few good items i must say.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 8th, 2004, 10:16 AM
got to lvl up my warrior/monk, got him to 16th last night before it ended

the heal self spell isnt going to be as powerful as everyone thinks.

me and cajun determined you can get 3 attributes to lvl 10 if you are 20th lvl. well i pumped my heal self magic and got it to a 9. i could heal myself for 64.

so when it comes to getting hit for 120 and stuff.. it wont be like we thought. i was under the impression the warrior/monk could heal self like he heals others.. for like 160

what do you guys think about monk/warrior? what would be the difference in that? just energy and hitpoint diffference?

LA_MERC_Drax
November 8th, 2004, 12:08 PM
lots of differences spamtard...first thing is different sets of armor. Monk gives more energy and higher energy regeneration rate. Warrior has higher ac, which means you don't get hit as hard. Plus, melee damage is gonna be lots higher on the warrior.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 8th, 2004, 12:11 PM
yup good point.. plus.. something just seems odd with a monk holding a big arse sword. if you were to do the combo, i'd do war/monk. But with me, next test ima be primary monk. We got murdered due to the fact there was not many healers on our team. I've played monks/healers/poets in all rpgs.. they are not as fun as the spell caster high dmg, but they are most loved in grps :p

Monk I need a moooonk!

CajunTech
November 8th, 2004, 12:14 PM
I was reading about monk/warrior. You can actually add energy regen to have more than four arrows on energy so you can use more enchantments. Some of the guys playing this char were getting healed 20-180 points every time they hit an enemy or were hit by one. Mix it with warrior skills that hit multiple enemies and it's near impossible to die vs. creatures. All of this and the ability to res and heal other players.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 8th, 2004, 01:38 PM
well there wont be any healing of other characters. because it cost 15 energy. you have 20 energy for a warrior. one spell and your done. but you got a lot of other things to do.. like power attack and stuff that cost energy. warrior/monk is not for healing others.. he is for living and be the last one standing in case missions go wrong. in guild wars, he is for tanking and possibly being able to solo if one or two got on him.. he could heal himself long enough for the group to murder whoever is attacking him. the war/monk cant buff himself with alot because he just doesnt have the energy to do it. the hamstring thing where you make movement cut in half.. that cost like 10 or 15.. you add that to trying to put a buff on.. then you cant use any sword skills to hit hard.

people are building to much hype about how a warrior/monk cant be stopped. if you want a hard hitting warrior.. you arent going to have all these high magic abilities. you are going to have 3 things.. Str, Sword or axe or whatever, and Healing Prayers. if you start putting skill points into other stuff to bring it up.. you start going down in all the others.. then you dont hit for good damage (or good enough damage to do anything, because "good" characters are going to have good armor.. not henchman armor)

war/monk is a strong character for missions. but for guild wars he isnt. for guild wars i would think that a warrior with cripple would be good. i dont know which class has the spell that cripples you and slows movement.. but if you could do that to the mage and then chase him down.. you would rape.

what i want to know is. how much damage does a shield absorb? because an axe or hammer does way more damage than a sword. is shield mainly for missiles? because if the difference of shield is minor.. then i would say dump the shield and go for damage. but i never tested it out this weekend

warrior/monk in my opinion is the guy that should be the last one standing.. but only because in guild wars.. you dont go for warriors first.. you go for the healers.

Eob. your mesmer last night owned. the monk in the groups could heal characters.. but they didnt have time to remove curses and stuff. when you was putting spells on the warriors for us.. they was going down quick. would monk/mes be a good combo?

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 8th, 2004, 01:55 PM
yea, i had NO defence what so ever. I can not remove curses, could not heal, all I did was cause curses and high dmg fire, but we had a lot of war/eles for that. If i could remove curses, and heal everyone that be awesome. Pls I will have more mana cause of monk, but get mesmer curses. Please ele is a mana drainer, cast 3 spells and your done ><

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 8th, 2004, 02:39 PM
i only saw one group cast curses. thats the group with all the bow characters.

by the way.. does a ranger have cripple? maybe that was what was doing it to us

that group crippled us and just went to work. they called out a target and bam.. it was dead. when i got crippled.. i just saw damage start owning me. and i couldnt get to anyone.

if ranger has cripple.. that would be insane.

[uGa] Saint
November 8th, 2004, 03:10 PM
how many people can be in a clan? like are there just huge swarms of people runnin around?

Cajunwife
November 8th, 2004, 03:25 PM
You can have as many people in your guild but for the guild on guild battles you get in a party of 8 of you members. I think its 8 anyways, you all correct me if I am wrong.

CajunTech
November 8th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Um.. ... hmmmm... Let's see.. My warrior/monk was casting spells like crazy with -1 mana regen :)

I had mending (+4 health regen, -1 energy regen) and Live Vicariously (+30hp per hit, -1 energy regen). I used a sword with -1 energy regen, but +1 energy per hit. Well, I hit a lot faster than I was losing energy to a -1 regen. Not much chance of dieing either since can still cast heal (74 hp) or healing hands (gain 30ish everytime I get hit for 12 seconds).

Just remember to unequip your weapon after combat or your mana drains away and your enchantment disappears hehe..

Monk/warrior is even worse because you can have more enchantments on yourself or become the main healer if party has enough tanks.

CajunTech
November 8th, 2004, 04:09 PM
InfectioN']if ranger has cripple.. that would be insane.

Rangers do have a cripple skill - Pin Down... I think pretty much every profession except monk has some sort of crippling (or slow down) type skill.

Also monk/warrior, not warrior/monk so have 30 mana + whatever mana I have from the item in my left hand. I had a scroll that gave me +15 energy one time, so that would be 45 mana on a monk/warrior. Monk also has a head tattoo that gives +1 energy regen so would still have 2-3 arrows on mana bar.

I'll be making 4 completely different characters. So when we form a group I can hopefully fill in or whatever is lacking (tank, caster, healer, archer). Also have to figure some characters can play multiple roles just by switching a few skills before the mission. Monk/Warrior for example can be tank or primary healer.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 8th, 2004, 04:52 PM
I had mending (+4 health regen, -1 energy regen) and Live Vicariously (+30hp per hit, -1 energy regen). I used a sword with -1 energy regen, but +1 energy per hit. Well, I hit a lot faster than I was losing energy to a -1 regen. Not much chance of dieing either since can still cast heal (74 hp) or healing hands (gain 30ish everytime I get hit for 12 seconds).

what was the name of those spells... they wasnt offered at lion's arch was they? i thought i looked through all of them

[uGa] Saint
November 8th, 2004, 06:24 PM
']You can have as many people in your guild but for the guild on guild battles you get in a party of 8 of you members. I think its 8 anyways, you all correct me if I am wrong.

thank you T :)

well, i was thinking about getting the game, but seems like there will be way more than 8 playing how would that work out, some people have to wait till others quit playin or something?

Cajunwife
November 8th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Here is a picture from the end of a mission. From left to right: Monk Henchman, Mavrick, Infection, Nutria, Cajuntech, and myself.

CajunTech
November 8th, 2004, 06:48 PM
thank you T :)

well, i was thinking about getting the game, but seems like there will be way more than 8 playing how would that work out, some people have to wait till others quit playin or something?

400,000 people were playing on the open weekend. Guild can be any size. Hunting parties are a max of 6 people, but we can have multiple hunting parties. You can also hunt with other people not in guild. For guild battles it's 8 vs 8, but again can have multiple battles.

CajunTech
November 8th, 2004, 06:55 PM
InfectioN']what was the name of those spells... they wasnt offered at lion's arch was they? i thought i looked through all of them

Yep.. All in Lion's arch. That was my 15th level monk warrior in the first and second mission.Whole party died and I was able to res them one at a time while fighting. The only time I really took damage that really hurt me was due to poison since it canceled my health regen.

Daedelus
November 8th, 2004, 08:21 PM
so hey is there any codes/cd keys out there for the next time they have this up so i can get in it was so frustrating to listen to you guys on sat and sun and not be able to get in to play boo-hoo. but sounded like great fun.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 8th, 2004, 09:05 PM
so hey is there any codes/cd keys out there for the next time they have this up so i can get in it was so frustrating to listen to you guys on sat and sun and not be able to get in to play boo-hoo. but sounded like great fun.

? it only cost 10 bucks. you can get it at comp usa, eb games, best buy

any of those

Saint.. you need to get in. we arent all going to be playing at the same time. its like saying.. hey.. all 8 of us get on cs at the same time at this one point. its just not going to be like that once this thing starts. we were are all on at the same time this weekend only because you had two days to play it.

we will need as many people as possible playing. we played a guild war and got owned for the simple fact we had to pick to tards up that wasnt on our teamspeak, plus we didnt know them and didnt know how good they were

there are going to be a lot of different lvls also. everyone isnt going to get the same playing time as everyone else. we will have some 10th lvl.. and then some 3rd lvl. thats how its going to go. probably the 10th lvl's arent going to want to run with the 3rd lvl's... thats just how its always been. i know i wont be lvl'ing up very fast.. i have a ton of stuff to do throughout the day with two jobs.. haha. plus.. when you get online and see there is no one on.. you really dont even want to play.. because you have to play with other tards.

all that to say this... the more the merry

CajunTech
November 8th, 2004, 09:20 PM
We didn't lose any guild battles (4-0). We messed with the King's Tomb arena thing a couple times. We killed a team and lost to another one, so not too bad.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 8th, 2004, 09:59 PM
they dont keep up with those battles?

and i thought we lost twice in that one.

we beat the first.. then we lost to the second (bow group that crippled us).. then lost to the third?

CajunTech
November 8th, 2004, 10:01 PM
That was one huge battle. Didn't ount as a guild battle. That was a fun battle thing. Guild battles are strictly between guilds.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 8th, 2004, 10:04 PM
jeez that was a fast post dude... lol

have you found a guild wars forum yet?

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 9th, 2004, 06:15 AM
I miss this game :( Can't wait for it to come out... No doubt the game is going to be a lot bigger then it is right now. More missions, more lands, more items, weapons, materials.. We just need to make sure we don't have too many of the same characters within our guild. Such as 10 wars and 1 primary monk hehe. I tell you though, the crippled archer thing tore us up.. Rangers would run away from warriors as they would be crippled, and about 5 of them shot. By the end of that round, they all just decided to rush past all of us and attack our base. Really really fun though.. It bugs me we have to wait now :(

[uGa] Saint
November 9th, 2004, 07:22 AM
this will end up being a game where you'll have to buy expansion packs every once in awhile since you dont pay monthly (someone was talking about this last night, cajuntech, drax, or infection) I'll preorder the game if you guys need another player (im already planning on getting it anyways) and i really dont care what my character is, so just tell me who to be and how to level him up and i'll be set for the next time this is played.

Cajunwife
November 9th, 2004, 07:25 AM
My primary character will be a warrior/ranger.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 9th, 2004, 08:55 AM
I don't mind expansion packs as much as monthly payments. Its when you play like EQ, you have monthly payment AND expansion packs.. bah.. Anyway saint I think you will like it. You gotta pick your own path :p: that best fit you. Everyone can have a character they want, I was simply making a suggestion how we could do pvp better. And I doubt there is any BAD combo of character too. They all have good abilities, skills ect. and we can probably use them all. Thats what this beta test can do. You can figure out what path you like best together. Which is why i'm upset I spent to much time lvling and items/money instead of testing out all the paths. Plus all that time we spent lvling and getting items will be totally gone. Come next month I will spend my time on the game wiser.

CajunTech
November 9th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Good thing about this game is you can have 4 different characters per account. The characters will be usable for Player vs Player and for just plain old hunting. You use the same character just change some skills depending on what you are doing.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 9th, 2004, 10:29 AM
well what about giving armor? can you give someone the armor that you get? like cajuntech's armor?

if so.. then that doesnt make spending time getting items worthless. i think everyone needs to at least have had a suit of armor and see how good it is and what kind of damage you are getting hit for with it. i still am waiting to test out the whole, no shield/axe and shield/sword to see which is better.

WOW.. i hate that stupid beta.. all i want to do now is play. CRAP

CajunTech
November 9th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Stuff that is customized for one player can't be used by another. Which is pretty cool in my opinion. I get a suit of armor crafted for me and it probaly won't fit the guy next to me...

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 9th, 2004, 12:56 PM
thats awesome, that way some nub does not start the game, and his uber buff friend gives him best armor in game and can own in pvp.. its a good idea.

CajunTech
November 9th, 2004, 12:57 PM
yep.. like the way armor is level dependant too..

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 9th, 2004, 01:58 PM
well lvl dependent is ok. but i dont think that armor should be made for you and you only. they need to fix that. you should be able to customize it.. THEN.. you can cant give it.

but i mean.. lvl 17+ or lvl 5+ or whatever.. that should be how it is restricted

ig.deviant
November 9th, 2004, 02:16 PM
the point for the armor to be made for you and you only is because you got the required items to make it....if you want someone to make it for you just ask them to collect the items needed and let you have it so you can make it

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 9th, 2004, 05:18 PM
well the point is... the crap part about this game is that you make something.. and then cant give it to anyone or trade it. you got something made and then you cant give it to your other 20th lvl character. thats gay

when you put on something to make the armor or weapon do certain things.. why have someone who can take that stuff off? so you can trade it or give it to another character

why screw the armor or weapon for the rest of the game?

ig.deviant
November 9th, 2004, 05:46 PM
thats why the game is based off hardwork...not something you can do with 1 character and supe up the other one

Cajunwife
November 9th, 2004, 05:49 PM
I agree.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 9th, 2004, 07:01 PM
hardwork?

lvl restrictions is the same hardwork. i never said this was trying to power lvl your noob 1st lvl

and what about trading it off? say you dont want that character? you have the badest weapon in the game... yet you are deleting the character

these are issues that need to be taken care of. it is pointless to say.. "well.. no one can use it"

ig.deviant
November 9th, 2004, 11:20 PM
im not gonna explain it to you if your gonna keep rambling about it....its the way how the game is and unless you can convice them otherwise its not gonna change

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 9th, 2004, 11:27 PM
explain it to me?

haha

i know how the game is. i am stressing a point.. not asking a question. lol

if you want to explain something.. give me a run down on how the game is coded. that i dont know

CajunTech
November 10th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Quick example of why it's in place by explaining how easy it would be if not in place.

Me, You, Drax, and Deviant each make 4 characters. Warrior, Monk, Elementalist, Ranger. Ok We all get our characters to 20th level. Drax makes armor for his warrior, Deviant for his mage, you for your ranger, and me for my monk. Now whenever we decide to go hunting we each take one of the classes, but we swap armor around. So nowwe have 16 playable characters with only 4 complete suits of armor. That would suck when playing against guilds with armor upgraded to godly status.

Ultima was like that where characters could use anyone's armor. I would keep a chest in my house and strip my characters as I logged. then equipped whichever one I logged in with the best stuff.

CajunTech
November 10th, 2004, 08:46 AM
I only wish I knew how the game was coded.

1.)Create/modify new server
2.)Edit client to point to new server
3.)Play all freaking month

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 10th, 2004, 08:57 AM
too bad the word "whine" was not a trigger in forums.. ohwell

anyway I like how it is, forces you to work for yourself, not for other people.. btw its not useless, you can sell your armor to the smith for a pretty pennie. All in all, its a game, enjoy it, or don't play it.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 10th, 2004, 10:35 AM

anyway I like how it is, forces you to work for yourself, not for other people.. btw its not useless, you can sell your armor to the smith for a pretty pennie. All in all, its a game, enjoy it, or don't play it.

i'll just post my issues with the game in a forum that people actually like to discuss the issues that are wrong with the game.. lol

you guys have the impressed that every game is flawless. without feedback.. these games wouldnt survive. thats all im doing.. is giving feedback. whether its possitive or negitive.. its still me who pays for the game. and without me (and tons of other "whiners" (if that's what you want to call us) then the game would shut down or fold in 2 months)

i'm complaining about ONE issue out of the whole games system.. jeez

this is why games have patches and updates sometimes weekly

like i said.. here on this forum.. i'll just post the positives about the game and think its the greatest game ever invented. lol

[uGa] Saint
November 10th, 2004, 11:23 AM
lol, maybe it will change when its fully released??? who knows.

CajunTech
November 10th, 2004, 12:24 PM
My opinion is that the crafting system is fine the way it is. The reason I stopped playing most of the online games I played was because of how easy they started making them for newer players.

Man.. Just post whatever you want about the game. If I see something I disagree with I'll post my opinion about it. I like talking about the game. I will say that if feel you have a real problem with something in the game you should post it in one of the forums dedicated to it. A lot better chance of a developer seeing it there than here.

A lot of my opinions about the game come from what I've read in some of the other forums. I did not get a chance to try every class, weapon, armor combo, etc...

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 10th, 2004, 12:53 PM
like i said.. im just posting my opinion here. i didnt at one point think that what i post here is going to get something changed. but when i post and people start telling me to deal with it or quit playing.. then im just going to quit posting what i think about the game period, here

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 10th, 2004, 01:10 PM
No game is perfect, flaws happen. I said if you don't like the game don't play it.. Why would you. Didn't throw that to you infection, but guess you took it. Sugguestions and opinions are one thing, buy calling other ideas of people g4y, stupid and getting all worked up about it is another.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 10th, 2004, 02:25 PM

so who else was saying it was useless. i have been the only one agianst it so far. so why would i not take it as "you pointing at me"

No game is perfect, flaws happen. I said if you don't like the game don't play it.. Why would you. Didn't throw that to you infection, but guess you took it. Sugguestions and opinions are one thing, buy calling other ideas of people g4y, stupid and getting all worked up about it is another.

like i said earlier. this is one issue i have with the game. everyone has an issue with some part of the game. go to a real forum where things are actually discussed about guild wars. then go on there and post "if you dont like it.. dont play" and see how far you get. that just doesnt make sense. whether i use adjectives such as "gay" or whatever.. who cares.. thats just an opinion with an expression given.

say you want a car for 20 grand, yet the only color is purple. but the car is exactly what you want. "sorry, we cant change it, our idea for purple is all we are going to settle for"

consumers is why things get changed. not people that settle for what is given.

CajunTech
November 10th, 2004, 02:46 PM
InfectioN']
say you want a car for 20 grand, yet the only color is purple. but the car is exactly what you want. "sorry, we cant change it, our idea for purple is all we are going to settle for"

Hey what's wrong with purple cars? I owned one of those easter egg purple dodge neons a while back. Real chick magnet... Course all the lil kids were waiting for Barney to step out of it everytime I went somewhere.....

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 10th, 2004, 03:07 PM
well i guess i was going off the bias of guys not wanting a purple car. i apologize any male that actually owns a purple vehicle... LOL

i also apologize for any negative remarks made towards guild wars. i am not worthy to play this game.... please forgive me.. at least just this time

CajunTech
November 10th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Forgiveness is for nubs, not boons :p

I don't care about the negative remaks toward the game. Gives me stuff to think about. I could point out crap about games I've played before all day. Just remembr anything said about the game is abou the game not about the players. Let's try to keep this section civilized and not go off on each other.

CajunTech
November 10th, 2004, 03:30 PM
InfectioN']well i guess i was going off the bias of guys not wanting a purple car. i apologize any male that actually owns a purple vehicle... LOL

That was a tough lil car. I drove off the lot in it (a standard) and had never driven before except for the little test you have to take for your license. Car went through about 4 accidents and $8000 in damages hehe. It was still running when I traded it in..

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 10th, 2004, 04:38 PM
InfectioN']like i said earlier. this is one issue i have with the game. everyone has an issue with some part of the game. go to a real forum where things are actually discussed about guild wars. then go on there and post "if you dont like it.. dont play" and see how far you get. that just doesnt make sense.
odd you use quotes but thats not what I said in my last post. I said if you do not like the "game" don't play it. Did not said parts of the game, because..again.. no game is perfect. I never used your name, and you never said you don't like the game, so don't take it to yourself. Calm down man, you get to rowdy. But I bet if you go on the "forums" where they talk about it and call other people ideas that they like "gay" that would not get to far either. Anyway I like how they have it set up, and if they change it ohwell.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 10th, 2004, 08:57 PM
:)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==