PDA

View Full Version : GuildWars

ig.deviant
October 29th, 2004, 04:10 AM
If any of you are Diablo or Diablo 2 fans I suggest you try GuildWars. Its like a mix of EQ and D2 and its more based around pvp rather than lvling yourself up. If anyone wants to check it out, the website is http://www.guildwars.com/ . They are allowing us to d/l the client and try it out before it hits the stores sometime in november. All you have to do is buy the cd and there is no monthly fee. The free testing stage is from today(friday) to sunday.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
October 29th, 2004, 05:52 AM
sweet, i'ma check it out!

eNdOfBeGinNinG
October 29th, 2004, 05:53 AM
wow the screen shots look awesome

aCiD
October 29th, 2004, 06:20 AM
bah, if they look awesome im not even going to bother DLing it now.. i know my puter wont run it

eNdOfBeGinNinG
October 29th, 2004, 06:36 AM
lol man its awesome.. dood it does not run that slow at all.. when you go into a town it lags a bit, but after awhile its fine.. you should play man, i'm already in town. MY name is Vash Tremble

eNdOfBeGinNinG
October 29th, 2004, 06:40 AM
bah, if they look awesome im not even going to bother DLing it now.. i know my puter wont run it
btw it takes like 5 sec to D/L cause they stream it to your pc, then you install. It took my total 5 mins. I'm tellin you acid, you will love the graphics and the spells. and WOW the weapons look sweet, and i'm just a noob.. deviant you going to be playin this?

ig.deviant
October 29th, 2004, 12:17 PM
yea im gonna be playing....if any of you guys gonna play send me a msg in game to Dryz Rayner or IM me at Deviant84

ig.deviant
October 29th, 2004, 12:34 PM
oh yea forgot to mention....even though i hadn't done pvp yet the missions are REALLY hard. the first one was pretty easy, the 2nd one took me couple times, and im workin on the 3rd one and ive died at least 5 times so far tryin to accomplish it. also eob since you have already started playing, you should be sometimes gettin salvage junk from mobs. (oh yea you can also press m to pull up on your map and expand the map then zoom back in on a town you already been to and travel back to it) go to the outfitters and get a salvage kit and it turns that junk into something you can use at the crafter guy

LA_MERC_Mercy
October 29th, 2004, 01:26 PM
damn..that is what that junk is for...im playing also...mercy the mad...

eNdOfBeGinNinG
October 29th, 2004, 01:48 PM
w00t, i whisper u mercy

eNdOfBeGinNinG
October 29th, 2004, 01:58 PM
where are you two? lol log on!

LA_MERC_Mercy
October 29th, 2004, 02:15 PM
lol i had to go get my son from school..im about to log back in..

LA_MERC_Drax
October 29th, 2004, 02:59 PM
whisper me at Drax Dreamgazer

NoXiOuS
October 29th, 2004, 03:16 PM
whisper me at Maria Windwalker, female monk at large!

ig.deviant
October 29th, 2004, 03:57 PM
wow everyone is playing lol...ill start sending messages

eNdOfBeGinNinG
October 30th, 2004, 08:28 AM
update, I changed my 2ndary class to monk, so i had to create a new name.. its Vash Blaze. OH yea me and deviant tore up the mission last night, we had to grp a few npc's but we owned then. Mercy we need you in there man!!!! We are going to set up a Team Speak server, and just have people connect when we all wanna play.. anyway lemmie know if you want in.

SnAkEbItE
October 30th, 2004, 10:27 AM
I'm in but can't remember my char name I'm a nub.

Cajunwife
October 30th, 2004, 12:42 PM
We started playing last night. Very fun. Let us know the teamspeak info please..

Swedish
October 30th, 2004, 01:31 PM
i DLed this last night. just seems like Diablo to me. when my friend was telling me about it, i thought it would have been just like ever quest but without the montly fee. i was a little let down.

Swedish
October 30th, 2004, 04:39 PM
whisper me at Maria Windwalker, female monk at large!

LOL female? i never did understand why guys make chick characters

LA_MERC_Maverick
October 30th, 2004, 05:40 PM
i played it tonight, reminded me alot of dungeon siege, it was pretty cool, def be interested in playing this more

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
October 30th, 2004, 06:40 PM
so if i dl'd it.. what all should i do?

sounds like something fun and different

ive played asheron's call and SWG. so what kind of character should i make? i dont want to get in there and waste a lot of time.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
October 30th, 2004, 11:10 PM
where are you guys at

i added everyone and you are all offline

Lucifane Syncrex

NoXiOuS
October 31st, 2004, 01:47 AM
LOL female? i never did understand why guys make chick characters

ummmm Nice Character models???????

ig.deviant
October 31st, 2004, 03:37 AM
it really does remind me everquest/diablo and the graphics and stuff are good considering theres no monthly fee. however once they shut off the free testing stage i have to go play the beta for EQ2...never got around to it

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
October 31st, 2004, 03:47 AM
Go to bed.. lol

NoXiOuS
October 31st, 2004, 04:17 AM
however once they shut off the free testing stage i have to go play the beta for EQ2...never got around to it

Bah! People besides me get it, and DONT PLAY IT?!?!?!
Unfairness. lol

ig.deviant
October 31st, 2004, 11:05 AM
lol i dont go to bed until like 5 or 6 in the morning...i got imsonia or something

ig.deviant
October 31st, 2004, 05:39 PM
screenshot of me and couple of friends that completed a mission

ig.deviant
October 31st, 2004, 05:40 PM
forgot to mention that im the 2nd one on the right

Corp
October 31st, 2004, 08:53 PM
I just started playing it tonight seems like a cool game so far

Aussie OutKast is my name :P

ig.deviant
October 31st, 2004, 11:40 PM
you guys waited a little too late to start playing now lol...the free testing stage is over at 1 a.m. central time

NoXiOuS
November 1st, 2004, 01:11 AM
it;s over now.
i made lvl 18!

ig.deviant
November 1st, 2004, 02:22 AM
was halfway to 20...ss of me,friend, and 2 henchmen pwning one of the bosses from mission 1

ig.deviant
November 1st, 2004, 02:27 AM
ooo lala...this girl has a nice behind :D

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 1st, 2004, 04:29 AM
MESMERS PWN YOU!!!
I can't wait for this game to come out. Deviant I made a mesmer primary and ele 2ndary and I only needed about 3-4 guys for missions. They have dot spells that rock

aCiD
November 1st, 2004, 05:44 AM
ima start playing once my new puter gets all its parts.. lol.. if they dont send me any more DOA's w00t.. it was neat for like the 15secs i played it lol.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 1st, 2004, 07:38 AM
lol I think you will like it.. all of us need to start out own guild or "clan". We could be uber buffness and own guildwars lol. We all just need to be diff paths, or not too many of the same path. Anyway the graphics are sweet, spells are sweet, and character modles are awesome.. this is a def game i'ma play when it comes out

ig.deviant
November 1st, 2004, 10:39 AM
the guild missions are fun...they got vip and castle siege. fun stuff man but as for me im still gonna be warrior/monk but dont expect heals from me lol. tough enough to keep myself alive im only good for resurrections afterwards

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 1st, 2004, 12:15 PM
you better heal me nub, wait thats ok.. i can draw hp from the mobs, and from my own mana.. MESERS rules!@!!@#@ lol.. My bro is a monk/war and we can duo pretty easy.. lol we would start the mission, get some good exp, exit and do it agian just to level up, and get some good items.. me <3's my 19+ to energy sheild

ig.deviant
November 1st, 2004, 03:14 PM
the game isnt about lvling you nub lol. thats what guildwars was tryin to get away from because in everquest and like daoc its really based on levels and only reason i do missions over and over so that i can get crafting materials to get armor

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 1st, 2004, 03:19 PM
lvl = better skill.. better skill = stronger pvp = guilds starting = what they wanna get out of the game also.. so you can kiss my rear end cause I also said I get items for money, to buy items, to craft.. so again.. kiss my white butt
:p::p::p:

SweetGirL
November 1st, 2004, 03:39 PM
Oh, I had a great time last night playing the game! They even had to KICK OUR ARSES OUTTA THE GAME! ROFL Thanks for a good time CajunWife, Cajun, Mav, Pete, Infection, Noxious, and even you Draxxy .... you gave your life to heal me several times last night... you little sweety. :ldm Pete wants to pre-order the game....anyone else serious about getting it? I don't really want to play it unless some of you guys (and gals) are going to be there too.

ig.deviant
November 1st, 2004, 03:51 PM
yea im gonna get it...i sent you a pm last nite sweet but obviously it got ignored lol and eob stop smoking weed...when i make my leet character we'll duel and see whats better MUAHAHAHAHA

SweetGirL
November 1st, 2004, 05:15 PM
yea im gonna get it...i sent you a pm last nite sweet but obviously it got ignored lol ...

Wow...I just checked that PM list thingy, and it doesn't show that you sent me one. Are you sure it was to me? My box isn't full either, so I don't know what happened. Sorry - I just didn't receive it. It would have been fun to have ya join us!

ig.deviant
November 1st, 2004, 05:18 PM
lol i meant in the game...i was playing under Miss Silliness. Cajunwife was sending me whispers last nite of who all was playing

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 1st, 2004, 06:56 PM
yea deviant wishes he was a girl irl, so he had to make a girl character.. sick huh?? btw We can duel ya nub.. just make sure you don't cast spells or melee me at all, cause of the deflective hp cloud... anyway i'm DEF getting this game, looks sweet, gmae play is nice, and the fact I never played an rpg with a lot of ppl like this.. like I said when it comes out, we can make team speak server, that way we all connect and see whats up...

pc me wobe u deviant

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 1st, 2004, 07:40 PM
well i doubt ill get it

after playing other role playing games.. this one was pretty weak on choices

5 characters is all you can have.. and everyone get a subcharacter of the same 5 choices. they need more differences in characters and aspects. like physical attibutes. also.. you only raise your skills you use. so what constitutes to defense? where is the number for blocking magic? a 5th lvl could tag a 20th lvl.. which is retarded

the spells was weak. not enough of them.
but i did like how you didnt have to buy components and all kind of crap, just to cast something.

animations was weak. i know it was testing phase.. but you cant have jump back lag from going around a corner. you got to handle that from the start. that shouldnt have even been in the testing stage.

the towns were to massive. 45 districts per town? which means you'll only be able to trade an item after you find some forum in which EVERY player (or good players) go to.. just to trade something. because 45 = a lot of possibilities.

the way they run missions is about the only thing i liked. you ran a whole map on your own. not a lot of noobs or either extremely high lvl's around you, running it at the same time.

models was nice. but lets be real.. unless you got a godly computer.. everyone is going to lower their graphics to get the most they can into speed. being killed because the other person was faster is just retarded. and if you run around with full graphics to the max.. you are an idiot.

the only real thing that would make me buy this game is the fact that there is no monthly fee. you cant beat that for a role playing game. but then agian.. did they say they were going to update new missions and stuff monthly? or is it going to be something where you have to buy an expansion pack every month just to keep playing new stuff.. because you've maxed out lvl and did all the missions. seems kinda hard to believe they are going to update new stuff without you paying for it. so i would hope that the first initial product is pretty huge. ex. lvl 50 cap, 4000 missions, etc etc

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 1st, 2004, 07:44 PM
the guild wars WAS fun last night. we was owning noobs left and right making our guild fame go up by the minute. lol

20th lvl's aint got nothing on our strats. haha

camping foo's

if we would have had two others instead of bots.. we would have just ran the wars. and most of all of us didnt even have good items (or i didnt). the best thing i had was a +6 energy rod with the armor that i started with... LOL.. owned.

ig.deviant
November 1st, 2004, 08:03 PM
eob just wants to get some booty in that game, no offense lauren haha. stop hating

aCiD
November 1st, 2004, 08:05 PM
well im going to get it as soon as i get muh new puter :(

SweetGirL
November 1st, 2004, 08:14 PM
InfectioN']the guild wars WAS fun last night. we was owning noobs left and right making our guild fame go up by the minute. lol

20th lvl's aint got nothing on our strats. haha

camping foo's

if we would have had two others instead of bots.. we would have just ran the wars. and most of all of us didnt even have good items (or i didnt). the best thing i had was a +6 energy rod with the armor that i started with... LOL.. owned.

LMAO! Amen on that Infection! We were either annoying our appointments (i.e. "who's got the flag?" "what do we DO with the damn flag?!" lol "how we open that gate??" "they won't let us in!!" etc), or we were boring them to death with our tactics. ROFL I was laughing so hard last night!! You were pretty good at the game, and you are a really good strategist.....I enjoyed you calling some of the shots and helping us through those last few battles. I think I should make us all some little shirts - like a bowling team (LMAO) - so we can all wear it on nights we play. haha Cajun said he got a copy today for 5 bucks, but I can't remember where he said he bought it (Cajun - tell me again). We're gonna get our copy just to hang out with you boons. BTW, my chick character was tall, built, and tan.................like me. LOL pfft You see the legs on Cajun and Mav's character??!! *whistles* ROFL

SweetGirL
November 1st, 2004, 08:17 PM
lol i meant in the game...i was playing under Miss Silliness. Cajunwife was sending me whispers last nite of who all was playing

WTF .. MISS SILLINESS?? ROFLMAO!! That's cute! I was SweetMamma, as you know! haha I couldn't read all that crap popping up last night...."pick up this; bones saved for you; knife saved for so-and-so; can't pick up this, not yours", etc. Plus, I had Drax to harrass on teamspeak......I couldn't disappoint. LOLOLOLOL

Cajunwife
November 1st, 2004, 10:30 PM
Yes we had a blast. I cant wait to play Saturday. Woohoo!!! Bad thing is that its is adicting. lol

SweetGirL
November 2nd, 2004, 02:04 PM
Just got back from Best Buy. Pete bought us both a copy of the game. If you buy it from BB, your character gets a shield. I was hoping for thigh-high boots personally, but, meh, I'll settle for a shield. lol

ig.deviant
November 2nd, 2004, 02:40 PM
...........um thats leet? lol would be better if they gave you uber crafting items but unfortunately i cant play it this weekend becuz im gonna be in new orleans

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 2nd, 2004, 02:43 PM
wtf?

this is already out?

and how much? at BB?

Cajunwife
November 2nd, 2004, 03:57 PM
Not yet but this is what most of us are getting now so we can test it out when they have events. http://guildwars.com/preorder.html Also the $5 or $10 you spend on this goes towards the game when it does come out.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 2nd, 2004, 04:13 PM
bah, i have to work on weekends.. no good for me

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 2nd, 2004, 04:46 PM
sucker!!! i'ma go get mine if gamestop has it.. 5-10$ is just the reserve price.. At least we can play 1ce a month until it comes out.. also cool part is you can get the name you really want, before anyone else does.. to me, name means a lot.. hard to be RPish with xxzxzGOKuzxBallZxZxz as you can see in a lot of rpg games lol

SweetGirL
November 2nd, 2004, 05:36 PM
Pete tells me that "SweetGirL" doesn't fit this role playing game motto. ROFL So, I came up with "Mystical Sweetness"........I gotta keep "Sweet" in ma name, so you foos know it's me!! ahahaha!! Oh, well, I don't give a rat's arse about the name actually.......I just want to accessorize my character.....shiny helmet and kevlar, shield with a few jewels, etc (*giggles). I was into the whole Dungeon Seige and Diablo games....hope this one is as good. Since we are all hanging together, I think it was Mav or Cajun that was talking about our little "clan"......what name we using, so we can all find each other?

CajunTech
November 2nd, 2004, 05:51 PM
Yeah pretty cool if everyone keeps part of thier name in thier main character and we form an LA MERC guild within the game. I did the Saints uniforms just cause I saw the symbol and was in a hurry to start a guild.

It's pretty sweet that you can see when friends/guildmates are online and send guild messages and such. This weekend I plan on playing and forming a guild again. Easier to keep in contact with everyone and makes for fun guild battles.

CajunTech
November 2nd, 2004, 06:10 PM
Just for you sweets... Some character pics. I tried to grab the best ones.

http://img78.exs.cx/img78/246/gw002.jpg

http://168.144.176.209/images/ine-front.jpg

http://168.144.176.209/images/ine-close.jpg

http://img74.exs.cx/img74/1103/gw232.jpg

http://www.silvite.com/crap/GW/GW4.jpg

http://synapse.theuhrs.com/gw0001.jpg

http://koti.mbnet.fi/mayhemz/images/gw/wpe/wpe_rotscale.jpg

http://www.frag-ops.com/images/wpe1.jpg

http://www.pgclan.net/modules/gallery/gallery/Prodigy/WPA_gw_36.jpg

Swedish
November 3rd, 2004, 12:17 AM
i kinda want to play this and give the real game a shot, but i think im going to save my money for halo 2. since there is no monthly fee and im and online games are like crack to me, im sure ill be in there sooner or later.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 3rd, 2004, 12:52 AM
so which girl do you wish you look like sweets........ LOL

eob.. you want a name first? and the other day... VASH is what you come up with?

wtf... no one will choose that name.. you are safe... rofl

long names is what i hated about role playing games

i just went with Infection whenever i played others

when you have to type to someone and you have to type all the crap in.. it gets old say to: thunder crusher of the rock mountain, 'whats up'

bah, just go with bob. its a game, not a life.. like some people make it. its also guild wars.. its based on PvP.. not just role playing in general. you need a name that people are going to go.. jeez.. dont mess with that guy.

i remember the best that played Asheron's call. Zen, Massive, Cryptic, Arcilite, Automatik. those were the real players... everyone else with 2 worded names were just more lag you had to put up with in towns that spammed items.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 3rd, 2004, 07:50 AM
i think infections needs a hug.. 1st he hates the game, then he loves it, then he bashes the players who loves it, then he wants to be part of the guild, doesn't want to buy cause of his pc, buy going to anyway, can care less about his name, but he doesn't want to type out our names... its okay man, we understand :) BTW the 1st and last name deal is awesome. Try playing a rpg game with over 5k people per server and only using a 1st name. You spend 30mins trying to pick a name thats not in use. At least this way you can have the 1st name you want, and last name with it. I think its a great idea.

Corp
November 3rd, 2004, 09:23 AM
Hey Cajun what will the guild name be this weekend .. do u think we can think we will get the merc name going or go with saints again?

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 3rd, 2004, 09:31 AM
asheron's call only had 4 servers.. lol

there were 6k on each server easy

friends i had that had a long name.. i would end up not talking to them till they talked to me sometimes.. just because they had to long of a name.

but with 3rd party voice programs.. it is easy to communicate between people now. i think thats why we was owning those guilds the other night

SnAkEbItE
November 3rd, 2004, 11:56 AM
How are you still playing when it's been disabled? I have prebought the game but it's not set to release untill Feb

Daedelus
November 3rd, 2004, 11:57 AM
hey can you still DL the client for this and how?. i saw where it said each person that pre-orders can invite a friend fo a day? on this week end. if some one has an invite for this ill be a freind hehe.

so my question is how to dl it and if some one will send me invite thingy...

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 3rd, 2004, 12:44 PM
i think if you go and preorder the game from gamestop ect. they give you the cd beta to install, thus u can play on the beta tester weekends plus you get to pick your name and all that stuff. If you order online, I think they send you the beta cd, and when it comes out they send you full version.. only a guess, but thats how they did wil lineage 2 and few others.. anywho i'ma get my copy tonight, and maybe we can play this weekend weee!!

Seductive
November 3rd, 2004, 12:47 PM
Isn't it cute how excited he is? I give it a week and he'll be sick of it and back on CS. But that's just a guess ;)

CajunTech
November 3rd, 2004, 01:25 PM
EOB - Unfortunately the CD in the preorder package has the same client you can download from the website. I think the only thing it has that isn't on the website is some crappy music.

Me and the wife have friend passes (2 of them) for anyone that would like to try it. They are only good for one weekend, so pick a weekend you can play. The game is only playable on the first weekend of each month until release in Feb. The only way you can play on these weekends is to preorder or use a friend code.

3rd party voice programs will help with PvP in any online game. Did you notice how easy it was for us to call targets and the first two guilds we fought were just randomly picking people. The last guild we fought (the 20th level guys) probably had a voice program or just typed real fast cause they were doing a good job of focusing on targets. We still won :)

Outkast - Starting a guild costs 50 gold. I did like the Saints thing and thought about using it through Beta, but doesn't matter to me. I only went with the Saints cause was ina rush and saw the emblem. I plan on working my butt off this week so I can pretty much play all weekend. I'll play a different class each weekend until release so I can pick my favorite playstyle.

Just out of curiosity who's planning on playing this weekend that would be interested in getting together in game for some leveling and guild battles? Will definately try to do all the misions this time.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 3rd, 2004, 01:31 PM
I am all about this weekend my friend.. I still wish to find the path best fit for myself.. the mesmer/ele seems good for 1 vs 1, but maybe the necro has some hidden powers I have not seen yet thehe.. anyway I'll def be playing this weekend with you. Just give me the team speak info, and i'm there.. hey I wonder if they will make us start off at level 1 instead of jumping to 15? That would be quite interesting hehe

CajunTech
November 3rd, 2004, 01:41 PM
I think I read that the level 15 thing is just for the Beta to give you a midrange idea of the game. Of course I remember seeing that, but can't remember where (maybe I'm just dreaming about the damn game hehe).

We use the MERC TeamSpeak server. If we start bothering others in there we can always jump to the MISC channel. We had 6-8 people in there for the most part. I know we had 6 of us playing and on TeamSpeak when the game dropped Monday morning (2AM CST?). Damn addictive games....

Daedelus
November 3rd, 2004, 01:46 PM
id dint see a lnik to DL the client on the web site did i miss it? or where is it located.
And yes could i get on with a friend Key,iam off all day today to dl the client. and can play this weekend i think. so iam game if you guys are going to play.

CajunTech
November 3rd, 2004, 02:13 PM
http://www.guildwars.com/downloads/GwSetup.zip

Thats the client. I can PM you a friend code or give it to you on the Teamspeak server.

The client is only a couple of MBs. It's pretty cool. It streams in new areas as you go to them. Typical time to get a new area is all of 10-30 seconds.

All the areas I went to and the client download/install might have taken me a total of 3-5 minutes for 2 days of playing.

For this weekend:

******The Beta Weekend Event will begin at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Saturday morning, and will end at Midnight Pacific on Sunday night. Input the key code as instructed when the event is live.******

CajunTech
November 3rd, 2004, 02:24 PM
This makes it easier this weekend..

*****For the first Beta Weekend Event, which begins November 6th, your World Preview Event characters will be intact, with their names, levels, and items in place. At some point in the future there will be a character wipe, resetting each character to Level 1. At that time, providing you have been a Beta Weekend Event participant, your character names will be preserved for you into release of Guild Wars.*****

So those of us that played last weekend will still have our characters. This will make it a lot easier to run new players through the missions.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 3rd, 2004, 03:28 PM
thats all i played was the necro

i had one good spell that did around 30 to 40 a shot. the rest of the necro's spells was all about taking your life and damaging the opponent. which was weak to me.. its a trade off... so you would basically only use it when you had high health and he had low health.

necro needs more attack spells than just the swarm of bees. the lvl 15 conjurs was cool.. just took to long to raise them each.. because each second goes by.. the conjur is loosing health, and thats only after a dead body is laying on the ground.

ig.deviant
November 3rd, 2004, 03:42 PM
i might be playing this weekend...unsure as of now because im going to new orleans to visit my girlfriend but maybe i can play on her pc. also for you guys who didnt know but if you go northwest outside of town(into the explorable area) theres a town you can buy a new set of skills at

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 3rd, 2004, 03:49 PM
yea, the mobs there seem to trop some nice items.. there is also a chest in thath level that drops +energy items from time to time. And the exp is about the same as the mission exp. Hey maybe necro and monk might be good combo.. you can heal your dmg u take castin spells... hmmm

CajunTech
November 3rd, 2004, 04:22 PM
Reading that lil preorder book actually made a lil sense. Necro is good target caller. Can debuff, damage, and slowdown the target while others gang up on it.

My character was a warrior/elementalist. High Strength/Swords/Fire Magic.. Very nice in PvP/PvM due to high damage output. Good to have a sword with conjure flame (+9 flame damage per swing), that parry ability that gives 5 energy everytime I parry, fire storm dealing 15 damage per second for 11 seconds and inferno doing 50 dmg to anything meleeing me. Definately needed a healer tho...

There was one bug tho.. Everytime I casted conjure flame (60 seconds) it dispeled Drax's mending spell. :(

SweetGirL
November 3rd, 2004, 05:44 PM
I plan on playing this weekend. Pete may have to work, but who cares! I'LL be there! lol jk Thanks for the pics, Cajun!!! I usually like the Barbarian character, because I like fighting with a sword or ax. Not sure which character I will use though. Hope we have plenty of healers there .... I tend to die alot. lol

I think it's cool that we're all gonna try to get together to play this! Make sure everyone has TeamSpeak downloaded. I'm still gonna have think on which character and which name to use.

Daed/Pappa - I haven't invited anyone....just like Cajun, we'll do whatever we can to make sure all us buddies get to play. :)

ig.deviant
November 3rd, 2004, 06:40 PM
for solo missions i would go with the combo warrior/monk but pvp id do the same combo as cajun warrior/elementalist because if you have another elementalist in the group you have a crapload of aoe spells goin off. necro are really really good on debuffs also they have raise dead which is good for meatshield or just extra damage but its also good to have a mesmer in the group because they have some spells that drain your life really fast in my experience of fighting mesmer based mobs in missions

Sergei Criffnoobsky
November 3rd, 2004, 07:11 PM
Ima get the game when it's out :D

CajunTech
November 3rd, 2004, 07:13 PM
boonerific :p

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 3rd, 2004, 08:33 PM
mesmer has a kick arse dot (dmg over time) smell and after its over does some heave dmg.. i cast 3 dots and melee mobs, and mp regains fast.. you may not see my doin much, but just watch that red bar go down baby :p

[uGa] Saint
November 3rd, 2004, 08:36 PM
mesmer has a kick arse dot (dmg over time) smell and after its over does some heave dmg.. i cast 3 dots and melee mobs, and mp regains fast.. you may not see my doin much, but just watch that red bar go down baby :p

i think i understood some of this... wait... nope, i have no idea wtf you just said.

[uGa] Saint
November 3rd, 2004, 09:01 PM
btw... i luv u eob :D:D

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 3rd, 2004, 09:45 PM
actually.. think about it. warrior/monk is stupid

you get warrior/necro

defuff's necro has is all for warriors

debuff physical with necro then run in and own

once you are in the battle.. the heal the monk has is the weakest ive seen. you get 24 hp from the best heal spell

with necro.. IF there is a body laying around.. you can cast a spell and get 114 hp off of it

if i played.. i'd try the warrior/necro. debuff all i can.. then run in and slay. you wouldnt need energy after you debuff anyway. the debuff last 30 seconds. necro also has a spell that renders the victim to where he/she cant attack you.. until you attack. so you debuff.. then render them... then run to them and get the first hit (that would be usefull for you playing again a mage that has a range on you from the start)

NoXiOuS
November 4th, 2004, 05:20 AM
i played a Monk/Elementalist....THe heals for the monk, and a nuke every now and then for the ele, it was a fun combo. but i liked my ranger.
the models own in this game, especially the necro.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 4th, 2004, 06:25 AM
war/monk is bad combo? odd that seemed to be popular.. btw monk had a 40hp "others heal". The self heal was the 24 hp, but with other monks in grp with the 40 it was fine. Monks have some sweet spells, i'd prob go monk/war instead if had too. But i'm into massive dmg with spells, not melee. i agree with you noxious, nercos looked awesome.. wish the mesmers looked a little more evil, and lil less pansy like..

CajunTech
November 4th, 2004, 06:42 AM
Yep I saw a lot of warrior monks running around and was told they were one of the best in the game, especially for soloing missions. I'm definately making a monk primary character at one point. Nothing like an aggravating healer for PvP....

CajunTech
November 4th, 2004, 11:21 PM
14 more hours..

:p

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 4th, 2004, 11:24 PM
so how many people have a copy?

SweetGirL
November 5th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Pete and I have copies; Pfhor will be coming to play too, I think. I trying to talk Swed into going to get it.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 5th, 2004, 01:25 PM
did it start today?

are you guys playing?

Cajunwife
November 5th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Starts at 2am CST Saturday.

Daedelus
November 6th, 2004, 08:04 PM
i still need a copy ive been listening in on team speak but cant talk and and cant play with out key

Daedelus
November 7th, 2004, 12:25 PM
hey did Uther get his copy at the store and does he have a free pass?

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==