PDA

View Full Version : Nickleback opens for a death metal band...

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 17th, 2004, 05:56 AM
CFH...I thought you might like this one.

It's in Portugal and they were opening for some death metal band...the rest is history...

http://mirrored.serverseed.com/nickelback.mpg

SnAkEbItE
October 17th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Well that was allful nice of them.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
October 18th, 2004, 08:35 AM
The link is borked. I read the title and went. "Ooo, that CAN'T be good."

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 18th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Crap...

Well, here's the story then. They were in the process of singing one of the songs, and someone from the crowd threw a beer bottle. Then, a bunch of people started throwing sutff and they quit playing and asked "Is anyone here a Nickleback fan?" Apparently, someone else threw something at that point that came close to hitting the lead singer and he turned around and walked off. The drummer flipped off the cround and walked off too.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
October 18th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Who were they opening for??? How long ago did this happen? Nickelback is a headliner now so I'm wondering when this was. If it were recent, there isn't too many bands in Death Metal what would rate a band of Nickelbacks caliber opening for them.

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 18th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Don't know. The video only showed them playing, then getting pissed and leaving. I'll see if I can find it again for ya.

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 18th, 2004, 06:03 PM
It's too bad Nickelback's huge success hasn't carried over to Portugal.

The Vancouver-based rockers quit two songs into their set at a music festival in Portugal on Monday (Aug. 19) after being pelted by rocks and bottles.

Video footage from Portuguese television shows frontman Chad Kroeger being showered by a water bottle, and immediately asking the crowd afterwards: "Are there any Nickelback fans in Portugal?"

After the audience lets out a dull roar, Kroeger asks "Are you sure?"

"It's up to you, do you want to hear some rock n' roll or do you want to go home?"

The response was a rock thrown into the back of Kroeger's head. The band left the stage, but not before Kroeger and drummer Ryan Vikedal gave the middle finger salute to the crowd. Kroeger appeared to be unhurt from the incident.

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/229/ for the video. So, the source I was getting my info from was wrong (big surprise there).

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 18th, 2004, 06:09 PM
wow...http://www.compfused.com/directlink/212/

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
October 18th, 2004, 06:41 PM
that kid could be BAD ASS if he just slowed down and PLAYED instead of trying to shred and ham it up.

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 18th, 2004, 07:01 PM
I know...he missed a bunch of notes because he was going so fast (nerves?)...but dang...he could play

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 18th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Give him a year or 2 if partying dont get him first, he will be bad

LA_MERC_JESTER
October 18th, 2004, 11:23 PM
well the question is can he name one note that he hit playing anyone that because he seemed pretty damn choppy to me, but what the hell he is 8 I could barely wipe my ass at 8

LA_MERC_Shadow
October 19th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Yeah, would've been better if he played instead of hamming it up. But still awesome.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==