PDA

View Full Version : 40K

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 5th, 2004, 11:43 AM
If anyone would like to play this via direct connect, please get on teamspeak and let me know. This game is getting addictive. I forgot how much I live RTS's.

LA_MERC_Dirge
October 5th, 2004, 12:23 PM
dang and I thought this was going to be some investment advice!

LA_MERC_Onji
October 5th, 2004, 01:48 PM
andy have you gone through any of the single player campaigns yet? I try to play one mission a night, and its getting freakin tough, each one takes about 2hrs now. Whats cool about it is, as you go they give you more options in building. Its much better than them just giving you everything all at once and overwhelming you.

ALSO i read somewhere how to make it where more than just 2 people can play with our 'backup' copies :)

SgtJeff
October 5th, 2004, 02:18 PM
what is it?? How I get it? I d

SgtJeff
what is it?? How I get it? I dont

SgtJeff
what is it?? How I get it? I dont see a

SgtJeff
what is it?? How I get it? I dont see a link

SgtJeff
October 5th, 2004, 02:20 PM
wtf...how did that happen...LOL...notice the post count didn't change...hmm

LA_MERC_Onji
October 5th, 2004, 02:20 PM
wow! now thats a crazy post! hehe, jeff check the private forums, top thread

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 5th, 2004, 02:21 PM
lmao...Sgt...you spammer!!!

LA_MERC_Shadow
October 5th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Andy, What is kind of game is it and entail?

LA_MERC_Onji
October 5th, 2004, 05:46 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/wh40kdawnofwar/review.html

LA_MERC_Shadow
October 5th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Thanks, Onji

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 6th, 2004, 10:06 PM
Very Sweet Real Time Strategy Game about the WarHammer 40,000k Dice game (Space Marines). Onji, Diesel, and I just got done playing 3 of us against 3 standard comps and got our asses handed to us. Here is a pic of the final moments as I was the last to go. These are 2 Blood Thirsters tearing up the few buildings remaining in my retreat base. Woot.

LA_MERC_Drax
October 13th, 2004, 08:44 AM
I need to hop in with yall sometime, i can usuallly handle 2 comps to myself with eldar. Those fire prism tanks rock, o yea, the AoW handles the crap outa of the bloodthristers

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 13th, 2004, 12:08 PM
s that the eldar deamon?
he is bad arse!
get on teamspeak Drax.

LA_MERC_Drax
October 14th, 2004, 06:07 PM
I'm on right now, someone else get on damnit!

LA_MERC_Onji
October 15th, 2004, 07:35 AM
sorry, last night was survivor/apprentice night for me :(

CajunTech
October 15th, 2004, 04:50 PM
I'll play anytime. Don't have team speak on my laptop, but gimme a time and IP and I'll connect.

Daedelus
October 15th, 2004, 05:05 PM
oh ill have to get this i used to love playing with the minatures at this place they had
one of those workshop plces and had tons of minuature and trees and building to put down on a pool table sixe table it was a blast.and i still got the old pc game they tryed with this like 4-5 years ago. hey do you get to buy your teams with points?
and do they have the titans i used to love those with the vortex(black hole)missles.?

LA_MERC_Drax
October 15th, 2004, 07:24 PM
daed, the titans and vortex missles were in epic 40k, really small minitures, regular 40 had about 1 inch tall minitures. Its played like C&C, cept theres tracing down resources, control strategic points, get one type of resource, build plasma generators, get the other resource. I like it alot. Also, i think i've been converted to choas lol

LA_MERC_Drax
October 16th, 2004, 02:45 PM
someone get on TS now and play with me ... :(

CajunTech
October 16th, 2004, 07:09 PM
No team speak. Hit me on yahoo at ledet24 and I'll play.

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 17th, 2004, 08:00 AM
cannot communicate if you do not have teamspeak....just go d/l Teamspeak its a sticky on the private forums....

Daedelus
October 18th, 2004, 10:51 AM
oh can wait to get this one but will have to wait till nov to get it booo.

SnAkEbItE
October 18th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Well I played the demo of this and it's quite a nice little game, I will have to wait a bit to buy it though I just got BattleFront.

LA_MERC_Drax
October 27th, 2004, 12:48 PM
I was playing a hard comp 1v1 with eldar, and i realized how awesome that farseer can be. The upgraded ability, eldritch storm, rips buildings to pieces. Its crazy, i took out like 4 of his buildings with one cast of that.

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 27th, 2004, 01:04 PM
yeah if you can survive early on, it is the eldar are great, althought the orbital strike from the Space Marine Force Commander will destroy whatever gets in its way as well.
Hopefully as we play people like you that have experience with the other races can teach others how to play with them.
btw teach CT first since he plays with them and is always in retreat mode :p:

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 28th, 2004, 11:51 AM
yeah Cajun should just forgoe building where he starts and send his fisrt bone singer guy to one of our bases so we can protect him while he upgrades. Lol, Drax played really well with the Eldar last night so they may not be as weak as we think but we'll see once we play some human against human players. that's whent the real fun starts.

Daedelus
November 14th, 2004, 07:16 PM
ok i sent the wife out to get this for me. so i should load it and be on later tonight.hope to see you guys on. ill go to the team speak server but i cant talk. mic broken.

Daedelus
November 14th, 2004, 09:57 PM
ok having problems installing this if you guys can help. i dont like how the put the cd key in behind the 3rd disk i am used to finding them on the out side.
My problem is when i try to put in my code it has both smaller letters and Capitals in it. but when i try it they all come out CAPS. and no the caps lock is not on HeHe.
i thought it was akeyboard problem but i can see that is not the case. it just gives me the invalid key error. i have read the tech. support and it just says make sure you are carfull blah... i even sent in a error report this to them,so i might get a responce.
any help from you guys would be appreciated thanks. and hope to see you in game.

Daedelus
November 15th, 2004, 09:22 PM
aww still no responce. i got e-mail from support syaing ill be contacted in 2-3 days. boo i whant to play now. hehe

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 15th, 2004, 10:37 PM
:confused:...I have no idea what the prob is???

Daedelus
November 16th, 2004, 09:16 PM
ok got it fixed i took the game back last night and exchanged it i got e-mail back from support and they said i probably transpired a o (oh)for a 0 (zero) witch is probably soo i feel so dumb lol. but no worries i played last night i love it cant wait to play with you guys i got all day wen off to play. so hope to see you guys on then.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 29th, 2004, 11:53 AM
I love playing this game. I'm on just about every night around 9 to 11 so get on teamspeak and we'll definately play.

Daedelus
November 29th, 2004, 10:11 PM
ok ill look for you i play just about every night in some comp stomps.
i was very displeased when i finished the space marine campain to see that there was NO orc/eldar/chaos champaign i was so accustome to this in warcraft etc. that this was a big let down having to play multi player and skirmish mode to figure out what the diffrent units do. still have really figured out the eldar yet but always end up researching everything aloud and smashing with the Avatar hes great.

Daedelus
December 27th, 2004, 12:19 PM
ok not sure if anyone still playing this but i found a DL sight to get goodies for this game it is: www.dowfiles.com i whent on there and got a few new maps and dl'ed the demon hunters unit/group a chapter of the space marines.it wont give you new campaign but it has new units and new commander unit for skirmish play. but it has to be started as it own program cant run it from with-in regular dow. i did get new banners and badges thing to it gives you modern day unit badges like navy seals and marine corps logo along with air calvery etc. looks nice. ok ill let you know if i find any other goodies.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
December 27th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Woot! I am looking at it now.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==