PDA

View Full Version : Tabbed Browsing...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
September 27th, 2004, 11:08 PM
In times past, I have "played" around w/ various browsers, but pretty much, if I was in Windows, I was using IE - even when I was running Linux/Mac/Unix and using Mozilla/Netscape/Safari/Opera, or even the times I played w/ them on Windows, I never really used the "Tabbed" browsing feature.

I've ALWAYS been a "open in new window" kinda guy - no matter what browser I use - especially when in a search engine, or a site I'm unfamilliar w/ and want to get back where I was quickly and easily. Anyway - recently I downloaded Mozilla Firefox PR1, and I will NEVER be able to go back to a browser that DOESN'T have Tabbed browsing...I'm so used to 'middle-clicking' everything now, I'm a total clutz on IE!

Just thought I'd share my random ramble of the night...

j.

Swedish
September 27th, 2004, 11:55 PM
I have never been so confused in my life.

Slayer
September 28th, 2004, 12:09 AM
Yeah, we got FireFox too. It seems to block more pop-ups.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
September 28th, 2004, 12:29 AM
']I have never been so confused in my life.

NUB!

And - yeah, Firefox does a great job blocking pop-ups, although the IE update in SP2 seems to do a pretty good job as well - gotta give MS SOME credit - although, as of now, I think they need to incorporate tabbed browsing as well - I have now tasted the forbidden fruit and will not be able to go back until IE has it!

LA_MERC_Sabre
September 28th, 2004, 07:14 AM
It is very difficult for me to change anything on my pc because my wife pitches a fit whenever something is different....lol....she has a hard time with figuring out the difference between Outlook and Outlook express........

LA_MERC_Spark
September 28th, 2004, 08:19 AM
yeah the tabbed browsing feature is the main reason i use firefox... I do wish i could get my media player plugin to work right with it!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==