PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3 Screenshots!

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 4th, 2004, 08:46 PM
I won't explain what these things are...I'll just pst them and let you draw your own conclusions.

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 4th, 2004, 08:48 PM
I will say this...there were many a choice word spoken as I was taking the third one shown up there...

Several times, something bad will happen, and I would be like, "OMG! Did you freakin SEE that?!?!" and I would turn around...and it would dawn on me then that I was alone. doh!

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 4th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Spider guys and Imps...a cool room

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 4th, 2004, 09:29 PM
HUMMM... One Day Soon :devil

Silent_Killer
August 5th, 2004, 10:32 AM
I WANT THE FREAKIN GAME!

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
August 5th, 2004, 11:06 AM
jeez

when do you hit the part where you dont have to use a flashlight... lol

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 5th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Um...you're outside on the surface for about 5 seconds...does that count?

JUNKY
August 5th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Here's a link to a 53 mb short video capture of a buddy playing it....

I like the having to fire blind in the dark feature.....the same word keeps popping up -- creepy. AvP2 did the same thing to me at times.

53 meg Doom3 video file (http://www.lamerc.com/uploads/doom3.avi)
right-Click --- Save As. Don't try streaming it.

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 5th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Ok...after much screaming and yelling like a little girl...I finally killed this spider chick. I went from 100 health to 5 health in a matter of 10 seconds. I would say, "Aim for her head if you want to bring her down quick", but I might as well say "RUN FOR YER LIFE!!!" Freaky...

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 5th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Better screenshots...just to show details and stuff...

LA_MERC_Spark
August 5th, 2004, 04:41 PM
OMG!!! Scared! I've been playing for the past couple hours, and I can't stop! lol! I almost p00ped myself several times!!!

LA_MERC_Nutria
August 5th, 2004, 05:27 PM
Man you guys should post this thread with a diaper warning. Awesome stuff.

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 5th, 2004, 07:07 PM
I forgot to say this...the video Junky posted is less than 10 minutes into the game...and it only gets worse from there!

Junky, do you know what program was used to capture that video? I'm interested in making some movies like that! Especially of the spider chick (I saved the game right before I entered the room she is in).

LA_MERC_Onji
August 5th, 2004, 08:39 PM
omg man spoilers!!

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 5th, 2004, 08:39 PM
i don't think I am going to get this game for awhile.. I need to wait for my heath insurance to kick in before i give myself a heart attack.. dam good ss though

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 5th, 2004, 09:16 PM
More screens....awesome graphics, marines...badguys...oh my!

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 5th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Ok...remember the raspberry looking guy that was pink? I found him (I mean, he found me).
At first, I attacked him with the least effective weapon that I had...the flashlight. Unlike CS, he wasn't blinded, and he started chewing on my leg and head. I then pulled out a grenade, forgetting that they were contact grenades, and threw it at him point blank. Needless to say...we both died and my final health was -76

LA_MERC_Maverick
August 5th, 2004, 10:16 PM
LOL latech, great screenies, right now i just passed the communications stage and am working on the monorail skyrail...w00t! have put about 5 1/2 hours into it now, and still cant get enough

LA_MERC_MadMAX
August 5th, 2004, 10:21 PM
I miss broadband :(

Handamer
August 5th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Latech U were right I needed some depends...I have a big puddle now on the floor.../covers up with newspaper...oh yea and 6.1 surround sound....friggin sweet I keep looking over my shoulder for stuff that isn't there...woot.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 5th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Welcome to the forums, Will

JUNKY
August 5th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Tech, he made it using fraps ( http://www.fraps.com ) and I think he encoded it with DivX. Not 100% sure.

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 6th, 2004, 02:00 AM
rgr...thanks Junky.
Will, you need to introduce yourself in the main forum (Ops Center) so people know who you are, f00!

This game is like a drug...I can't get enough...

Omega_Prime
August 6th, 2004, 02:35 AM
yes i must say ive almost broke my pullout part of my pc desk due to playing this game. i swear right after the stuff starts at the start and that thing jumps out of the stairs i though i was gonna have a heartattack! not to mention all the rest of the crap that happens, just got it tonite and played for about 3 hours none stop! i cant wait to see what it looks like on my new geforce 6800 i have coming tommorrow! looks fine on my 5900 but has a few hiccups here and there.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 6th, 2004, 06:51 AM
you guys are going to get me all worked up about this game.. I'ma walk and move slowly the whole level preparing myself to get skeerd.. darn you!

IamTylerDurden
August 6th, 2004, 07:24 AM
YO YO YO!... working on the game now but my frame rate goes from 60 to 10 LOL... I know Im running an older ATI driver for my 9800 XT... anyone running close to my specs...

512 RAM
9800 XT
Athlong 2100+

If so Im curious was setting your using, what driver your using and how your frame rates are holding up!

Thanks!
Josh

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 6th, 2004, 07:33 AM
man, my comp keeps getting errors and doom3 crashes out. Any ideas? The lights jujst went out, and then it freezes up and wants to send an error report! Help?

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 6th, 2004, 07:35 AM
dirge, if you are running any sort of Daemon for cloning CD's...turn it off. Let me know if that works

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 6th, 2004, 08:15 AM
really? Even though I'm not using it for playing doom3?

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 6th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Yeah, there have been a bunch of people with that problem. CloneCD, Roxio etc....they cause a problem (maybe intentional?). If that doesn't work, I'll read through some other forums and give you some other ideas.

IamTylerDurden
August 6th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Yea... with the cloneCD/Alcohol 120% thing you get the message

Can't Find Disk 1:
CD/DVD Emulation software found. Please turn of CD/DVD emulation and restart the game.

or something like that... I got it, but I just uninstalled CloneCD and it worked fine, you can also play under a different login to bypass or just go through and turn off all the emulation options....

Also there is a tweak in your config that may cause you to crash... where exactly is it crashing at?

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 6th, 2004, 09:47 AM
random lock-up. The audio starts re-playing and the screen freezes. I'll try it with daemon tools not loaded tonight.

LA_MERC_Maverick
August 6th, 2004, 10:00 AM
dirge, what video card are you using? if using ATI, use the cat 4.5 drivers, the latest drivers apparently have problems. My bro M@l was using them and couldnt get 5 min into the game without it crashing, uninstalled drivers, installed 4.5 everything works great. As far as the emulation error, if you 'own' a copy of doom 3 you can legally use the cd crack available at gamecopyworld.com. I used it for M@l and it no longer gave him the error about unable to find disk.

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 6th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Do you have an ATI video card? If so, try the 4.6 Catalyst drivers and see if they work better.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 6th, 2004, 11:19 AM
They released ATI Catalyst 4.9 beta so that people could play Doom3. Apartently, the other versions had issues.

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4547.html

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 6th, 2004, 11:34 AM
I'm running with a geForce 4 ti 4200. Um yeah I "own" a copy, and I used the no cd crack that mysteriously came with my "copy"

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 6th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Well, there goes that idea...back to the drawing board!

Daedelus
August 6th, 2004, 03:23 PM
oh man i read this yesterday and had to run down and get a copy.I made the mistake of playing it late last night before bed time and freaked me out had a hrad time sleeping,so yeah had to take today off to play again (erm i meant rest) yeah thats the ticket.so far its a blast ive only died once in the begining when the crane thing dropped its load on my head.oh and that guy coming out of the stairs scare the bee-jeez ess out of me. First game in a long time has me yelling hey did you see that and other stuff and iam all alone. Good job guys at ID. maybe some day tyler will be scaring us with one of his games.

[uGa] Saint
August 6th, 2004, 03:48 PM
ahhhhhhhh, you guys suck... im gonna end up buying it this weekend when i was planning on waiting a long time so that i wouldnt have to pay as much... JERKS!!! but man am i excited...

Daedelus
August 6th, 2004, 07:08 PM
hey i like the part where this guy has a cabinant delived from www.martianbuddy.com and its a real web site with code for the door.

:whisperd:
0508 is the code. oh it gives you the chain gun early. oh and all the other stuff hidden in the email and audio clips thats nice.I had to log off long enough to tell you guys and get in some cs time tonight.

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 8th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Onji...boss spoilers!

Suntrails
August 9th, 2004, 09:26 AM
Ok, even I think the elephant guy is a little creepy.

LA_MERC_Maverick
August 9th, 2004, 10:33 AM
LOL latech, quit stealing my save points! thats exactly where i got to last night before bed......LMAO!

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 9th, 2004, 10:46 AM
I'm at Delta 2A now...looking for BFG...w00t!

IamTylerDurden
August 9th, 2004, 11:18 AM
maybe some day tyler will be scaring us with one of his games.

w00t!

[uGa] Saint
August 9th, 2004, 11:31 AM
YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME!!!! screw it... im buying it after work today...

Uther
August 9th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Game looks nice. I can see my daughter not bothering me at the computer if I play that.

IamTylerDurden
August 9th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Dirge.. is your graphics card overclocked by chance?

LA_MERC_Diesel
August 9th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Tyler is your 9800xt still giving you fits, I ran it on mine this weekend and it looked great?

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 10th, 2004, 06:23 AM
no overclocking for me, the only cooking smell i like involves seafood or meat! Doom3 hates me!

IamTylerDurden
August 10th, 2004, 08:12 AM
I played last night for the first time. It played great...
I got the new DOOM beta driver from ATI, that seemed to help, but I think more than anything I just have a SUCKY MB and my CPU isnt the most speedy either!

I did find a new tweak for ATI users though! This one is even approved by Carmack!
I'm going to give this a shot tonight when I get home!

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14874

Daedelus
August 12th, 2004, 10:06 AM
never have found the BFG early in the game a guy says hes got one locked in his locker but never found his locker? and for all the talking they do about the soul cube being such a great weapon when do you get it? iam in delta labs after the giant rocket arm guys am i close. i would like to think i have found all hidden doors etc.
so far my favorite weapon is the chainsaw it works wonders on the flying guys to just kneel down and wait for them to run into the blade,takes them out quick.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
September 3rd, 2004, 05:36 PM

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
September 3rd, 2004, 05:39 PM

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
September 3rd, 2004, 06:00 PM

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==