PDA

View Full Version : This years Dream Team?

LA_MERC_Nutria
August 4th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Dream Team in a nightmare?
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer04/basketball/news/story?id=1852137

I don't really watch basketball but thought this was interesting.

Swedish
August 9th, 2004, 02:47 AM
Iverson shouldnt be on the team, let alone team leader. how could you let someone like that wear "Team USA". hes a good player but not a good person. Did you hear about him getting suspended? How can you say your a team leader and get suspended? hes a joke. the rest of the team is great though. i really dont see how they are not ripping apart everyone they go against.

[uGa] Saint
August 9th, 2004, 05:55 AM
well thats just because kreeps was cut last min... had he stayed on, the other teams woulda gotten hacked for sure (refering to kreaps admition on the other thread that he is a 1337 hax0r) :D :D lub u sessy

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
August 9th, 2004, 06:48 AM
"That was great. It felt good because it was the first time in my life I hit a buzzer-beater like that," Iverson said. "That's what basketball is all about."

haha.. this guy IS a joke

that's what basketball is all about? almost losing? but barely edging it out with a lucky shot?

jeez.. we got a long way to go to get back to our dream team that once dominated. crap... i'd go so far as to say.. bring out the college team again

Swedish
August 9th, 2004, 11:17 AM
InfectioN']i'd go so far as to say.. bring out the college team again

yeah really. how could you expect these spoiled NBA guys to come play for next to nothing. playing basketball for free? thats just going to far for my country

Uther
August 9th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Problem with NBA is lack of Defense. Pistons won because the play good defense. European countries are doing well because of the way the learn the skills of the game. Shouldnt be surprising that other countries are getting better, just look at how many European players you have in the NBA now.

Benny_B
August 9th, 2004, 12:36 PM
This USA team has a lot of problems, i think the worst is overconfidence. We havent lost the olympics since nba players started playin for us in 92, but back then we definitely had the top guys in the league, jordan, bird, magic. this year, we have all these young guys, that are really good, but thier skills havent peaked yet, and we do have better guys that chose not to play. Another thing to think about is chemistry. Most of the other world teams have played together professionally for many years. Most of our young guys were big opponents of each other in the NBA. Either way, it should be an interesting olympics.

Swedish
August 9th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Problem with NBA is lack of Defense.

another thing is the lack of basics. everyone trys to look really cool when they dunk but not too many players thin about shooting anymore.

Apocalypse
August 9th, 2004, 09:43 PM
this year, we have all these young guys, that are really good, but thier skills havent peaked yet, and we do have better guys that chose not to play.

They chose not to play because they don't want to risk injury. I think it's sad how nowadays, it's all about the money and not the love of the game. Personally, I think it would be an honor to represent your country and show the world our skills regardless for risk of injury. Where's the old US dream team? :(

Benny_B
August 10th, 2004, 11:12 AM
Thats exactly how i feel Apoc. These guys play 10+ years in the NBA, how many chances do they get to play in the olympics?

Uther
August 10th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Anyone knows why pro baseball players dont play in the games?

LA_MERC_Nutria
August 16th, 2004, 05:15 AM
*UPDATE* Well they lost... to Puerto Rico. No gold this time.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/olympics/2004/basketball/08/15/us.puertorico/index.html

[uGa] Saint
August 16th, 2004, 06:18 AM
hahahaha.... stupid pro players, stick THAT in yer... umm... wait, they were playin for the US which means no gold for us... BURGLEFLICKLE!!

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 16th, 2004, 06:21 AM
Pro Baseball doesn't play because the Olympics are in the middle of the MLB season. :)

Slayer
August 16th, 2004, 06:29 AM
BAAAAAH!!!!! THAT'S OUR GAME TOO!!!!

IamTylerDurden
August 16th, 2004, 07:26 AM
More like the bad dream team!

Uther
August 16th, 2004, 07:56 AM
I dont even thing the P. R. team has a NBA player on it. But I guess the Dream Team alread had enough Gold, Plat, and Diamonds not to play good enough for some gold on ribbon.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==