PDA

View Full Version : As If I Needed Another Reason Not to Vote Bush--More Regressive Taxation!

-FA- ManiacalClown
August 1st, 2004, 10:47 PM
http://drudgereport.com/rnc.htm?sessionid=992833

Swedish
August 2nd, 2004, 12:06 AM
im probably the only one with you on not voting for bush. if he gets back in office i dont wont to get drafted!!!

[uGa] Saint
August 2nd, 2004, 07:32 AM
nah, im with you guys too. Im not party affiliated, but i really dont like Bush at all. I think im still mad about the whole alaskan drilling thing from his first campaign..

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 2nd, 2004, 08:57 AM
lmao Mad about the drilling thing? Drafted? Try looking at those issues from a wider POV?

As faar as the taxes, recent history has backed up academic claims of the success of a flat tax (see Russia's experiments with it). Eliminating the IRS is interesting, but the devil is in the details. I would like to see more on the details, but the idea is intriguing.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 2nd, 2004, 09:09 AM
Removing the IRS would surely remove tax evasion. Upper class individuals will not go along with this. They would actually have to pay tax and not be able jump through tons of loop holes like they do now. The only people to benifit would be the middle class people who presently pay their taxes. Its funny how many people do not pay taxes only to get audited 5-8 years later and now owe back taxes plus interest on all that money. Just think of how many that never get caught.

[uGa] Saint
August 2nd, 2004, 09:20 AM
the taxation thing is an interesting idea, but would ward off a lot of potential imports from other countries, and Russia is an economy i would never want to emulate... The point of view im taking on the drilling issue is on the side of wilderness, eventually there wont be any left, we will eventually switch from oil to something else, i would rather have wilderness long term than some oil short term. Im just conservation minded i guess.

Slayer
August 2nd, 2004, 10:46 AM
im probably the only one with you on not voting for bush. if he gets back in office i dont wont to get drafted!!!

Draft? We already have hundreds of thousands of soldiers over in Iraq. Then, we have reserves, national guard, etc. The chances of being drafted are pretty slim.

LA_MERC_Sabre
August 2nd, 2004, 11:20 AM
I would also like to see more details on the flat tax. At first thought, I think its' a great idea. I pay my taxes every year, and every year i get pissed off because somebody else is getting away with not paying it. Like illegal said, the wealthy will not go for this because it eliminates the hundreds of loopholes. And we all know what the wealthy gets.....everything they want. Money is not partison, it talks.

Sniper
August 2nd, 2004, 11:47 AM
I dont get the whole tax thing but if it pisses off the rich people then im in.

-FA- ManiacalClown
August 2nd, 2004, 02:03 PM
The problem with a regressive tax is that it totally kills the lower class. I have no problem getting rid of the IRS because hey, I don't like taxes at all, but if they feel it absolutely necessary to replace it with another system, at least make it progressive.

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 3rd, 2004, 06:38 AM
Um the current system is a progressive tax. I do like the idea of the value added or national sales tax. It wouldn't affect the poor as much as the rich, because basic living costs (rent, utilities, etc) would not be taxed, only consumable items ( electropnics, boats, cars, etc.) At any rate, the current tax system is very flawed. Any kind of proposal could cause discussion which may lead to *some* type of imrpovement!

LA_MERC_Sabre
August 3rd, 2004, 07:00 AM
i'm just wondering what electropnics are?

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 3rd, 2004, 07:51 AM
Oh, well that is just electronics specially manufactured to withstand the high heat and humidity of the tropics! ;)

LA_MERC_Spark
August 3rd, 2004, 10:22 AM
lol@dirge National tax is a step in the right direction IMO..

Slayer
August 3rd, 2004, 10:38 AM
I agree with this new move.

That reminds me; I need to go get more electropnics at the store. ;)

-FA- ManiacalClown
August 3rd, 2004, 03:48 PM
I'm aware that the current system is progressive, thank you very much. :)

But it's definitely flawed. I'm not against changes, but I just don't feel this is the right thing to do.

Then again, it might never happen. It's not uncommon for things like this to be brought up during election years and then never completed.

LA_MERC_Sabre
August 4th, 2004, 06:52 AM
yeah, like that whole thing about a new technology called the internet...where the heck did that go?

[uGa] Saint
August 4th, 2004, 07:12 AM
yeah, like that whole thing about a new technology called the internet...where the heck did that go?

its under the ham sandwich in the fridge.

LA_MERC_Shadow
August 4th, 2004, 10:09 AM
I'd like to see more details on the flat tax also but it definitely is a good idea. Especially getting rid of a government body (we save money right there). Like Dirge said food stuffs and living expenses aren't taxed. They do something like that here in FL, you're not taxed on food...at the grocery store, but you are taxed if it's at a restaurant.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==