PDA

View Full Version : WTF LSU ranked #3 in the nation

1Str8G
July 30th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Sigh, still no recognition of how good LSU is.
LINK TO POLL (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpMGxyODMzBF9TAzk1ODYyMzAwBHNlYwN0 bQ--?slug=coachpoll&prov=st&type=lgns)

I hope they destroy everyone this year, and I hope it's USC we are playing in the end.

LA_MERC_Drax
August 3rd, 2004, 10:17 AM
Preseason polls are always retarded, i mean last year they put auburn at 6 and they were expected to be in the national championship. Instead they sucked it up big time. But really, LSU shoudl be 1, because they are defending national champions. Also if you saw, i read it in the newspaper, LSU is not predicted to win the SEC, they're expected to win the west, but lose to georgia in the SEC championship. Personally i think its gonna blow up in alot of the "experts" faces cause LSU prolly has a stronger team this year than last year. I got a few friends that play on the team. When i go out with them to tigerland, get to drink with people like justin vincent, corey webster, laron landry. All really cool peeps.

LA_MERC_Spark
August 3rd, 2004, 10:24 AM
Polls = load of crap .. It's always gonna be that way man.. I like it. Makes Kicking arse a wonderful thing..

Dresden
August 3rd, 2004, 07:04 PM
Well...you can't really say someone should be ranked #1 for the upcoming season just because they are defending champions. I mean, soooo many factors come into play during the offseason. I think the main reason for the #3 ranking is two simple words....The draft. LSU lost it's starting QB as well as other key players on both sides of the ball. Don't get me wrong, they did a great job recruiting and I think they've compensated nicely for these losses. However, the big question mark is gonna be at QB. We knew what we had in Mauck, strenghts and weaknesses alike. While we have a couple of great PROSPECTS at QB, we really can't say how they are gonna perform under the pressure of it all.

That being said...I can't wait to beat the snot out of anyone who dares to step on the grid iron with us.

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 4th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Well, I think Diesel summed it up best the other day during one of our "brainstorming" sessions at work... hehe

The media looks at Offense first, then defense. BOth USC and Oklahoma have glittery offenses while LSU has a rock solid defense and a question mark at quarterback, making them questionable in the media's and coaches minds.

LA_MERC_Shadow
August 4th, 2004, 09:45 AM
You're right Rob. But LSU also isn't one of the media's babies like Florida and Notre Dame. We aren't one of there favorites and that accounts for a lot. I don't mind us not being no. 1, it takes a little pressure off. Not everyone will be gunning for you, but you're still in a respectable position. Besides all that matters is the ranking at the end of the season.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
August 4th, 2004, 09:52 AM
apparently, sometimes the ranking at the end of the season won't persuade the media either since LSU was rankes #1 in both the Coaches poll and the BCS poll, but the media had to do their own thing by ranking usc #1.

I'm starting to believe Chris Rock was wrong when he was joking about the media. Perhaps his jokes should be taken seriously "Look out, it's the media! RUN!"

LA_MERC_Drax
August 4th, 2004, 03:28 PM
LSU still has the sugar bowl & sec mvp on the offensive side of the ball, plus they still have the majority of their offensive line.

LA_MERC_Shadow
August 4th, 2004, 05:34 PM
The athletes are important, but the coaching has made the biggest difference...thank god Saban stayed.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==