PDA

View Full Version : Please elect the Next President of USA

No|Diggity
July 20th, 2004, 10:44 AM
This election will show the true outcome of Nov Election for the President of USA.

LA_MERC_Sabre
July 20th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Bush! Bush! Bush! Bush!....

oh wait, are we talking about the president or......

LA_MERC_goose
July 20th, 2004, 11:12 AM
Sabre, this is for you! :loser:

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
July 20th, 2004, 12:13 PM
We've got BUSH!!!

roXet
July 20th, 2004, 12:31 PM
go go nader power!!!

Apocalypse
July 20th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Lil' Jon for President.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Slayer
July 20th, 2004, 01:03 PM
I say we let Bush and Kerry knife on de_dust2 for the Presidency!! :stick

GO BUSH!!!!!

LA_MERC_Sabre
July 20th, 2004, 01:53 PM
the results of this survey make me laugh.....It seems like everyone I talk to around here is against Bush. But the numbers say they are even or Bush is even ahead a little. Yet here, we have a 13-0 Bush lead??????????????????????

LA_MERC_Yankee
July 20th, 2004, 02:33 PM
I was thinking the same thing. :politics:

:saddam1

SweetGirL
July 20th, 2004, 03:29 PM
I have yet to decide, so I didn't vote. I'm not sure I like either candidate....so, I'll have to learn more about them to make my decision.

LA_MERC_Sabre
July 20th, 2004, 03:37 PM
JUST VOTE BUSH! Don't worry about researching it.

Maximus
July 20th, 2004, 04:23 PM
I think someone should put in a "None of the above" category...Because honestly, I'm disgusted with all 3...

[uGa] Saint
July 20th, 2004, 09:47 PM
picking the best of two evils... and sabre, ya just needed to give me a chance to vote... lil john is in the hizouse with dos now... w00ty t00t!!!

-FA- ManiacalClown
July 21st, 2004, 12:21 AM
the results of this survey make me laugh.....It seems like everyone I talk to around here is against Bush. But the numbers say they are even or Bush is even ahead a little. Yet here, we have a 13-0 Bush lead??????????????????????

What forum have YOU been reading?

Swedish
July 21st, 2004, 12:37 AM
NADER? i thought it was Darth Vader :(

Silent_Killer
July 21st, 2004, 02:25 PM
im not 18 so i aint even gonna do nothing

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
July 21st, 2004, 02:27 PM
I voted Bush...

I'm not registered to vote but if I was I would choose Bush....

LA_MERC_Heater
July 23rd, 2004, 11:10 AM
Bush all the way...

JUNKY
July 23rd, 2004, 11:35 AM
im not 18 so i aint even gonna do nothing

Just my Public Service announcement of the day....

Don't adopt that attitude. Just because you're not 18 doesn't mean that you are immune to the results of the USA's political machine.

Doesn't mean you can't do anything about it just yet. There are plenty of youth political action groups and such that are helping younger generations understand politics before you can vote.

Much better to know what issues affect you the most and what their outcomes mean to you now, than turn 18 and walk in the voter's booth for that first time with a piece of paper your parents gave you telling you which issues to vote for. After you've voted without the appropriate info is too late to voice an opinion.

Case in point:
The Franklin Parish school board voted to shut down several schools in the parish due to declining public support for education funding and reform bills. The people of the parish voted against almost every tax increase or referendum that would have given the school system more operational budget. In response the School Board had no choice but to close a couple of the schools and integrate them all into one to cut costs. (Crowville high is one of the HS that is to close) -- Once THAT was announced, the public was all up in arms pi$$ed off that it was happening to them, and trying to fight the decision. Every interview and report I see or read, it's always some hick from the middle of po-dunk (most of the parish is farmland) that has never learned their civic and political responsibility, and doesn't seem to have ability to think about the big picture, and how what's happening now, is directly related to their actions then (And yes, doing nothing is an action).

Slayer
July 23rd, 2004, 04:15 PM
Preach it brother! :youdaman:

But seriously...

I heard a certain California senator was pushing for fraction votes for minors (ex. 17 yr. old gets 1/2 of a vote). This would only affect the state, not the Presidential election. He was even suggesting 1/4 vote for 15-16 yr. olds.

JUNKY
July 23rd, 2004, 04:22 PM
While it sounds cool and stuff to a kid, trust me, I'm sure they would rather be able to buy a beer.

And without knowing which senator you are talking about--I'm going out on a limb and guessing he/she is a Democrat?

It is my opinion that you'll find a lot more Democrats in youth, or let me say youth that would vote democrat, thanks to the lack of "real-world 9-5" life experience in the 15-17 year old range (Even though most of those ages would tell you they;re perfectly capable of knowing what's going on in the world). Why do they vote democrat? Well thanks to the heavily liberal mass media, broadcasting, and celebrity push that is proven to easily sway people in that age demographic.

Just my conspiracy theory though.

LA_MERC_Shadow
July 23rd, 2004, 07:43 PM
They are also pushing to let the convicts in prison vote over here in FL. They say there were like 40000 that weren't counted last time. So what. If you are a convict in jail you should lose the right to vote, you should have no rights outside the leagle system. You gave up those rights when you committed the crime.

oh yeah, and Bush all the way.

Slayer
July 23rd, 2004, 09:15 PM
While it sounds cool and stuff to a kid, trust me, I'm sure they would rather be able to buy a beer.

And without knowing which senator you are talking about--I'm going out on a limb and guessing he/she is a Democrat?

It is my opinion that you'll find a lot more Democrats in youth, or let me say youth that would vote democrat, thanks to the lack of "real-world 9-5" life experience in the 15-17 year old range (Even though most of those ages would tell you they;re perfectly capable of knowing what's going on in the world). Why do they vote democrat? Well thanks to the heavily liberal mass media, broadcasting, and celebrity push that is proven to easily sway people in that age demographic.

Just my conspiracy theory though.

You're right, Junky. And although more votes for the Democratic platform is a nice side effect for them, the senator suggested this new idea in order to boost voting numbers. It seems that California is not having a very large turnout at the polls.

Sniper
July 24th, 2004, 02:56 PM
yay for the death penalty....go bush

Silent_Killer
July 24th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Just my Public Service announcement of the day....

Don't adopt that attitude. Just because you're not 18 doesn't mean that you are immune to the results of the USA's political machine.

Doesn't mean you can't do anything about it just yet. There are plenty of youth political action groups and such that are helping younger generations understand politics before you can vote.

Much better to know what issues affect you the most and what their outcomes mean to you now, than turn 18 and walk in the voter's booth for that first time with a piece of paper your parents gave you telling you which issues to vote for. After you've voted without the appropriate info is too late to voice an opinion.

Case in point:
The Franklin Parish school board voted to shut down several schools in the parish due to declining public support for education funding and reform bills. The people of the parish voted against almost every tax increase or referendum that would have given the school system more operational budget. In response the School Board had no choice but to close a couple of the schools and integrate them all into one to cut costs. (Crowville high is one of the HS that is to close) -- Once THAT was announced, the public was all up in arms pi$$ed off that it was happening to them, and trying to fight the decision. Every interview and report I see or read, it's always some hick from the middle of po-dunk (most of the parish is farmland) that has never learned their civic and political responsibility, and doesn't seem to have ability to think about the big picture, and how what's happening now, is directly related to their actions then (And yes, doing nothing is an action).

uhhhhhh.........just for the heck of it i did a vote. i chose bush. Bush was the one who protected our country by ordering a search to find saddam weapons
if he wasnt there maybe some other president could have said "well, its probbly nothing." i would keep bush because he is a great leader and if not for him, we wouldnt probably be here.

-FA- ManiacalClown
July 24th, 2004, 10:09 PM
i would keep bush because he is a great leader and if not for him, we wouldnt probably be here.

WHAT.

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 26th, 2004, 07:36 AM
^^^^

:loser1

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 26th, 2004, 07:43 AM
Clown, consider the source and it makes total sense...

Slayer
July 26th, 2004, 09:48 AM

:owned

-FA- ManiacalClown
July 26th, 2004, 02:07 PM

WHAT.

No|Diggity
July 27th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Terrorism, John Kerry, and 9/11:

http://www.scaryjohnkerry.com/logan.htm

No|Diggity
July 27th, 2004, 05:04 PM
weapons of mass destruction

http://www.scaryjohnkerry.com/wmd.htm

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 27th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Interesting posts there Dig...

Silent_Killer
July 31st, 2004, 09:34 AM
real interesting

Silent_Killer
July 31st, 2004, 09:35 AM
think clown if we had another person in office when we heard of saddam's weapons, he could have just said" well thats not proven yet." so saddam could have launched missles and blew us up. common sense. at least what my sense tells me.

-FA- ManiacalClown
July 31st, 2004, 02:08 PM
BECAUSE THEY CAN SERIOUSLY HIT US FROM HALFWAY AROUND THE WORLD

LA_MERC_Spark
August 1st, 2004, 08:21 AM
No doubt they don't have a delivery system, but that's not going to stop them form hidding a very large bomb in a shipping container and vaporizing NY, SF, or some other port... People in this country are strange.. They get pissed because we didn't go and take out Osama.. (Preemptive strike) but when we DO take out a potential threat with a preemptive strike like we did in Iraq, the pres is a bad bad man.. If you wanna get pissed about Bush.. Get pissed because he had the National Institutes of Health and Centers for Disease Control quietly remove information on the benefits of condoms and safe sex education from domestic HIV Web sites... get pissed because of the "faith based initiative" http://www.whitehouse.gov/government/fbci/ ... get pissed about banning stem cell research.. These are some valid arguments against the guy.. As far as the war... Had to happen based on the information he was presented.. I'll be pullin the lever for Bush again because the alternative is far worse IMO.

Sniper
August 1st, 2004, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=LA_MERC_Spark]No doubt they don't have a delivery system, but that's not going to stop them form hidding a very large bomb in a shipping container and vaporizing NY, SF, or some other port...

ya guys didn't u see that movie

Slayer
August 1st, 2004, 02:14 PM
Yeah...er...The Sum of All Fears, right? Was it Baltimore?

LA_MERC_Spark
August 1st, 2004, 02:30 PM
well sort of... That was in a soda machine..

Sniper
August 1st, 2004, 02:42 PM
yes someone responded to me *people do like me*

LA_MERC_Spark
August 1st, 2004, 02:54 PM
don't get ahead of yourself son.. I just don't have anything else better to do!! LMAO! (jk)

Sniper
August 1st, 2004, 02:59 PM
don't get ahead of yourself son.. I just don't have anything else better to do!! LMAO! (jk)
noooooo, my friends, they are leaving me
:violin
:dunno :shootme:

Slayer
August 1st, 2004, 03:07 PM
I thought it was a cigarette machine.

Sniper
August 1st, 2004, 03:11 PM
i dont know i just thought the movie was sweet.

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 1st, 2004, 04:09 PM
Cigrette machine at the Super Bowl...although, in the book ti took place in Denver (which makes more strategic sense...except for the closeness of DC)

Slayer
August 1st, 2004, 06:29 PM
Remember boys and girls, smoking is hazardous to your health!

LoL

Didn't the guy behind it die when he used his cigarette lighter in his car? Someone had planted a bomb in it knowing he would use it.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==