PDA

View Full Version : Press members' true feeligns about Reagan bubbling out...

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 17th, 2004, 06:58 AM
This was posted on Drudge this morning...

"NYT FRANK RICH COMPARES REAGAN FUNERAL TO OJ MURDER DRAMA
Wed Jun 16 2004 17:52:56 ET

In a column set to be published on Sunday, NEW YORK TIMES Frank Rich writes: 'During the Reagan show the O.J. Simpson impact was sometimes literally acted out: the gratuitously attenuated aerial shots of the hearse streaking on California freeways to Simi Valley carried an eerie visual echo of the Bronco chase.'

On Public reation to Reagan Death, Rich claims: 'The dirty little secret of the week: The outpouring didn't live up to its hype. 'There was this kind of extraordinary outpouring not by the public but by reporters who should know better,' as Morley Safer told Larry King after it was over.'

Rich: Reagan 'understood nothing if not the cruel and fickle vagaries of show business'...

Developing... "

I'm glad I'm not this vitriolic that I can't mourn for someone of a different political lien. I have seen this attitude even on aquaintances of mine and it saddens me to see people behave like this. It just goes to show you how "open-minded" some of these people really are no matter what they say...

Dresden
June 17th, 2004, 07:08 AM
Should we expect any less?

SnAkEbItE
June 17th, 2004, 01:16 PM
See that's why I don't listen to nor do I read news papers, I just get pizzed off...

roXet
June 17th, 2004, 02:19 PM
the truly sad thing about Reagan's death was how both the Democrats and Republicans exploited it to help their cause.

LA_MERC_Shadow
July 15th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Only someone from the New York Times would dare to compare Reagan's funeral and the OJ trial.

LA_MERC_Sabre
July 15th, 2004, 01:29 PM
I agree with snake on this one, that is also why i don't watch or read news (other than FoxNews of course) because i just get irritated.

roXet
July 15th, 2004, 01:54 PM
he wasn't comparing the man's death to the OJ trial, he was talking about how bad the media was at both "events".

LA_MERC_Shadow
July 15th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Sorry, misunderstood. It is sad though that everything nowadays brings on a media frenzy. Honestly, how many friggin' news channels do we need?

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 15th, 2004, 07:59 PM
ONE MORE.. the one that Criticizes all the other news chanels, I bet it would be real popular..
Give all the other media some of there own medicine :devil

roXet
July 16th, 2004, 08:26 AM
I'm with ya on that Yellowdog

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==