PDA

View Full Version : Saints contract woes

LA_MERC_Nutria
June 15th, 2004, 05:49 PM
What do you guys think about the current situation with the Saints contract? In short... the current governor does not want to honor a contract between Louisiana and the Saints that was written up and agreed upon last year. Now she wasn't the governor at the time but the legislation also agreed on this contract. I say she should honor the current contract and pay the money owed to the team. If she doesn't... what does that say to other big businesses wanting to move into Louisiana? Will they have to worry about Louisiana going back on contracts? This isn't just about the Saints... look at the big picture.

[uGa] Saint
June 15th, 2004, 06:34 PM
hmmm good point. as a saint, i believe the Saints should bust out their lawyer types to make sure each and every saint gets paid by the Saints and ban together the community to fight the possible breach of contract.
-saint

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 15th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Blanco is an idiot! We made a commitment based on business since, not political sense. The Saints bring WAAAY to much money into the economy than if they weren't here. Do what you personally do when you can't make ends meet... cut other areas! How about the legislative's discretionary (read: personally fluff money) funds???? If she doesn't pay, we're skarewed with a capital F!

LA_MERC_Yankee
June 15th, 2004, 08:20 PM
I must agree completely with Dirge. All politics aside, we signed a contract stating that we would pay a certain amount and now we must live up to that agreement. Doesn't matter how we come up with it, it just needs to be taken care of. If not, I'm sure the Saints won't be the only ones leaving in the future knowing how the state conducts business.

Dresden
June 15th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Exactly...A contract is a contract is a contract! It doesn't matter in the least who it is between. :twak

How is it the state can't find the money to honor their contracts or pay their educators, but hey....how'd this big ole fat raise get into my check? :rolleyes:

LA_MERC_Spark
June 15th, 2004, 10:20 PM
DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ABOUT THIS BEYATCH! We only have the good ole dumb arse La voters to thank for this one!!! Arse heads.. The first thing this dumb arse CHICK did is to re-nig on her promise of pay raises for teachers... no money she says... but she get a $50000 pay raisde!!??!!??!! W T F??? This arse clown better get her scrit straigt!!! AAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! I cant even begin to say any more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_Nutria
June 15th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Can we spell R-E-C-A-L-L.
KEAPER FOR GOV.

Dresden
June 15th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Don't know about Keaper...but I might vote for kreaper

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 16th, 2004, 02:20 AM
One thing I've never understood...the first two things to feel the crunch of financial issues in this state are health care (funding for hospitals and clinics) and education (higher and otherwise). Heath care and education are two VERY important things. Keep those two things down, and LA will continue to have a hard time staying out of the stone age.

On to the topic...I didn't vote for that lady, and I never will.

LA_MERC_Yankee
June 16th, 2004, 09:17 AM
I would have voted for anyone other than Blanco. Especially since my wife is a school teacher and a pay raise would have been nice, not to mention that it was something she promised in her campaign.

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 16th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Blanco is the debil!!!!

LA_MERC_Heater
June 16th, 2004, 09:35 AM
I agree with you all,There was a contracted made and it should be met...And i didnt vote for her either...

LA_MERC_Nutria
June 16th, 2004, 05:56 PM
I just heard today that the state HAS TO pay. She is just drawing it out. From what I understand the money is for last year's player bonuses. She is wasting time and pissing Tom Benson off. Man, I hope we don't lose the team. One more thing... she said something that disturbs me. She said the financial problem is New Orleans problem. If I understand correctly... the plaayers pay state tax and so does the money the team makes. Man is this chick for real?

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==