PDA

View Full Version : EQ2 anyone in?

Swedish
June 13th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Anyone planning on playing eq2 when it comes out? I fell like a huge nerd (like i am) be cause i have never wanted to play a video game more in my life. if this game is half as fun as it looks then ill be in happy. loved playing EQ back in the day, but partying was new to me then so thats were i spent most my time. now its nothiong new so im gonna get my eq2 on. owwww, i cant wait (jumping up and down).

[uGa] Saint
June 13th, 2004, 07:15 PM
SWEDISH!! haha. I actually have never heard of that game before, what is it?

Swedish
June 13th, 2004, 09:18 PM
eq2= Everquest2, its online role playing game. check it out, www.everquest2.com

Swedish
June 13th, 2004, 09:19 PM
dude, your avatar thing trips me out for some reason. i like it

[uGa] Saint
June 14th, 2004, 12:05 AM
I heard one of those "My friends sister told me her cousin read an article that her mom..." things that a person committed suicide when their "alter ego" in the game died or something. Ive heard some crazy stuff, so i aint gonna touch it, looks cool though.

Swedish
June 14th, 2004, 12:46 AM
yeah, some people get real serious about it. iv read that article too. ive also heard that people have played so much they forgot to eat and died (probably not true). also heard of this guy cheating on his wife with some chick in the game and they got a divorce over it. people are INSANE.

CajunTech
June 14th, 2004, 06:57 AM
I'm still playing Ultima Online.. The 2D version of Everquest.

Swedish
June 14th, 2004, 10:53 AM
other then diablo isnt that like the first online multi-player game to come out. you must be really good at it if your still playing.

LA_MERC_Onji
June 14th, 2004, 11:25 AM
UO baby! I played alot of that back in the day, oh and Diablow didnt count :)

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 14th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Anyone have diablo? I mean, anyone have Diablo that I could try...thats what I mean. I never played it...

[uGa] Saint
June 14th, 2004, 11:58 AM
if i can find my copy ill mail it to you, havent touched that game in years...

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 14th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Sweet! Let me know...I'll paypal you some $$ for shipping and stuff, if you want.

LA_MERC_Mercy
June 14th, 2004, 12:25 PM
i might still have it also tech...will have to dig though all my crap first though..

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 14th, 2004, 01:14 PM
SWEET! Let me know boy-o's!

CajunTech
June 14th, 2004, 03:27 PM
I have Diablo 2 accounts. If they are still out there then they have godlike characters with the best equipment.

Swedish - I started playing Ultima Online 4 months after it was released. So my main account will be 7 years old in a few months. I played for 4-5 years or so and took a 2 year break. Now me and the wife play again and pretty much have all maxed out characters again. I can handle anything in the game with relative ease (which is why I left the first time) and have a huge house. Pretty good at the game.

As for being good depending on how long you play. I've played CS on and off for many years and I still suck :)

Swedish
June 14th, 2004, 06:08 PM
i played everquest for like 2 years and i sucked the whole time. still really fun. No one else wants to play it? i think i might have to get a new computer just to play it because the graphics are Insane.

LA_MERC_Mercy
June 14th, 2004, 06:37 PM
im thinking about it...not sure yet..

CajunTech
June 15th, 2004, 06:25 AM
I think the next game I'll play is Dungeons and Dragons Online. I believe it's scheduled for release summer 2005.

[uGa] Saint
June 15th, 2004, 07:06 AM
i went back to playing warcraft 2 the other night, that game ROCKS!!

LA_MERC_Onji
June 15th, 2004, 07:13 AM
war2 will always rock! i spent many a hour on that playing on kali via ipx lol, oh and i'm looking forward to middle earth online

CajunTech
June 15th, 2004, 07:16 AM
I think I still have all of those War Craft, Star Craft, and Age of Empires games floating around somewhere. Have 2 copies of most of them since me and the wife like play online.

Ever played a game called SuperPower? It's a turned based, military strategy game, based on real world military, and politics. Not the greatest game in the world (very far from it hehe), but there is a multiplayer SuperPower 2 in the works.

My favorite strategy game of all time - Ghengis Khan for the old nintendo system. Now if only I could find a ROM of it.

LA_MERC_Onji
June 15th, 2004, 07:20 AM
i have every snes, nes (all sega systems) rom available, just pm me

Swedish
June 16th, 2004, 12:36 PM
i just read that EverQuest2 is going to take up 10gb and that every NPC has a voice and all text is spoken.

[uGa] Saint
June 16th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Onji, wasnt there an earlier warcraft online game? i remember seeing ads for it when i bought starcraft i think. Did it ever come out or did it just become a dormant project that is just now seeing the light of day?

calamari
July 12th, 2004, 03:55 AM
indeed, i hope to see you in there. only the cool peeps play EQ. and saint, you must be killed for not knowing what EQ is.

[uGa] Saint
July 12th, 2004, 07:06 AM
and saint, you must be killed for not knowing what EQ is.

just go online! everybody's already doing it, you just gotta be the first to find me, i usually die in the first minute (im a hot commodity :D)

Blacky
October 15th, 2004, 03:19 PM
avid eq player here...guide for eq on prexus server..

Eq 2 is gonna rock!

will be in and have preregistered...i advise anyone who is gonna get in to preregister for the character creation software and demo you get, as well as the code for Journeyman boots in game...this will save you a ton of deaths, due to the increased free clicky speed you will get.

calamari
October 16th, 2004, 12:43 AM
the NDA was just lifted. so there have been some people posting video's they made. all i have to say is oooomg i cant wait to play this game.

NoXiOuS
October 16th, 2004, 05:59 PM
ive been playing EQlive for about 3 1/2 years now. i play on the Rodcet Nife server.
ive been forever trying to find something else to play, but nothing as of yet gets my attention.
but with Matrix Online, Eq2, DnD Online, WOW, etc coming out, it may be time to upgrade and move on.

Handamer
November 5th, 2004, 01:48 AM
yup i'll be on eq2 as soon as it hits my doorstep. have been playing eq1 since beta4 and decided to lay down my weaps and quite eq1 and time to start anew in eq2 should bring me back to the days of staying up 3days striaght play goto work then right back to playing...well that and my halo 2 copy comes in the same day..im thinking no sleep for me for a while.

aCiD
November 5th, 2004, 06:25 AM
welel eq2 looks pretty neat, but i really want Middle Earth Online to come out, its an RPG like EQ based on Lord of the Rings, w00t, its got some insane graphics on it as well, but really no release date, so, anywho i guess WOW will hold me down for now. har har har

LA_MERC_Drax
November 5th, 2004, 08:52 AM
I've preordered it, should be here wednesday :)

Swedish
November 5th, 2004, 01:20 PM
i was freakin out over this game because i played eq for about 1year and a half. now that this one is out i dont have a computer that would run it though. looks like im gonna have to wait for a bit.

Handamer
November 5th, 2004, 01:46 PM
yea I have had eq2 preordered since they allowed preorders. I wasn't going to wait for it. I have been watching my friend who beta tested eq2 and some of the things I seen just was jaw droppnig. when in beta testing they had a npc that had the voice of james earl jones that was friggin awsome....but from what I have been told after last week they took that voice out because it wasn't him it was someone who sounded alot like it. /shrug oh well.....if u know any guilds looking for a fighter let me know im going to be looking for a guild as soon as game hits

Jim_Marshall
November 5th, 2004, 03:10 PM
I played eq1 for a bit and that took away about 4 months of my life, but those were some good months though. I know eq2 will be a very good game... just not sure if I want to devote that much time into that thing again.

I probably will though, since some friends of mine are going into it and I always have a blast playing with friends.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==