PDA

View Full Version : To much music while playing.

LA_MERC_Drifter
June 9th, 2004, 08:50 AM
This is not directed towards anyone in particular but I have noticed a big increase in people playing way to much music while trying to play CS. I die enough without people making it where you can't hear. So when all that music starts blaring in my headphones it gets very irritating. Is there anything I can do to stop all that noise? I have heard that there is a way to mute people, would someone please tell me how.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed it as well?

LA_MERC_goose
June 9th, 2004, 09:15 AM
When you're in the game, hit ESC (escape) go to Player List, highlight the player you want to mute, hit Mute In Game. woohoo! No more music!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 9th, 2004, 09:31 AM
yep, it's that simple. now you too can be music free. I usually have half the server muted when all the music starts being played.

LA_MERC_Drifter
June 9th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Thanx guys!! I spent half the time I was playing yesterday trying to figure that out. lol

}{y|3ri|)
June 9th, 2004, 09:47 AM
not sure for others, but i get a kick out of playing the music, but i do only play it while im dead and people are beggin me to hear a song lol.

LA_MERC_Sabre
June 9th, 2004, 10:12 AM
i like the music too, but only when I'm dead. and even sometimes when we are just goofing around and doing some serious cs dancing!!!!!

woohoo!!!! go }{ it's your birthday!!!!!!

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 9th, 2004, 10:16 AM
I agree...music while you are dead is ok...but not on a map that has all talk on. That disrupts the other players and makes it hard to do anything. (kinda like being slapped all over deagle factory and trying to shoot someone...it just doesn't happen!)

CajunTech
June 9th, 2004, 10:16 AM
I don't have any problems with people playing music when dead. It actually helps pass the time until the next round. Even a little music during the round is fine. However, when they play music during the whole round it gets old fast.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
June 9th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Personaly, I think HLamp was the worst thing invented. If I wanted to listen to music while playing, I'd run winamp in the background. Thats just my personal take on it. The worst is when people are playing while dead and into the next round while you are trying to rush and you end up by yourself in a firefight with 3-5 from the other team and the music is still going. Yet another bad example is people are blaring music while they are dead and as soon as you die, you get this loud crap in your headset that you can't even make out what it is cause you caught it in the middle or end. My 3rd bad example is when you join spectator to try to demo someone and all you can hear is someone playing bites which ends up being in the demo so you really can't tell if the guy heard something or was walling.

I just mute people when they start with the music and I'm done with it. Only bad thing is when I join the server to demo and go into spec, you can't mute so its just no use to demo.

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 9th, 2004, 10:28 AM
One thing I wish they would change about demos (I know...off topic): The demo should auto end at the end of the map so that it doesn't get corrupted...
I always forget to type stop! lol

}{y|3ri|)
June 9th, 2004, 10:36 AM
good ponits toby, and because i respect that i never play music while you are in the server, mainly because you have stressed it to me that you dislike it... anytime someone gets annoyed by it they are welcome to simply ask me to turn it off or they have to right to mute me (the party poopers).

LA_MERC_Diesel
June 9th, 2004, 10:47 AM
yeah I love the music and sound clips when you are dead, it is neat, plus since our wav files have been around for awhile, it is cool to hear some new sounds. w00t!

[uGa] Saint
June 9th, 2004, 11:19 AM
yea, music is fun to listen to, even sometimes in game if its just a short burst, but if someone asks you to stop playing then the person playing the music should be respectful and just stop. I think }{'s jukebox for those that are dead is essential to any spectator to pass the time till the next round

LA_MERC_MadMAX
June 9th, 2004, 11:24 AM
I'm with Toby on this - once the music starts, people get muted. I guess it's mostly becuase I have weird tastes in music, and I generally loathe the music that is being played..

I guess the only one i like is H's "What is love"...hehehe

Maximus
June 9th, 2004, 11:45 AM
I can see both sides of the arguement, but I love DJ Hybrids mix! He's da bomb! I just wanna give a shout out to my homie Couch Cushion and my other homie Banana Peel! Also to my girl D'licious, just wanna let 'er know that Iluveralot and the past 2 hours of not seein her have been the worst of my life...

Toby, I agree with what you're saying, but I'm all for dead guy music...;)

LA_MERC_Drifter
June 9th, 2004, 12:30 PM
I don't mind it so much when I am dead but as Toby pointed out alot of the times it carries over into the next round and that is aggrevating. No prob tho I know how to mute now...WOOHOO!!!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==