PDA

View Full Version : The Passing of a GREAT American President....

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
June 5th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Ronald Reagan has passed away today. Age 93. As most of you know, you was suffering from Progressive Alzheimers disease.

He was a great man in that he, in my eyes, helped unite America within and America with other countries.

Please keep him, Nancy, the rest of his family, as well as America in your prayers. He is finally home.

Silent_Killer
June 5th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Let Him Rest In Peace.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
June 5th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Just heard this on the news as I walked in the door - very sad indeed.

A true American!

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 5th, 2004, 08:19 PM
OMG! I had no clue! He was a great American, indeed...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
June 5th, 2004, 09:48 PM
I've been watching the news coverage all night...
His passing is a very sad thing for me. I am 24 - he's the first president I remember - he came into office one year after I was born. As a historian, I've always focused my studies on American history, and especially the American Presidency.

I'm truly saddened by his death, but very pleased, and my heart is full of joy because of the wonderful attention his death has gotten. He was a truly great man, regardless of his political views. He is one of the few American presidents that has managed to win the hearts of all Americans regardless of party affiliation. His wit, his humor, his speaking voice and his family were truly his greatest assets.

He will be missed greatly, by me, and by millions of Americans!

MR. GORBACHEV TEAR DOWN THIS WALL!

Sergei Criffnoobsky
June 7th, 2004, 10:09 AM
May he rest in peace for his great accomplishments.

Seductive
June 7th, 2004, 10:16 AM
It is sad to hear this, but considering his illness, it may be for the better that his suffering ended. I was around several people who had the same thing and it is sad to see it.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
June 7th, 2004, 03:22 PM
I'm sure he is more at peace now - as I'm sure Nancy is. I can't imagine what she has been through over the last 10 years. Thiers was a true Love story - any time you see footage of them togather, the way she looks at him, you can tell that she was truly in love, and deeply in love. I can't imagine the pain it must be to go through seeing someone you love so much go through what he had to go through. In fact, as early as 1997 he had no memory at all of even being president.

He was a brilliant speaker and a wonderful movie actor as well as being president. I hope those of younger generations who do not remember him have been watching the news too see the wit and humor he brought to his office - as eloquently as it could be done.

We'll miss you President Regan!

Potential Threat
June 8th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Yeah, my dad let me know. It is a sad day when anyone dies. Let alone a great American President.

LA_MERC_Nutria
June 8th, 2004, 07:07 PM
"Sweet" tribute
http://jellybelly.com/Cultures/en-US/NewsEvents/NewsStories/Jelly+Belly+Saddened+by+the+Passing+of+Ronald+Reag an.htm

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 8th, 2004, 07:50 PM
That's cool. I miss Reagan...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
June 9th, 2004, 04:15 PM
have been watching the funeral processions this afternoon - anyone else watching?

LA_MERC_Nutria
June 9th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Yeah I'm watching. Never seen it a procession for a prez, so I have to check it out.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
June 9th, 2004, 04:55 PM
i saw nixon's in 94, but is was nothing like this.

LA_MERC_Nutria
June 9th, 2004, 05:35 PM
I think the cowboy boots instead of the military boots on the lone horse was classic.

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 9th, 2004, 05:42 PM
That was awesome man...I was at the gym and everyone stopped doing what they were doing and we all just watched in silence...awesome...

Silent_Killer
June 9th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Im my opinion From what ive heard and read about Regan, he was a Better President thatn all these nuckle heads we got in office

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
June 9th, 2004, 06:27 PM
I've been watching it. All that was/is being done is well deserved. Nancy is being very strong.

LA_MERC_LaTech
June 9th, 2004, 06:34 PM
I liked when she got out of the car and the crowd cheered and yelled, "We love you Nancy!" that was VERY nice...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
June 9th, 2004, 07:06 PM
did anybody besides me hear the dove when they put his casket on the carriage? That could not have been planned any better...even though it wasn't.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==