PDA

View Full Version : I dunno if actions like this are good or bad for the war in Iraq....

JUNKY
April 30th, 2004, 11:23 AM
http://forum.galeyisrael.com/forum/files/dontloot.wmv

LA_MERC_Diesel
April 30th, 2004, 11:45 AM
looks like the car was totaled, I guess he will have to claim it on his insurance
yikes!

JUNKY
April 30th, 2004, 11:56 AM
I have to amend my subject, I know that the "War in Iraq" is actually over, today happens to be the 1 year anniverisary of Pres. Bush delaring a "cessation of major combat activity" in Iraq.

The rest is just a prolonged UN police action.

I do like where the car's horn honks when the tank is backing over it.

I also like the fact that they were looting lumber -- that's the reason for the automotive "time-out". Anyone notice that the "stolen" lumber is not removed from the car before the Tank driver validates the very reason he wakes up every morning?

:tank:

Lt.Dan
April 30th, 2004, 12:43 PM
I have to amend my subject, I know that the "War in Iraq" is actually over, today happens to be the 1 year anniverisary of Pres. Bush delaring a "cessation of major combat activity" in Iraq.

No, its war. It is not UN peace keeping because the UN is not there.

LA_MERC_Spark
April 30th, 2004, 01:12 PM
All these questionable actions taken by our troops over there just make more enemies.. Now there are pictures of suspected abused POW's in Iraq... We need to get our shizzle straight... Troops need to realize that wars are now conducted in front of the WHOLE world on TV and the internet... IMO it makes us look bad.. sorta like the big world bullies that many claim we are....

LA_MERC_Drifter
April 30th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Don't get me wrong, I am proud of my country and of all the men and women that are out there everyday defending it, but I have to agree with Spark on this one. They need to remember that they are representing (IMO) the greatest nation in the world and all eyes are on us.

Lt.Dan
April 30th, 2004, 06:31 PM
No one is arguing other wise, with either one of you. But if you are trying to pass judgment on men fighting for there lives, well then you sir are a better man than I. Sure they should try and be good soldiers and not make fun of or even torcher there enemies. It is very easy for us to demand such a thing, but are we there, are we seeing what they are seeing. For that matter when your day begins and ends with killing, death and destruction; who would know what your mental state of mind would be. You know all those old Vietnam movies you see where the soldiers are being a little mean to everyone, well, you don’t think that is happening in Iraq. Not saying it is right, but it is what happens, and I agree it should not happen, but it does take place. I do not see it stopping either. As long as our soldiers continue to fight a faceless enemy, and as long as our soldiers see there friends hurt or killed you will always have this kind of treatment, it is a very humanistic thing. I do not blame these men for what they have done or will do. They are in a place I would never want to be, I can only hope that when it is over they will be able to come home and have a normal life.

LA_MERC_JESTER
May 2nd, 2004, 05:50 AM
HEHEHE what ever happened to going to jail when you break the rules.. haha

-FA- ManiacalClown
May 2nd, 2004, 09:49 PM
All these questionable actions taken by our troops over there just make more enemies.. Now there are pictures of suspected abused POW's in Iraq... We need to get our shizzle straight... Troops need to realize that wars are now conducted in front of the WHOLE world on TV and the internet... IMO it makes us look bad.. sorta like the big world bullies that many claim we are....

Those who contract out such jobs as running prisons instead of leaving it to the MPs and others who have been trained in the proper way of conducting a prison, not to mention certain unimportant things like the Geneva accords, probably need to wake up after this.

[uGa] Saint
May 4th, 2004, 09:44 AM
wow, that was retarded. with respect to all those fighting the war in Iraq, i would have to say that those soldiers WAY over stepped their boundaries. They have the right to exercise force when dealing with looters, but they should make sure its proportional to the crime comitted. They should have ESPECIALLY been careful seeing as cameras were around to film the big bad US beat up on the poor innocent Iraqi's, (thats not how i think of it, but how the world will percieve the footage). Of course they see things that are horrible over there, but that does not give them the right to crush someone's "workplace", they are soldiers for exactly that reason, they are trained to handle the immense stress of war. Im sure everyday, soldiers deal with looters in the correct manner, and that this is not the norm... but its clear that those hooligans of soldiers should have known better. Once, again, just my opinion, not meant to offend anyone.

JUNKY
May 4th, 2004, 09:59 AM
I completely agree. The world looks on our people with the strictest of views. A team of SEALS or Rangers acting like this in a dark alley with no cameras areound with qualified bad guys, yeah, I think it woul dbe justifyiable to do damn near anything, but int his situation, what you saw were a couple of soldiers with attitudes showing off for the camera.

Especially the "boyz n tha hood" shootout with the evil front window of the car.

LA_MERC_goose
May 4th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Ok, I didn't see any weapons on the men of Iraq, nor did I see a canon mounted to the top of the car. So, can someone explain to me the purpose of 1) shooting the car and 2) destroying the car with the tank for roughly ten pieces of 2x4 that were louted. Come one guys, use your brains! You know, the part of your body that is in your head, that the DI's messed with for sixteen weeks during basic .....

Captain
May 4th, 2004, 03:04 PM
things like that are all that those people understand though LoL

NoXiOuS
May 5th, 2004, 04:58 PM
they said they tell the iraqis not too loot and they do it anyways.
yeah, it wasn't the smartest thing to do, but what got me was the narrators last statement, "THe car was a taxi, and it was his livelyhood..."
well, he shouldnt of broken the law.....

its like if a crack-dealers stash and house gets burned down by SWAT, and he goes on TV saying "all that crack was my life, they burnt it all" well, dont break the law.

[uGa] Saint
May 5th, 2004, 05:23 PM
interesting how you equate a crack dealer and his "stash" with a taxi driver and his cab... i think the point is that punishment should fit the crime, six pieces of lumber equals your cab being demolished?? I guess if the taxi driver taxi'd "stash" around it would be different... haha, jk, i respect your opinion, just givin ya grief.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==