PDA

View Full Version : Seatbelts

TruckGuy
April 29th, 2004, 12:29 PM
I may just be ranting here guys, but S.C.'s law makers are trying to pass a law where they can pull you just for not wearing your seatbelt. I understand the importance of the seatbelt, and buckle up every time i get behind the wheel. I just dont see how lawmakers can tell you you have to wear a seatbelt when you are sitting in a 3 to 5000 lb. car, with sheetmetal all the way around you, but you dont have to wear a helmet on a 700 lb. crotch rocket. As i said before, i believe in the use of seatbelts, and i also believe in the use of helmets, i personally wouldnt ride a bike without one. By the way, if you ever ride with Yellowdog in a car, its probably a good idea to bring along a helmet.

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 29th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Well, as I have seen pictures of the before and after Yellowdog ride, I would be inclined to agree.

As for the seatbelt law, I believe Louisiana has such a law. Look at it as a way to generate revenue off the idiotic. People that don't wear helmets when riding motorcycles...well, they are idiotic too, but they don't get pulled over.

Maximus
April 29th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Hey, here in Texas, it's law, but it hasn't really been strictly enforced until the "Buckle up Texas" campaigns that have been running for the past few months to a year. Now, every six months or so, the cops sit under the underpasses checking seatbelts and give tickets accordingly...

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 29th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Helmets... You dont need no stinking Helmet!
You ride with me a Helmet aint going to do you a bit of good!
Five point harness might help though!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
April 29th, 2004, 06:10 PM
I agree, they shouldn't be able to stop your for it!
I think seatbelts are important, and all that, but you ARE intitled too your privacy, and everyone old enough to drive should be old enough to decide if they want to buckle up or not...just my $0.02

LA_MERC_JESTER
April 30th, 2004, 06:43 AM
Humm, this thread cursed me. I got pulled over for it! $25.00 fine.

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 30th, 2004, 06:47 AM
hahahahah...police hax! lmao

LA_MERC_Spark
April 30th, 2004, 06:47 AM
LMAO @ Jester!! After Tech's post you shoulda kept that a secret!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 30th, 2004, 10:06 AM
It's been a law in Maryland for 6 years or so. IMO it's just another reason for cops to pull you over so they can check you out. My friend was pulled over at 3AM b/c the cop said he saw he didn't have a seatbelt on. They were driving by each other in a zone were the speed limit is 55, if he saw that he was g00000d! In reality my friend got a DUI, but he didn't get a seatbelt fine, since it was on.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==