PDA

View Full Version : Could you imagine a Republican party group running this ad?

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 13th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Can you imagine someone saying this about a Democrat? About Kerry? Or Sharpton?!? It makes me sick and shows their true colors. They can't even be intellectually honest with themselves, how can you trust them with you?

Here's the link:

http://www.drudgereport.com/rc7r.htm

Here's the text:

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX TUE APRIL 13, 2004 12:12:05 ET XXXXX

CAMPAIGN RAGE: FLORIDA DEMOCRATS PLACE NEWSPAPER AD CALLING FOR RUMSFELD HIT; FUNDRAISING FOR KERRY

Campaign 2004 turns extreme in Florida with the placement of a newspaper ad calling for physical retribution against Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld!

"We should put this S.O.B. up against a wall and say 'This is one of our bad days,' and pull the trigger," the ad reads.

MORE

The call-to-arms fundraising ad, placed by the St. Petersburg Democratic Club in the current issue of the GABBER, a local St. Petersburg paper, asks readers to make an urgent donation to the John Kerry campaign.

Club Vice President Edna McCall told the DRUDGE REPORT Tuesday morning: "We want to get our country back. In Iraq, we're in deep trouble. If we don't try to get this situation cleared up, we are finished."

When asked if the ad was a challenge to inflict violence on Rumsfeld, McCall explained: "'Pull the trigger' means let Rumsfeld know where we stand, not to shoot him!"

"We are getting raped, and they are planning to steal the election again."

McCall said her club is in direct contact with John Kerry campaign.

"We're all working together."

The publisher of the GABBER says running the ad with the passage "pull the trigger" was a mistake that "slipped through" during the editing of this week's edition.

Developing...

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 13th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Holy crap...wonder how much of that will be on the news tonight...little to none, I imagine.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 13th, 2004, 04:23 PM
YUP.

roXet
April 22nd, 2004, 08:10 AM
people are idiots, equally on both sides of the party fence.

JUNKY
April 22nd, 2004, 06:08 PM
"pull the trigger" was an editing mistake, I'm sure they actually meant it to read something gentler, like "make him drop mustard gas on thousands of his own country's men, women and children" or "put him in a skyscraper and crash an airplane into it." that'll get someone's attention.

The problem is that Kerry's people had nothing to do with this ad. If I paid enough money I could get some paper somewhere to print a full page ad stating whatever I wanted to spout off.

Have any of you guys come out of a bar, or an event like a concert to find a little pamphlet on your car from Chick publishing? It's a religious group that is so far out there most of us would classify them as a cult - except for the fact that they are busy classifying everyone and everything other than themselves as a cult. (Yes it is my opinion, if you have a differing opinion, sorry, I'll get over it.)
www.chick.com/catalog/tractlist.asp

l00nies are everywhere, it's what you choose to believe that matters.

too bad most of the world only believes the mass press, and can't separate the wheat from the chaff.

[uGa] Saint
April 23rd, 2004, 11:24 AM
i agree with roxet and junky. People forget that both sides have the same aim of working to make this country a better place. Despite who we have in office, MOST of the decisions will be very similar due to how close both candidates are to the middle. I'm a poli sci major, and its interesting to see how often the public believes bogus claims coming from the fanatic left and right. just my opinion.

LA_MERC_Dirge
April 24th, 2004, 05:38 PM
hmm Interesting takes. How about how the Flroida State party has apologized for the ad, but the local group REFUSES to do so? TAnd the fringe stuff is true, but somehow, when you are associated with one of the two primary parties in the American Democracy, you can't be labeled a fringe group. ;p

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==