PDA

View Full Version : Check out this site...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
April 5th, 2004, 10:27 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/

It's a pictoral tour (by bike) of the Chernobyl "dead zone" in the former USSR...the site of a Nuclear meltdown in the spring of 1986...(my 6 th birthday - April 25th to be exact)...

Anyway - the pictures are awesome - it shows a deserted town, frozen in time, in the Communist USSR.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
April 5th, 2004, 10:56 AM
WOW!

It really is amazing to see this. Chernobyl being one of the biggest catastrophies in our lifetime. To see pictures before and after brings to realization how dangerous things that we create are. Everything has absorbed the radiation from the reactor for miles and miles. Without a dosimeter, you might is go ahead a write your will, because going near a firetruck could cause your irrepairable harm. Like this gal mentioned, the radiation here will never go away and those that were there...well, God Bless their souls and their following generations as they all have been affected. This was very tragic.

Good find Max....stuff like this has always intrigued me. I could not imagine tho, being able to be in a place so large, yet....so empty.

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 5th, 2004, 11:09 AM
wow...that's awesome. It's amazing to think that this was less than 20 years ago. Excellent find man!

LA_MERC_goose
April 5th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Good Find Max. Scary thought too!

I could not imagine tho, being able to be in a place so large, yet....so empty.
Sounds like bighead's cranial area! :D

LA_MERC_Sabre
April 5th, 2004, 11:24 AM
wow! I've never seen pics like that before. kinda looks like an episode of the twilight zone, but unfortunately these are real.

NoXiOuS
April 5th, 2004, 01:53 PM
reminds me of 28 Days later, id be scared of some mutated creatures coming after me. i mean, if something had survived, could it have been mutated?

but listening to the music i am listening to, and reading this site, is definately conuring up desolate imagery and feelings of hopelessness, this site is well done and adds a certain inhuman characteristic to the chernobyl accident.

Lt.Dan
April 5th, 2004, 06:16 PM
There was an HBO movie about it some 10 years ago, looked nothing like that, and did not detail that hundereds died within days if not hours after the explosion.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==