PDA

View Full Version : Our Prez!

LA_MERC_Sabre
March 22nd, 2004, 07:06 AM
This is an email I recieved from a respected leader in my church (ie, not fake). I guess this originally came from the person that signed the email?:

WHAT A GREAT PRESIDENT WE HAVE.........

> > > >

> > > > Message:

My first cousin, Shawn Kettler, and his wife, Suzanne, and

daughter, Laramie, lost their 6 year old son, Sam, in a drowning accident

this past Saturday (March 6th), outside Gatesville. They all live within a

few miles of the President's place in Crawford TX.

> > > >

Sam and a young friend of his were walking around a tank when the

mud gave way and Sam fell in the tank. The tank is a spring fed tank, and

Sam was sucked under the water into a "sink hole" where the spring came

into the tank. His little friend tried to get him out but was unable to

reach him, so he ran about 200 yards to his house and told his grandmother.

The grandmother called 911 then went to the tank, but was unable even to

see Sam.

> > > >

Sam's father and a volunteer fireman arrived first and began

diving into the tank but were unable to locate Sam (I believe they said the

water was about 10 feet deep). The Deputy Sheriff that received the 911

call was at the entrance to President Bush's ranch when the call came in. He told the Secret Service agents at the gate what was happening, and they, in turn, radioed the ranch house. President Bush told them to "Go - take

all the men and equipment you need and just go". He also sent his

personal physician and his helicopter over to the tank.

> > > >

> > > Sam was finally located and pulled from the water by one of the

Secret Service agents (I believe there were 5 agents there all total).

There was a faint pulse but they could not revive little Sam. President

Bush's doctor began working on him and they loaded him into the Presidential

helicopter and took him to Hillcrest Hospital in Waco. The doctors there

worked on him for awhile, but he had been under water for 45 minutes, so

there was really no hope for his recovery. And, had he survived, he

would never have been the same.

> > > >

Sam was truly a unique little boy who lived life to the fullest.

And he loved the fact that "George Bush, the President" had chosen to live

so close to his house.

> > > >

When the family went to the funeral home in Gatesville on Sunday to make

the arrangements, they were told everything had been paid for by an

anonymous donor. After much "detective" work, it is believed that

President Bush is that anonymous donor.

> > > >

I just wanted all of you to hear this story so you know what a true

gentleman our President is. And I ask that you pray for my family

as they deal with this tragedy. And,lastly, please pray for our country

and President Bush as he attempts to hold it all in place.

> > > >

Don't ever forget to tell everyone close to you and possibly, some

Of those not so close, how much you love them. Tell them everyday because

life is short and very unpredictable.

> > > >

> > > > I love each of you.

> > > >

> > > > Debbie Barnes

> > > > Texas Cooperative Extension

> > > > District 8

> > > > 1229 N Hwy 281

> > > > Stephenville TX 76401

> > > > 254-968-4144 Ext. 212

> > > > 254-965-3759 Fax

> > > > [email protected]

Lt.Dan
March 22nd, 2004, 02:42 PM
That, if true, is really sad, not to be cynical or anything, but if that did truly happen it would have been the press media event of bushes life. There has to be a media clip somewhere or a newspaper article, something like that does not go unnoticed. Again not calling anyone names or saying that someone is not telling the truth, but this story coming out this close to election time and without any real proof, sounds like someone is just trying to get a few extra votes. If it is true though, it worked, he would have my vote. :iwo

Lt.Dan
March 22nd, 2004, 02:53 PM
found this obituary on Samual kettler, it is about half way down the page, still not sure if this is ture or not.

http://www.cliftonrecord.com/obits.asp

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 22nd, 2004, 04:50 PM
Well, according to break the chain, it is mostly correct! :D

http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/bushkettler.html

Here's the short version:
The piece above was written by Shawn Kettler's first cousin and accurately describes the circumstances behind little Sam's tragic death. Here are the facts, according to an Associated Press report:

Sam Kettler was walking with his grandfather near President Bush's Crawford, Texas, ranch on March 6, 2004, when he fell into a stock pond.

Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) troopers and Secret Service agents from the Bush ranch two miles away responded to the 9-1-1 call.

When it was revealed that the local fire department did not have the scuba equipment needed to effectively find Sam, the Ranch's special response team was called in.

Ten military medics and secret service agents arrived and a Secret Service diver recovered Sam.

A blackhawk helicopter from Bush's ranched ferried Sam to the Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center while rescuers performed CPR. Unfortunately, Sam was pronounced dead on arrival.
However, the fact that the funeral was financed by an anoymous donor has not yet been verified and the assertion that the benefactor was President Bush is conjecture on the part of the author and has not been confirmed in any independent reports.

-FA- ManiacalClown
March 26th, 2004, 05:29 PM
here's some more details from the guys at snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/funeral.asp

It's mostly true, yes, but Bush did not donate the money for the funeral.

Blue
April 7th, 2004, 01:46 PM
I am even more impressed that the President did not make a big press release out of it. It shows tact, something lacking in a lot of political campaigns.

Lt.Dan
April 7th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Nothing against President Bush, but he probably did not even know about the situation, not until it was over anyways, there was no reason for him to know. It had nothing to do with national security and anyways President Bush was Negotiating with Mexican President Vicente Fox the entire time he was at his ranch. DPS troopers and Secret Service agents stationed at Bush's ranch two miles from the pond heard an emergency call and came to help, they are the heroes here. This entire thing had nothing to do with President Bush, it was not like he ordered them to go and help. They went to help because a distress call went out. I am not a Bush basher or anything like that but this article has gotten blown way out of context. Give credit where it is do, and credit belongs to the DPS and Secret Service agents who tired to save a child’s life.

I am even more impressed that the President did not make a big press release out of it. It shows tact, something lacking in a lot of political campaigns.

IT was the press who did not make a big deal out of this, not President Bush. The Media chooses what it will and will not show and they Deemed this a sad story that did not need to be blasted across the TV. Again it was the media who was being tact here.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==