March 20th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Wohoo!
:nam:

LA_MERC_Mercy
March 20th, 2004, 08:52 AM
damn...knew i should have bought that one also yesterday...oh well

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
April 19th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Playing this game was great at Armageddon. Definitely a change of pace from CS. Glad we have a server for this now.....hopefully there will be some activity there.

LA_MERC_Diesel
April 20th, 2004, 05:59 AM
yeah it runs smoother Cap, not CS smooth but better than DC or BF1942
the choppers and planes are easier to control, but with heatseeking missles,
the air is a dangerous place to hang around.
much more infantry combat than DC, as was true to the era, tanks are helpful, but they will not last long, too many hiding spots.

Guys get on Teamspeak and lets have some fun...w00t!

Captain
April 20th, 2004, 06:08 AM
ok so who all has this game and how does it Rank up against Desert COmbat??

LA_MERC_LaTech
April 20th, 2004, 06:45 AM
Ok, I just bought this yesterday. Was going to run through the single player missions, but they don't exist!!! Gonna have to do instant combat for a while to figure it all out.

Cap, figure 1942 with faster vehicles, bigger guns and slightly better graphics. Oh, and music plays when you are in the vehicles...true to the era music at that.

LA_MERC_Onji
April 20th, 2004, 07:17 AM
I bought it yesterday as well, it should arrive in about 2 days

LA_MERC_Yankee
April 20th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Looks like I'll have to buy it as well. Was able to play at the LAN but apparently my copy only works in Monroe. :)

LA_MERC_Andyconda
May 7th, 2004, 03:11 PM
This game rocks. I play it almost every night now. I love the sever we have we just need to try and get more activity. Fun Fun Fun, get into team speak when you play.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
May 7th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Dirge, Diesel and I played a little last night :)

Onji pointed me to a new patch to be out soon

http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/vietnam/us/editorial.jsp?src=community_update_07

LA_MERC_Diesel
May 7th, 2004, 03:25 PM
yep we had some fun last night
now we just need to all get together on our server so we can get some guys on there.

LA_MERC_Spark
May 7th, 2004, 03:33 PM
:^( no students...no money... no game fo meh!

Element|CS Goonit
May 9th, 2004, 08:06 PM
i like this game....but there is only one drawback. and that's the way too heavily armed american class. i mean they get an m60 AND a choice of a LAW rocket launcher OR an m-79 (?) grenade launcher....that just seems way to cheap for me and it makes every single map too unbalanced. wish they would come out with an update to change that

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
May 9th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Goonit, read the news on the upcoming BF:Vietnam patch. I think it addresses the issue you stated.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
May 11th, 2004, 11:34 AM
I own as a slant eye. You need the AK. Let me know when you guys plan on playing again. I love flying the Huey around and listening to Fortunate Son by CCR. Last week Dirge and I were in playing and he manned the door gunner while i flew around. We had a VC Helo giving us hell and I did all I could to avoid him and before I knew it Robby had shot'em down from the door gunner position. Koodoos to the Dirgester. Some folks are born, made to wave the flag
Ooh they're red white and blue.
And when the band plays "Hail to the chief"
Ooh they point the cannon at you Lord

It ain't me it ain't me I ain't no senator's son son.
It ain't me it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one no
Yeah!

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand
Lord don't they help themselves oh.
But when the taxman comes to the door
Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yes,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no millionaire's son, no.
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no.

Some folks inherit star spangled eyes,
Ooh, they send you down to war, Lord,
And when you ask them, "How much should we give?"
Ooh, they only answer More! more! more! yoh,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no military son, son.
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, one.
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no no no,
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate son, no no no

LA_MERC_Diesel
May 11th, 2004, 11:53 AM
LMAO, I can play tonight around 8:30-9 if you are around big A.
yeah lets go meesin up the rice patties tonight,
umm that lead will make the rice so flavorful.
:nam:

Daedelus
May 11th, 2004, 12:43 PM
oh i have been playing it sience it came out sort of distracts me from my CS time lol.
but yeah i love the game never have been to good with the air planes my mouse makes it feel wierd and helos cant really get them off the ground so i usually door gun way fun. i mostly like to play the engineer class setting booby traps and mortar fire.
the only thin gi havnt figure out how to use the shovel to put out the tunnles (spawn)
i prefer the viet cong not sure why but the ak rocks.
oh also i love the music and songs fantastic wish i could get sound track or pull them off the CD. how do you get team speak and set it up ahead of time so you know whos using what channel. when i used to use rodger wilco we used to post ahead of time that we were going to play and what channel to join in at. does this work the same?

LA_MERC_Onji
May 11th, 2004, 01:04 PM
...how do you get team speak and set it up ahead of time so you know whos using what channel. when i used to use rodger wilco we used to post ahead of time that we were going to play and what channel to join in at. does this work the same?

http://www.lamerc.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7264

LA_MERC_LaTech
May 11th, 2004, 01:28 PM
I would play...but am still having video card hax. I just ordered myself a new card. By Friday, I'll be back up and running.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
May 22nd, 2004, 10:40 AM
Server has been updated with the 1.01 patch

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==