PDA

View Full Version : Heatsink/fans

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
February 23rd, 2004, 01:08 PM
I was wondering what everyone's take was on some of the heatsink/fan combo's on the market today. I'm about to try some overclocking and I've been informed that a stock fan isn't exactly the best for OC'ing. So without further ado give me your opinions and reviews please.

LA_MERC_goose
February 23rd, 2004, 02:43 PM
One with lots of Aluminum and a really big fan! :D J/J!

I've been wanting to replace mine too but I haven't had time to go look. Mine is the fan and heatsink that I got with the processor and I'm sure it's doing it's job but I'm sure it could use replacing since it's over a year old.

roXet
February 23rd, 2004, 03:09 PM
I don't think you can go wrong with Thermaltake or Coolermaster. If you want to go high end, get a Zalman. What you have to figure out is the best compromise of how well it cools your cpu to how freakin' lound the thing is. =)

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 23rd, 2004, 03:22 PM
First, start here: http://www.overclockers.com/articles373/

If you have any questions, read those pages again.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
February 23rd, 2004, 03:58 PM
I want to keep it fairly quiet b/c my fans are going to be under 30 decibals and my case is on my desktop so it's pretty close to my ears. Thanks for your help guys, I'm OC'ed my 2500 to 2800 and my temps are still good. But I want to OC it a little more so I think I'm going to need a better heatsink. Just hope I can find one that doesn't sound like a jet plane.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
February 23rd, 2004, 04:18 PM
Looks like I'm going with the fan I originally picked a while ago after reading some reviews of it.

Vantec Aeroflow TMD $25 and 38 decibals at 3 feet from the fan.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-110-007&catalog=62&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1

Wratt
February 23rd, 2004, 08:21 PM
they make a liquid cool unit for most systems now for about $100 bucks..it rocks but i havent got one yet ..i plan too soon tho..

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==