PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR

LA_MERC_goose
February 23rd, 2004, 08:03 AM
I'm a fan a NASCAR and mostly the Winston / Nextel Cup series but the Busch Series has been getting more and more of my attention lately with some really good drivers coming up through the ranks. I don't enjoy watching the Nextel Series guys running in the Busch series because it takes away from the guys who make their living running that series year round. I will say that the Nextel Cup guys come up with some of the better quote, like this one from Robby Gordon talking about his and Kevin Harvick's relationship on track

"He told me I was No. 1," Gordon said. "But we do that every week, so it doesn't really matter. Every week he tells me I'm No. 1."

Got to love these guys who get paid major dollars to drive fast cars in really big circles! :D

Wratt
February 23rd, 2004, 08:32 PM
did you catch the dale ernhart jr. win recently he got two.. 300 and 500 i believe..i watch on occasion but dont like watching the whole race..too boring..i ply cs instead and check race in between rounds...:P

LA_MERC_goose
February 24th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Junior didn't do too bad for week one: winning both the Busch and Nextel Cup races at Daytona. Week two he also did pretty good, places fifth at a track that has never been real nice to him. I say he's gonna have a good year - as long as he can stay out of the wall.

TruckGuy
March 27th, 2004, 10:44 AM
does anybody else think maybe dei has something fishy going on in their restrictor plate program?

Daedelus
March 28th, 2004, 01:54 PM
ive been a big fan of nascar for awhile now and was a big time supporter of Dale Sr. and then sort of switched to hollywood (jeff gordon) because he seemed like the under dawg fitting in with all the rednecks haha or the old school ways i should say having to hail from the south and all to be accepted but once Dale Sr. died it was a great loss for the sport and i started supporting Dale Jr because he was good/young /full of talent and man the uniforms jackets etc are way cool looking, i also like that he a big time avid gamer and see him all the time at the E-3 shows and on G-4 tv etc. i thought how cool a sport star that loves his gaming. oh and i forgot to say he plays nascar 4 on the pc under sassummed name all the time, now would that be a blast playing with
a famous football or baseball player online in his sport.

LA_MERC_Dirge
March 28th, 2004, 01:59 PM
NASCAR...

You wanna impress me? MAke a right hand turn! lol jk :stick

LA_MERC_YellowDog
March 28th, 2004, 05:02 PM
I have made those left hand turns on a local track for 3 strong seasons in a "bomber class" I know that this may sound easy but I can contest to anyone that it is not easy. Your car is set up to do one thing turn left, and they do it very hard. In open course racing your cars are set to meet a happy medium between lefts and rights, therefor the car isnt the best at either one, It takes a lot of nerve, and a good bit of insanity to go into a left turn where your not sure the guy beside you can hold it or not cause you are on the edge of losing control the entire time.

In Short its an ADRENALIN rush like you have never exsperienced before unless you have driven in a local round track race.

LA_MERC_goose
March 31st, 2004, 01:47 PM
does anybody else think maybe dei has something fishy going on in their restrictor plate program?

I say the Sr. put a lot of time and money into gettting the best of the best and it shows.

And now they want to pentalized Jr. for causing a caution to keep from going a lap down! Lets see I get more money if I finish up front than I do for finishing deep in the pack ..... my car is not handling well ..... he's on my tail .... SPIN THE CAR AROUND! QUICK! :D LOL

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
April 13th, 2004, 11:12 AM
ok I'm a little late on posting in this but I LOVE DALE ERNHART JR!!!! he is the best!!!! :drive

Jeff Gordon :moon1: :p:

-FA- ManiacalClown
April 23rd, 2004, 07:37 PM
NASCAR...

You wanna impress me? MAke a right hand turn! lol jk :stick

Watch them at Infineon (Sears Point) or Watkin's Glen.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==