PDA

View Full Version : People on server (8:45EST)

aCiD
February 13th, 2004, 06:55 AM
I was playing this morning around that time stayed about 45mins. In that time we played deaglefactory. Now i can take people talking a lot or just singing. I mean i sing sometimes because i know yall love it, but thats NOT the point :D. But for real tho, we were playing deaglefac, and EVERY other one of those KIDS was cussing. Now i know they feel big when no one else in there house can hear them, and they start using dirty words. Heck i do, BUT NOT ON THE MIC! If you HAVE to say it, DON'T SAY IT ON THE MIC. Ya know? I tried NICELY a lot of times to ask them to stop and they presisted on doing it. I just got fed up and left. Most people who know me, ima mild temperd person, and i say that because it usually dosen't bother me, but THEY would not stop and then, on top of cussing, THEY HAD A SMART MOUTH! I was like OH NO YOU DIDNT! So before i said something i would have regreted and probably would have gotten me sued by all the lil 10 year olds playing this morning i left. I mean, im not complaining, its just gettin to the point where the people who LIKE to keep a clean server and NOT hack and all that cant find one. I rememeber when i could get on Merc and i knew everyone but now, its people I HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE, and they all cuss and its just irratating. Just thought i would let you all know.. Or maybe an Admin could get on about this time and see what im talking about.. Its ridiculous. Thanks.

-aCiD- :dance

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 13th, 2004, 07:04 AM
aCiD,

If you can get SteamId's and screen names, someone will take care of it remotely. Most of us are at work now and are unable to connect to the server, but we can do damage to those that are.

:)

LaTech

aCiD
February 13th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Okay, will do.

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 13th, 2004, 07:16 AM
there is always a way!

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
February 13th, 2004, 07:33 AM
If its that bad, along with the steam id's, record a demo. The demo will record everything that they are saying over the mic.

Also, I keep hearing that same comment over and over about how once this server used to be a good server and now its gone to the dogs. Well, this server has not changed. There wouldn't even be anyone in the server at this time of day during the times you are thinking of and there is NO WAY we can control what comes out of the mouth of every single person that logs into the server. I guess we could password the server and make people fill out applications in order to get the password to connect but I really do not see that happening. In short, if an admin is not around, record a demo and get screenshots of infractions/steam id's and send the info to an admin (all of our admins are listed on the members page with email addresses and other contact info). Then if it upsets you to that point, log out of the server until it is taken care of. Last of note, remember, there is always a mute button if you drop console and click on player list.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
February 13th, 2004, 10:35 AM
I guess you kinda have to be in his shoes understand what acid is talking about. I love the game :) but I know what you mean about those people. I find myself leaving instead of muting, when I SHOULD be taking screen shots and making sure they do not abuse the server anymore.. I know I needa work on that.. Infact there is a guy that cussed me out over voice and text, and he still playin on our server today.. I though I took a screen shot, but I guess not. Anyway I know what you mean acid. Kinda easy for an admin to say "mute, take a demo, or leave' because they can kick them and not have to deal with it.. I dunno, maybe I'm just lazy :p haha But I will try harder though to get some people.

CajunTech
February 13th, 2004, 10:56 AM
I never really run into that problem (haven't played the last few days tho). Most of the time I play either an admin is and handles it, or nonadmins and server regulars start spamming the "Watch Language" message.

I might get the wife to play a lil in the mornings and show her how to record demos.. She just started working for me, so maybe I can tell her it's work related hehe :)

LA_MERC_MadMAX
February 13th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Well, it doesn't take but a second to snap a SS and drop console to copy the steam ID's. Everybody also has different tolorance levels as well - the only thing that really lights my fire is going around the word filter- anybody can let a word slip over the mic in the heat of a game, but to deliberately put spaces in words or use crative spellings is the one thing that lights me, and causes me to take a screenie or something, but really, that is few and far between. Since the KEGS have gone away, things have gotten back to normal on the server IMHO, and if you pub around a bit, you will see that we really DO have an awesome server!

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
February 13th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_EndOfBeginninG
easy for an admin to say "mute, take a demo, or leave' because they can kick them and not have to deal with it..

I resent that comment, I've spent more time demo'ing, watching people to make sure they are not cheating and banning those who were than you can even imagine. If you can't take 1/10 of a second to hit F5 to snap a screenshot or take 3 seconds to drop console and type "record demo" then you have no room to complain. I won't go any further than that even though I could say more.

CajunTech
February 13th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Speaking of Steam IDs... I Know this will sound noobish, but how do I find them?

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
February 13th, 2004, 12:18 PM
CajunTech, if, while you are in game, drop console and type "status", it will give you a list of players with their associated steam id's

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 13th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Hey CajunTech Dont think you are the only NooB in the game I had to ask the same question to Mavrick....LOL

eNdOfBeGinNinG
February 13th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
I resent that comment, I've spent more time demo'ing, watching people to make sure they are not cheating and banning those who were than you can even imagine. If you can't take 1/10 of a second to hit F5 to snap a screenshot or take 3 seconds to drop console and type "record demo" then you have no room to complain. I won't go any further than that even though I could say more. Yea I kinda figured you would toby.. But know what, its a friday, work is almost out, and i'm in an allaround good mood. So I am not gunna argue about it. We all know you admins do more then any of us could possiably know about, and we let you know that, and we thank ya for it too. But in this case I was not talkin about cheating, or viewing demos, was talking about language abuser. And yes, its annoying when I have to take a screen shot, leave my game time, and post it up to take up more of your time.. when this person will prob not play on the server after that map anyway.. But like I said further down on my other post, i'm going to try and help more instead of ignoring it like usual. :d:

eNdOfBeGinNinG
February 13th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_MadMAX
Well, it doesn't take but a second to snap a SS and drop console to copy the steam ID's. Everybody also has different tolorance levels as well - the only thing that really lights my fire is going around the word filter- anybody can let a word slip over the mic in the heat of a game, but to deliberately put spaces in words or use crative spellings is the one thing that lights me, and causes me to take a screenie or something, but really, that is few and far between. Since the KEGS have gone away, things have gotten back to normal on the server IMHO, and if you pub around a bit, you will see that we really DO have an awesome server!
That really just says it all.. I love our server, I have never played on a better server then this before.. can I can bet money that I will never find another server betten then here. acid prob just left the game and posted this while he was annoyed, like most of us do :p So it comes out worse then it is. But I do agree, now that KEGS have cut down server is just as good as it was before.. There will always be rude people, just up to us to either ignore, or help get rid of them.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
February 13th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_EndOfBeginninG
Yea I kinda figured you would toby.. But know what, its a friday, work is almost out, and i'm in an allaround good mood. So I am not gunna argue about it. We all know you admins do more then any of us could possiably know about, and we let you know that, and we thank ya for it too. But in this case I was not talkin about cheating, or viewing demos, was talking about language abuser. And yes, its annoying when I have to take a screen shot, leave my game time, and post it up to take up more of your time.. when this person will prob not play on the server after that map anyway.. But like I said further down on my other post, i'm going to try and help more instead of ignoring it like usual. :d: even though you have read it, i'ma take this back. You admins do a lot for us and you don't need some smart arese guy (me) putting you down. I read over it all, and toby you are right. If i can't take the time to help our clan server, then I need to check myself. I'm sorry for the comment I made about the admins, and you know I think highly of you guys because you always help me when I am introuble.. Not sure what was wrong with me earlier, but i'll re-re-read my post before hitting that darn submit button. Again sorry for my nubbish attitude.

IamTylerDurden
February 13th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Well actually I do think Toby came off a bit hot.. more so on Acid than anyone else. I mean this isn't his clan (yet) and by getting out to let you guys know what was going on, I completely feel like he was doing more than his part.. he could have joined in, but he wants a clean server as well, also he never bashed the server or said that it was going to crap because of anybody falling down on the job, he was just saying that people are taking advantage of the times that admins can't be in... Then Toby, you did come off hot on EoB too, but not as bad at all because we can talk like that to each other... weve known each other for sometime now and we know our attitudes, but Toby, be gentle on the guests man!... as far as Brandon though... dude.. learn to use the edit button!!! LOL... You could have made it go away as quickly as it appeared! LMAO!!!

eNdOfBeGinNinG
February 13th, 2004, 03:01 PM
lol i didn't edit simply because if people read it and the I go back and edit it.. looks like I was trying to cover up for something, and at work sometimes when people post it takes awhile for it to show up, so it would have prob messed up thier post too.. hey you home? lets play some UT!

IamTylerDurden
February 13th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Nah.. ill be ready about 9 or 10.. just keep ICQ up!

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
February 13th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by AciD
its just gettin to the point where the people who LIKE to keep a clean server and NOT hack and all that cant find one. I rememeber when i could get on Merc and i knew everyone but now, its people I HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE, and they all cuss and its just irratating. Just thought i would let you all know..

Tyler, That is what I was referring to as the "type" of comment that is made pretty often. Its in more than one place in the forums by more than one person if you care to search it out. There are a few people that went off on this subject, even in the private forums. If I seemed hot with aCiD, my apologies. I wanted to state the proper procedures for people to take if they want an issue, that really bothers them, resolved. That is the best I could do at the time, unless you guys want to pay me by the hour, then I could make sure I'm available to log into the server at call to resolve issues with players. :)

A simple "There are players using abuse language on the server" would have been just as effective. I guess I tend to give a more direct response when people rant on about how it was/is now. Even without the rant, I would have still stated the steps on how to get the issue resolved when there is no admin present.

As far as eob, yes, I did take offense to it at first. Its easy for an admin to hand out requirements to get an issue resolved but since they are admins, they just handle it right away if they are on the server. While yes, I do require some type of "demo/screenshot" to cover my own butt, I also take time out of what ever I'm doing to log onto the server to make my own 30 minute demo, to watch and listen to the language being used, to listen to complaints, and to handle all other situations that my arise when its asked of me. The same goes for all other admins. So while yes, it might be easier to handle while we are there, we still get the required info to keep other admins abreast of whats happening/happened on the server and post in the admin forums about it and when we are not on the server, its not so easy.. as if it were easy either way.

EOB, thank you for making your other post. It makes it a hell of a lot easier to keep the server clean if others pitch in to help, weither its members or regulars.

P.S. I came off mild, only a few have ever seen me come off hot to someone ;)

IamTylerDurden
February 13th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Toby makes my nipples hard! and we both know your always hot!!

=)

aCiD
February 13th, 2004, 08:10 PM
:laugh:

LA_MERC_MadMAX
February 13th, 2004, 08:16 PM
You don't have to get smart about it...

Just take a screenie if it's in text chat - get thier steam ID's as well...if they are abusing mic chat, start a demo and capture it...That's all we ask big guy :D

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==