PDA

View Full Version : Its finally official!

LA_MERC_Onji
February 10th, 2004, 07:25 AM
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/news/2004/02/news20040210.html
http://edition.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/10/film.starwars.reut/index.html
http://dvdtalk.com/
http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=3382
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-video/archive/2004/02_10.html

Star Wars Trilogy Officially Announced on DVD
It's the big DVD announcement you've all been waiting for: Lucasfilm and Twentieth Century Fox have announced the DVD Release for Star Wars Trilogy DVD on September 21st. This special 4 disc box set will include the three 'original' Star Wars movies (Star Wars IV: A New Hope, Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi) presented in THX Anamorphic Widescreen and Dolby Digital-EX. Each film will be released in the 'Special Edition' version (including the changes made to the films for their theatrical re-release in 1997) and feature audio commentary by George Lucas and select members of the cast and crew. In addition to the three features the box set will also feature a fourth disc including making-of documentaries and features for the 3 films as well as a 2 hour documentary including never-before-seen footage. There will NOT be an option to view the films in their original theatrical version and the films will not be sold individually. Exact pricing for the set, specific disc extras and an official pre-order date to be announced in the weeks ahead.

LA_MERC_Dirge
February 10th, 2004, 07:34 AM
OOOOOO

Dolby-Digital EX!!!!!

/me feels sorry for my neighbors!!!!!

w00t w00t

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 10th, 2004, 07:49 AM
AAAAAH!!! w00t!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 10th, 2004, 08:19 AM
OMG, NOW I'LL HAVE 3 VERSIONS OF THE TRILOGY
ORIGINAL, RE-MASTERED, AND NOW DVD...W00T!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_Mercy
February 10th, 2004, 09:16 AM
man sabre you suck...i will have all four versions...orginal, THX, Re-mastered, and the dvds once they come out...plus i have a taped copy of them off HBO from about 10years ago...:D oh i also have both the phantom menance and clone wars on dvd also..

another little tidbit of information..there are rumors that the last 3 episodes will also be made into movies, but probably not directed by Lucas...the main candidate to direct is supposed to be Stephen Speilberg...which i think would do a dang good job on them...well that is the rumors anyway...

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
February 10th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Me wants! Me wants!

LA_MERC_Maverick
February 10th, 2004, 11:34 AM
w00t! hehehe..i have a secret....

I ALREADY OWN THE SPECIAL EDITION STAR WARS TRILOGY ON DVD!!!! :D

but I would love to have the official release with all the extras

LA_MERC_goose
February 10th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Mav's a boon! He cheated! :|

LA_MERC_Diesel
February 10th, 2004, 11:38 AM
HAX!!!!!

LA_MERC_Sabre
February 10th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Mercy
man sabre you suck...i will have all four versions...orginal, THX, Re-mastered, and the dvds once they come out...plus i have a taped copy of them off HBO from about 10years ago...:D oh i also have both the phantom menance and clone wars on dvd also..

another little tidbit of information..there are rumors that the last 3 episodes will also be made into movies, but probably not directed by Lucas...the main candidate to direct is supposed to be Stephen Speilberg...which i think would do a dang good job on them...well that is the rumors anyway...

oops, i forgot about the THX version. ok that makes 3 vhs sets, plus i have the phantom menace on vhs. Ima wait for the trilogy for the first 3 movies b4 i buy the dvd's. :(

'mainly cause mesa have no money :(

Omega_Prime
February 10th, 2004, 01:14 PM
nice very nice, now our training will be complete once episode III hits theaters. and i really hope they make a sequeal to the OT, i cant get enough of star wars, and if you think about it mark hamil and the rest of the gang are about the right age for the story and they could always focus the story around luke and leias kids.

SnAkEbItE
February 10th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Nah you all suck... I have the org 3 in individual release I also have from Starwars to Return of Jedi behind the scenes. I have ep 1-2 on dvd but the big kicker is...I have the org 3 in LaserDisk Set that when I bought it serveral years back was 250.00 it's like a 8 disk 7 disk set

aCiD
February 10th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Oh yea?? , well i have episode 1 2 3 4 5 annnd 6... Yea what?? what?? can i get a whooop whooop!! yea its when darth vader gets an extra life and hax all the storm tropers and darth maul and him become drug lords.. kind of like scare face in a 39century type of way ya know? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Omega_Prime
February 10th, 2004, 05:30 PM
i dont think star wars takes place int he 39th century if you ever watch the start of the films it clearly says " A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far Far Away..."

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 10th, 2004, 05:36 PM
yeah, more like a -10th century, if you ask me...
but nowhere near here.

aCiD
February 10th, 2004, 06:40 PM
er they lied to you all..my grandparents lived a long time ago ina galaxy far far away.. and they never said anything about lasers or flying ships :p: come to think of it.. they still kind of "live" ina galaxy far away :p:

JUNKY
February 10th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Maverick
w00t! hehehe..i have a secret....

I ALREADY OWN THE SPECIAL EDITION STAR WARS TRILOGY ON DVD!!!! :D

but I would love to have the official release with all the extras

I do too, have had them for a while -- but if you have the same ones I have, then they're not true anamorphic widescreen, they're actually letterboxed, because the were professionally mastered off of the Asian release of the Special Edition Laserdiscs.

The visual quality is great, but true anamorphic would be better when viewed on a widescreen 16:9 TV.

JUNKY
February 10th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Omega_Prime
nice very nice, now our training will be complete once episode III hits theaters. and i really hope they make a sequeal to the OT, i cant get enough of star wars, and if you think about it mark hamil and the rest of the gang are about the right age for the story and they could always focus the story around luke and leias kids.

you all need to read the New Jedi Order Series -- it's exactly what Mike is describing. There's a new evil force in the Galaxy that kicks much arse, and they don't exist int he force, making it really hard for the Jedi to fight them, plus they're a race of super-warriors.

And the Solo Children, Jacen, and Jania Solo (Twins), and their Younger Brother Anakin Solo, all are Jedi Knights, and all have very significant roles. Luke and his wife, Mara Jade Skywalker (I can point her out to you in the Return of the Jedi.), have an infant son they they name Ben. All of the main characters are in their late 40's - 50's which does make all of them the perfect age in real life.

Start with the R. A. Salvatore book, Vector Prime -- actually--I have it in digital format -- ...hmmm--lemme see if I can make an iso of the disc, and I might be able to get it set up on a FTP server so that you can download the book and just read it in Adobe Acrobat.

JUNKY
February 10th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by AciD
Oh yea?? , well i have episode 1 2 3 4 5 annnd 6... Yea what?? what?? can i get a whooop whooop!! yea its when darth vader gets an extra life and hax all the storm tropers and darth maul and him become drug lords.. kind of like scare face in a 39century type of way ya know? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Time to pull this link back out --- wait for it to load big file...

Star Wars Gangsta Rap (http://www.adrenalnjunky.com/media/gangsta_ad.exe)

Maximus
February 10th, 2004, 08:52 PM
OMG, I can finally eat again!

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 11th, 2004, 05:32 AM
The most requested films for the DVD format will finally become a reality this September as Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox present the eagerly-awaited Star Wars Trilogy for the ultimate home entertainment format. The four-disc collection will be released on September 21 in the U.S. and Canada, with international release dates following closely.

"We know how long fans have waited for this release and how much they have been looking forward to it, so everyone has been working overtime to make sure that the Star Wars Trilogy on DVD is an awesome experience," said Jim Ward, Vice President of Marketing and Distribution for Lucasfilm Ltd. and the DVD collection's Executive Producer.

Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and Episode VI: Return of the Jedi will be available in a four-disc set that includes a bonus disc filled with all-new special features -- including the most comprehensive feature-length documentary ever produced about the Star Wars saga and never-before-seen footage from the making of all three films. Each of the three films in the Star Wars Trilogy has been digitally restored and re-mastered by THX for superior sound and picture quality.

"First and foremost, the DVDs will deliver the very best possible sound and picture and take advantage of everything the medium can offer. On top of that, we are creating added-value material that gets inside the creation of the Star Wars films in a fresh and fun way," Ward said. "We want watching this DVD collection to be as memorable as seeing the movies for the first time."

The films of the Star Wars Trilogy will be available exclusively as a collection and will feature Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround EX. All three films are closed-captioned and subtitled in English, French and Spanish in the U.S. Internationally, sound and subtitling specifications will vary by territory.

Keep checking starwars.com over the coming months for more specific details about the content of this must-own DVD set.

Omega_Prime
February 11th, 2004, 12:30 PM
o and i sign up for hyperspace on starwars.com i must say it is worth the price you pay if your a big star wars fan, ive seen all kinds of cool stuff including the hilt for darth sidious's lightsaber, and ive seen some bad arse pics of anakin turned evil, they still have yet to show the suit though although i have gotten to hear them talk about it.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==