LA_MERC Chatbox

Empty the chat input field
Loading ...
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Battlefield 2 Update v1.50 is Here!

As posted on Planet Battlefield...

The special announcement hinted at yesterday has been revealed, and as many guessed the Battlefield 2 booster packs are now free for everyone. Also announced is the release date, which is September 1st. Full changelog can be found below.

After nearly a year of development and three public beta tests Battlefield 2 v1.50 is ready for release. The update will be released on Tuesday 1st September at 5pm UK, 6pm Europe. Stay tuned for release announcement in the near future!

As part of Update 1.50 we are glad to announce that not only is Highway Tampa now a required install included in the update but Euro Forces (Great Wall, Taraba Quarry and Operation Smoke Screen) and Armored Fury (Midnight Sun, Operation Harvest and Operation Road Rage) is now FREE for all Battlefield 2 players. Including the brand new map, Operation Blue Pearl this brings EIGHT new maps that everyone can play and will be added to ranked Battlefield 2 servers world wide. The Booster Pack content is included in the update and has made the file just over 2Gb in size.

Server providers around the world will have access to the client file so find your closest host for best download speeds. To install Battlefield 2 Update v1.50 you must have Battlefield 2 updated to version 1.41 or Battlefield 2 Complete Collection from EA Store installed. Thank you to all of the EAUK Forums (http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-2/) members who have given feedback and requests during the development of this update. The full change log for Update 1.50 is as follows:

Features:

• Additional support for Windows Vista.
    • Added Highway Tampa as a required map.
    • Added a new map called Operation Blue Pearl.
    • Added Euro Force and Armored Fury as free to play content for all Battlefield 2 players.
    • Added Widescreen support
    • Allowed BF2.exe to use more than 2Gb RAM
    • Added support for the Novint Falcon controller (http://www.novint.com).

Gameplay Tweaks:

• Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced.
    • AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.
    • Added checks to prevent "runway grieving".
    • Various changes made to prevent cheating.
    • Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model.
    • Occasional connection drops after being on a server a couple of minutes - Fixed
    • Prevented use of mouse wheel to provide speed boost to vehicles
    • Prevented use of mouse wheel to exploit parachutes
    • Players can now pass claymores by going prone
    • Update the HUD on TV Guided missiles to increase visibility on maps like Dragon Valley
    • Added Battlefield 2142 style prone deviation (going prone will now cause reduced accuracy for a brief period)

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed the issue where picking up a players kit would cause CTD
    • Updated BF2OpenAL.dll from version 1.1.1.0 to version 2.1.8.1
    • Updated ch_gas_station collision mesh on Dragon Valley to be consistent with other gas station buildings
    • Fixed the issue where MEC artillery piece on Operation Clean Sweep changes to the USMC's control when they capture the Airfield flag
    • Updated the Challenger2 HUD to show the correct icon instead of the M1A2 HUD icon
    • Changed a PLA FAV to MEC FAV on Road to Jalalabad
    • Tweaked the artillery respawn time on Dragon Valley for to 360 seconds as other artillery uses
    • Included a delay after weapon switch for the Bizon (PP-19) to 0.666
    • Updated the F35B's lock delay to 1 second instead of 1.5 seconds to match other aircraft
    • Changed the Humvee camo on Taraba Quarry to be the correct design
    • Increased the splash damage of the UH-60 (Black Hawk) guns from 0.25 to 1.5
    • Updated the G36E HUD to react the same as other weapons during sprint

It's nice to see that they are releasing the booster packs (Armored fury and Euro) for free with the update. I have both of them, but it was a pain to get them working even if you owned them. More maps is a good thing.

If this happens like they say next week, it will be good for the BF2 community (especially with the announced delay of Bad Company 2 and BF1943 on the pc). I played some BF2 last night and had a good time. When it works, the game is fun. I did get a laugh out of the fact that it (the update) was originally promised to come out before Christmas 2008. Slightly late ey?

Thanks for the update Toby.

LA_MERC_YellowDog is offline In the words of ...Sam Raimi..."Give Me Some Sugar Baby!"

Cool

Now if we can all get back into it at the same time

Good to hear! Thanks for the post Toby! If you're in BF2 and not in the TS server, I'm not sure I would know anyone is in game, FYI.

Hopefully I can find some moments between school work and football practice to get in the Game!!! WOOT

Today is Sept 1st. Okay.. where's the goods EA? hand 'em over.

6. Quote Originally Posted by LA_MERC_DocSparky View Post
    Today is Sept 1st. Okay.. where's the goods EA? hand 'em over.
    its 12est apparently. whatever time that is for us lol

Are we there yet?? Please advise...

Links to the download are posted here.

I've got it downloading at home. At over 2GB, it might take a while. Seems a lot of people are after it. Might try a torrent as well. Post a torrent link if you have one.

9. Ok here is a local copy of the new v1.50 patch. no waiting:

BF2_Patch_1.50.exe (1.9g)

Remember, you have to be patched up to v1.41 before applying the v1.50 patch. here is a link to the full v1.41 if you need it:

BF2_Patch_1.41.exe (536mb)

I put them on the ftp too.

10. Quote Originally Posted by LA_MERC_Onji View Post
    Ok here is a local copy of the new v1.50 patch. no waiting:

BF2_Patch_1.50.exe (1.9g)

Remember, you have to be patched up to v1.41 before applying the v1.50 patch. here is a link to the full v1.41 if you need it:

BF2_Patch_1.41.exe (536mb)

I put them on the ftp too.
    Have I told you how much I love you man? Foresight for stoopid people like me.
    Do gay people have straightdars? - LaTech's Sister
    Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company. -Booker T. Washington

Anyone get to play BF2 last night? I did update my install, but didn't have the time to play. Any major changes that you noticed? Just curious if they nerfed anything.

No chance to get in last night.. Maybe tonight.

LA_MERC_YellowDog is offline In the words of ...Sam Raimi..."Give Me Some Sugar Baby!"

I got the file, maybe I can get to install it in a day or two.

I've had zero problems with BF2 on Vista the past 2 nights playing. No drops or crashes. It seems that things are better on that front. Gaming seems very, very similar. I haven't noticed that the 'going prone' changes really affect game play greatly one way or the other. I've been playing I/O, so it would be interesting to see if the armor jocks and pilots feel the same. I guess the only issue is that without a big squad of people on TS, it just the same old BF2. Not bad, but I've kind of gotten worn out on it. Looking forward to the next installment of the battlefield series.

Anybody else play it yet?

Thread Information