LA_MERC Chatbox

Empty the chat input field
Loading ...
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.

From EA re Stats.....

Lip service?? Anyway our hero's at EA are saying the right things, can they execute? Stay tuned....

Latest from EA/Violet...

We have identified the issue causing the recent stats issue that has affected a lot of Battlefield 2 players. Our planned fix will ensure that your current and ongoing stats are recorded. In the meantime, we are going to start seeing the stats being processed from the time of the outage. When this happens, over the course of a few days, you may see little to no relevant updates to you stats. This is not because any stats are lost or broken, and you should see normal processing continue once everyone's stats finish processing from that time and the stats are caught up.

Thank you for your patience the last couple of days. I'll let you know when we have further details.
    ------------------

~Violet

And I've found more from EA here...

AgntSmithCFF wrote:
    There seems to be a lot of confusion in the original Stats Issue Feedback Thread, so I'm hoping to clarifiy things a little here. Seems most people don't want to dig through 24 pages of posts to find updates and answers to their questions. So I will take the same 4 or 5 questions I see constantly being posted, and answer them there. Please post any feedback, and please keep it constructive.

"Will my stats be updated from the 2 week outage?"

Yes they will. All the stats that were collected over the last 2 weeks were stored, but not processed. The servers are currently trying to process all that information in addition to the current streaming information.

"If the stats are fixed, why have then not updated for me?"

Since the servers are busy chewing on over 2 weeks of information in addition to the current streaming information, it may take up to a week for them to catch up. Please be patient. Over the next week or so, it may appear that the stats are still broken, but i assure you they are processing. It's just goint to take some time to catch up. Please do not spam this thread with "My stats still aren't updating". EA realizes that not everyone is getting noticable updates. They are sporadic at best, but that is due to the fact that the stats servers are 2 weeks behind in the processing. Your stats will eventually update!

"I played on a server, and nothing updated. Why?" "I have 2 servers. One updates, and one does not. Why?"

From what I understand, a server needs to restart in order to start streaming the stats info to EA. If you are on a server that does not appear to be updating at all, ask the server admin to do a restart. If your server has been restarted and still doesn't update, it's likely because it happens to be at the back of the queue for stats. Once the servers chew through the last 2 weeks worth of stats info, and the server has been restarted, everything should function normally. If the server has not restarted, I do not know if those stats are safe. There has been no official word from EA on that matter, so we will have to wait and see.

"Will the stats from the 2 week outage be processed before current stats?"

In theory, yes. But the funny thing about computers is that sometimes they don't always function like you expect them too. So you may see a few new stats processed before the old ones. EA has not given a clearcut answer on this question, but logic dictates that this is how it should work. There may be a few exceptions though, so don't come yelling at me if it doesn't work that way for you. Smile

"What caused the outage?"

EA has not yet put together a report on this. They are waiting until the stat servers get caught up with processing all the stats, and then they will comment officially on this matter. Violet says she will update us when she gets that info.

I hope this answers a few of the most common questions, and saves you from digging through a 24 page thread for these answers. Please do not spam the forums with these questions as they have now been answered for you in a central location. Let me know if I have missed anything important, and I will add it to this post. Happy gaming!

Message was edited by: AgntSmithCFF (EA.com)

the noxious is offline The Noxious One from the South

i know what caused the outage: their hampster got a charlie horse and decided to take up drinkin' whiskey and is now completely too trashed to run their systems. Pretty much genuine EA.

LOL...

There can be no fifty-fifty Americanism in this country. There is room here for only 100 percent. Americanism, only for those who are Americans and nothing else.
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

I'm just glad they're working again. If they get some logged even better but for now its GAME ON!
    Also known by my given Indian name. "He who struggles with fire water"

yeah was wondering if there was any offical report. i had heard they were down and noticed my stats had me last logged on like june 11th so yeah about 2 weeks glad to see i wasnt the only one. i am sort of looking forward when the are caught up if iam close to my next rank. been playing up a storm latly getting better. unfortunatly i think i spent to much time on road to tanpa beta map and i dont think any of those stats save as its a beta map.
    Semper-Fi Devil dog

Highway Tampa Beta map stats count and should show up soon on your stats.

WOOT....I haven't tested Highway Tampa in awhile.

Good to hear that it is working now as well.

Thx Andy

For those wondering about whether they will get there old stats, EA has spoken:
    http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefiel...&storyid=13819

I missed out on a lot of points and a few medals. Oh well.

So far it seems like I've gotten most of mine. i did get my expert medic first aid bade and it hasn't showed up yet, but for the most part they seem to have caught up.

11. yeah, I lost a lot of time too. Bastages!

Thread Information