LA_MERC Chatbox

Empty the chat input field
Loading ...
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    LA_MERC_Dirge is offline You're gonna end up eating a steady diet of government cheese, and living in a VAN down by the RIVER

Does it have retractable casters on the bottom to make it portable? good grief!

Did Mike tell you that? I thought I would keep that secret for now....

3. So skitz......that box is a little large for packin'? I am ordering my box Friday so it can go to paint right away. I am becoming frantic and I don't know why. I never had a good comp, or ambition to have one until I met all yous fo0ls. I will get pics of the paint job up when it gets done. Still T - 2 wks for parts order.
    Do gay people have straightdars? - LaTech's Sister
    Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company. -Booker T. Washington

Biggs is offline "I'm gonna slap you with your own pimp, bi0tch. cuz I the Juggarnut!"

skits,

so that thing is done...then you can play bf2 again right? it looks cool as heck, but is the only difference from a tower its portability?

ok ok another question from uber delete's protege....so if i go ahead and build a new computer in the future, should i build a "box", or is just a tower cool? What are the benefits of both?

teach me of wise ones, teach!
    "The point if war is not to die for your country, it is to make the other bastard die for his." Gen. Patton

Biggs is offline "I'm gonna slap you with your own pimp, bi0tch. cuz I the Juggarnut!"

just a note: this post has almost 2,000 views...wtf?
    "The point if war is not to die for your country, it is to make the other bastard die for his." Gen. Patton

thread nub not post
    a tower is still the way to go, the portable "lan" computers are gaining in popularity, but the mid tower case is still the popular choice. Falcon computers made this popular with their "fragbox".
    and all the other gaming computer makers are following suit.
    Mike

LA_MERC_Dirge is offline You're gonna end up eating a steady diet of government cheese, and living in a VAN down by the RIVER

Does that box come with it's own handcart? Is that why it's portable?

It really depends on what you want. I have had Small Form Factor cases, Mid Towers, and Full size Tower cases. How much room do you have? What do you want to put in it?

I have seen a couple of mods where people took the same case as mine and setup a liquid cooled system all internal. Granted there is hardly no room left in the box but hey it looks cool.

Yes I can now rejoin my brothers in BF2 again. Benefits of say a full or mid size case could be more internal space, SLI configuration, more add-ons... Of course I am running an Intel chipset but most of the Boy's and Girl's around here run AMD's. I would have liked to have a SLI setup but it was something that just didn't fit in my budget. From what I have seen so far I am pleased with my new pc except for the 420 Watt PSU that came with the case that needed to be replaced with a higher wattage PSU. I still need to take some pictures of it lit up at night. Lighting the case was relatively cheap and accomplished with nice results. I may pick up another 4" UV cold Cathode light for it later but for right now it is okay. I also have a little bit more cable management to do to make it look really clean on the inside.

Compared to my older computer I have, this case is half the size and weight so in my eyes it is more portable than the other. The only thing that really sucks is that the "spare desk" I have to use is really small.

Dirge, I actually did think about putting casters on it or build some sort of wheeled cart to sit it on. I could probably attach it to say a luggage cart..... Put some heavy duty casters on it, reinforce the case, attach a seat to the top and Whola! we could have a Micro ATX Cart Race at the next LAN!!!!!
    Last edited by LA_MERC_Skitsvelvet; January 30th, 2006 at 01:17 PM.

DO IT!!! :
    Mike

10. Some computers I was working on...all imaged and ready to go (I know it's not MY computer...but it is my work!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP_0564.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	212.3 KB 
ID:	7740   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP_0565.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	7741  
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

"I have an arm the size of your damn head fat boy. You and I both know in real life, you would never call me a f*&#ing idiot to my face. See ya at the next lan ..." - BS

11. Where do you work LaTech?
    Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company. -Booker T. Washington

12. Right now: Frederick Community College in Frederick, Maryland.

Soon to be: Someplace in Helena or Missoula, Montana.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

"I have an arm the size of your damn head fat boy. You and I both know in real life, you would never call me a f*&#ing idiot to my face. See ya at the next lan ..." - BS

13. Shut up do0d. You serious?

14. Yep. Groovy is going to go to Missoula to get another degree...so, we're movin as soon as I can find a job

15. What is your specialty. I have friends in both towns.

Thread Information