LA_MERC Chatbox

Empty the chat input field
Loading ...
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. System Requirements

Minimum System Requirements

OS
    Windows Vista (Service Pack 1) 32-bit
    PROCESSOR
    2 GHz Dual Core (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Athlon X2 2.7 GHz)
    MEMORY
    2 GB
    HARD DRIVE
    20 GB
    GRAPHICS CARD (AMD)
    DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI Radeon 3000, 4000, 5000 or 6000 series, with ATI Radeon 3870 or higher performance)
    GRAPHICS CARD (NVIDIA)
    DirectX 10.0 compatible with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 or 500 series with NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or higher performance)
    SOUND CARD
    DirectX Compatible
    KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
    DVD ROM DRIVE

Recommended System Requirements

OS
    Windows 7 64-bit
    PROCESSOR
    Quad-core CPU
    MEMORY
    4 GB
    HARD DRIVE
    20 GB
    GRAPHICS CARD
    DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 or ATI Radeon 6950)
    SOUND CARD
    DirectX Compatible
    KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
    DVD ROM DRIVE

For Battlefield 3 on PC, you’ll need the latest version of Origin. Download it now and get into the battle faster.

Website (Thanks Onji) to run an auto test on your system: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/analysis.aspx
    Do gay people have straightdars? - LaTech's Sister
    Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company. -Booker T. Washington

Playing quite nicely (so far) on:

AMD Phenom II x6 1075 (3Ghz hex core)
    8GB RAM
    Win 7 x64 (no SP1)
    80GB Intel SSD (boot & OS) SATA 2
    500GB Seagate (Data) SATA 2
    ATI Radeon HD 4850 (1GB GDDR, PCIe 16) running Catalyst 11.9 drivers

Nothing overclocked, game automatically set everything but landscape textures to "High" at 1920x1200 and I just left 'em there. I think there's an "Ultra" setting but I died just as often at the lower res. Still working on getting my key mappings to where I like 'em.

Visually makes BF2 look like Pac Man.

SOUND is phenomenal. Dolby Digital and allathatstuff. Need decent speakers or a good set of cans to do it justice.

So far, I'd call it a keeper. As to playability on other systems, it should be a goer on a minimum DirectX 10 system, especially at a lower resolution. The Frostbite 2 engine appears to be really efficient - my CPU load was relatively low last night when Onji and I were ratting around dying, but I haven't made to any other maps. Note that I'm running pretty heavy on CPU and relatively light on GPU.

Figure minimum configuration listed above, but with a quad core CPU and 4GB RAM. Or the "recommended" version with a lesser graphics card. You get the idea. I would think that most of y'all should be able to play it, or need a minimal upgrade to do so. Do wish it ran on XP, though.
    Last edited by LA_MERC_FragFood; October 25th, 2011 at 04:15 PM.

What I have arriving tomorrow:

ASUS P8Z68-V Mobo
    Intel i5-2500K
    nVidia GTX570
    16GB PC3-12800 RAM

This should do the trick.

4. I made my wishlist on Newegg a month ago but the check book got slammed so I'm probably out a few months. Based on what I read earlier this configuration should work, right?

GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
    XFX HD-677X-ZNFC Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX
    2 @ Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Plug n Play Desktop Memory Model KHX1866C11D3P1K2/4G
    2 @ SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3EG HD503HI 500GB 5400 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    2 @ SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-222AB - OEM

I feel your pain Goose. I had a shopping cart filled up as well, but no love until probably tax refund time.

You have the HD 6770 down there for the video card, but I would up that to the HD 6950 at least. I have a 5770 (which isn't that much slower than 6770) and it wasn't fast enough to play at medium detail. Just a heads up that you want to shoot higher with the video card.

6. Thanks Doc, wasn't sure how well it would handle the graphics but that answered my question. Just looked on Newegg again and I think I'll switch to this one:

XFX HD695XZDDC Radeon HD 6950 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Pfft. Dunno why my 4850 is working then, unless it's my CPU picking up the slack.

Not sure Jack, but that seems reasonable. I have a decent CPU: E8400. With 6GB RAM, I sort of thought it would run decent. At medium (which I consider the bare minimum to be worth playing), it would choke when getting into any firefight. I do have my development IDEs installed and perhaps they have mucked up Win7. I may try slapping a new drive in there do a fresh install of the OS to compare benchmarks.

It's good that the 4850 is pulling the load for you. I suppose that the extra cores could be making the difference.

Ain't gonna complain that mine's running it OK. Just wondering why it is, since it appears to be a lower spec than most of the rest of the players. Weirdness. Did you change any of the default settings?

I changed a few of the graphics settings down, but I didn't do any heavy tweaking. Honestly, it just wasn't that close. Given that my MB lost it's RJ45 to a lightning strike, I'll probably just move to a new i5 based system (anybody got any solid Z68 MB suggestions?) with a 6950. After a MB takes a shock like that, you really can't trust it.

I really want to run it at the native resolution of my monitor (1920 x 1200). It seems that no other resolution looks right. My thought is that the i5-2500 and HD 6950 should do the trick and I can add a 2nd 6950 in the future. Just need to everyone in the family to stay healthy long enough to save up the dough .

Quote Originally Posted by LA_MERC_DocSparky View Post
    I changed a few of the graphics settings down, but I didn't do any heavy tweaking. Honestly, it just wasn't that close. Given that my MB lost it's RJ45 to a lightning strike, I'll probably just move to a new i5 based system (anybody got any solid Z68 MB suggestions?) with a 6950. After a MB takes a shock like that, you really can't trust it.
    Last night I assembled my new PC containing an ASUS P8Z68-V board and i5-2500K. The big advantage to the ASUS board is the UEFI touch bios. Some other companies are struggling to get them to work decent but consensus has been for a while the ASUS had the best. The only difference between it and the Pro version is 2 6 gb SATA ports. I honestly don't know why I settled on the ASUS board.

I was just tired of trying to make a decision since everything else in my system was easy to pick out. Dont go with an i7 since we dont need the multithreading for gaming. I went with a GTX570 because you can overclock it to a stock 580 if needed for $130 less. I prolly only need 8Gb of ram but got 16gb only because newegg had a deal going for a nice set of 8Gb G.Skill.

Last two purchases I might make are to get a solid state drive and maybe an audio card. Ive never thought I needed an audio card since I run the optical out off the board, but I cant seem to get in game dolby digital to work and Im quirky like that.

Anyone have any good recommendations for a SSD?

MB ASUS|P8Z68-V Z68 LGA1155
    VGA GIGABYTE|GV-N570OC-13I REV2.0
    CPU INTEL|CORE I5 2500K 3.3G
    CPU COOL NOCTUA|NH-D14 R
    MEM 4Gx4|G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 16GB total

12. I love my Imation SSD.
    Do gay people have straightdars? - LaTech's Sister
    Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company. -Booker T. Washington

I'm running an Intel SSD and it's been great.

Heavy firefight in the city last night, saw some unacceptable choppiness in the video (the area where we were trying to hold that corner in the city). Still actually playable, though. Going video card shopping now. m00seboy will be getting my 4850 at some point.

Update on my new hardware. Been playing for a day now and been able to run Ultra settings in 1920x1080 with mid 50s avg fps. Anything over 60 seems to be icing on the cake so Im very happy with this setup. Loads levels in no time as I usually have 20-30 secs to wait before the map starts.

Thread Information