LA_MERC Chatbox

Empty the chat input field
Loading ...
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

I agree with the statement from Goose, and as I pointed out in my original post this WAS GOING TO BE A PROBLEM. Now with that said, lets look at what the TRUE objective is here.

My objective was to gather our members, our friends, our players into a scrim. Essentially a night where we all get together on the TS and go play on one side of a map together against another group. Call it a glorified guys night out. Just a chance to get new guys together with old guys and create the fun we always have with these endeavors.

My second objective was to create an opportunity for us to have an Infantry Only scrim against the same group. We had to give a little to get a little. Now we all know that Sniper Group had their collective heads handed to them in our previous scrim, they ate the Big 'Ole Shi0t sandwich that night. For the most part, they did so quietly.

There are a number of their members who can still taste our Boots, thus they requested a format that is so obviously playing to their strengths they should mop the floor with us. My first reaction to was to thank them for their time and consideration and move down the road, and I posted such in the thread at Sniper group. But alas more than one LA_MERC member said, why not a trade? Sniper only for I/O. In their zeal, Sniper group agreed. We've agreed. So the table is set and we will sit to a meal not suiting our tastes. Fun will still be had, shots will be fired, enemy will fall and cursing will fly. Hell we can all hide behind a building and take turns running in the open taking bets on who lives the longest. Or we can form a skirmish line like a bunch of Redcoats and get cut down like so much hay. Or bum rush the lot of them with our knives and nades listening to them scream like women. Like I said we will have fun, SOMEHOW.

But the fact is they have agreed to a third scrim at a future date that will again showcase our preparation, our teamwork, our unity and our skills. That is the prize, my brothers.

I will harbor NO ill will toward anyone who decides this scrim is not for them, NONE.

Today from the Thread at Sniper Group:

I think at the last Sn][pr only scrim.The Sn][pr Group had about 30 members show up.Which is about 3/4 of the active members.So i would expect about the same amount to be awaiting there chance to get in.

Thought i would give you a rough number.

FYI,Dave this shows just how classy your clan is.Most other clans Sn][pr have scrimed REFUSE to even entertain the thought of a sniper only scrim against them.So i would like to personally thank you and your group for being such great sportmans about this.I know it will be blast win lose or draw.Same as when you guys get the I/O scrim.The Sn][pr Group will show the same sportmanship win lose or draw.
    Lt.GeneralTyphoon
    Last edited by LA_MERC_Wetzny; July 26th, 2007 at 12:44 PM.

2. They seem like a class act to me, and I will be there. I can die in any format, at most any time. I can do so without malice. Lets do this. I should have this Saturday off in my rotation. Will be boating all day, and will get in the game that night. I hope to see a good turn out of MERCS, and if we need, we can lean on some of our other friends to show up. Let me know if you need help David.

Rook
    Do gay people have straightdars? - LaTech's Sister
    Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company. -Booker T. Washington

Snake Champion! Chopper Challenge Champion! Smack the Rabbit Champion! Rabbit Hunter Champion! Mini KickUps Champion! Disc Dash Champion! Eskiv Champion! Helicopter Champion! Bugz Champion! Mahjong Champion! Shape Game Champion! Mouse Race Champion! Alpha Force Champion! Ant Arena Champion! Apple Season Champion! Alien Run Champion! Avalanche Run Champion! Baby Pacman Champion! Bat and Mouse 2 Champion! Bubble Bobble Champion! Belter Champion! Bird Flight Champion! Blast Em! Champion! Blix-man Champion! Boredmeeting Champion! Bubbels Champion! Bubble Trouble Champion! Buzz Lightyear Champion! Cable Capers 2 Champion! Cannon Commander Champion! Adidas Climacool II Champion! Disco Racer Champion! Ice Racer Champion! I Hate Spiders Champion! Jaba the Zit Champion! JetPakker Champion! Jet Pac Stan Champion! Joust Champion! Assramistan Assault Champion! Mario Bros Pipe Panic Champion! Monkey Lander Champion! Pacman Champion! Turkey Panic Champion! Queens Jewels Champion! Radial Snake Champion! Super Mario Boat Bonanza Champion! Takion Champion! Super Bobby World Champion! Target Champion! Teddy Goes Swimming Champion! Tomato Fun Champion! Turbo Spirit Champion! Blob Twist Champion! Daffys Studio Adventure Champion! Firefighter Champion! It Came From the Crypt of Whatchamacalli Champion! Puzzle Bobble Champion! Van Champion! Warthog Launch Champion! What-A-Shot Champion! White Van Man Champion! Witch Hunt Champion! Xbot Chopper Champion! Xmas-Boarding Champion! YetiSports 8: Jungle Swing Champion! Stage Dive Champion! Zelda Champion!
    Goose...man up! lol! Wish I could man, but I'll be in Chi town for a contest. No way around it

"A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him."

Aesop

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Sun Tzu

4. Doesn't Chitowns live in Chi town? I think he may have a spare comp to let you use
    Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company. -Booker T. Washington

5. C'mon Gooser. I would rather DIE with fellow MERCS than sit at home talking to myself alone We know this is a lopsided struggle, but if we only take the easy kills we cheapen ourselves. This is also why we have a hard time finding peeps to scrim. I play the format every now and then because it makes you realize you need to clear your field before setting up. If you do not then "BAM" you dead. It makes you look hard at every bush, be patient, take your time, move by inches only.

I guess I am just asking to reconsider. I play alot of nights in the kit or format I do not care for, yet I do it for the team. I will die alongside my friends again in a format I am not comfortable with, and against all odds. If we do win though, we can actually say we were the David and whipped their head with our rocks.

waltersw15 is offline Voting this November to save America from certain destruction.
    Ambush Santa Champion! Donkey Kong Champion! Where Is Santa Champion!
    Jeez guys, your bringing tears to my eyes. I have a company picnic that I will be at all day. I will plan to be there as soon as I can, but I don't know if I can make it right at 9:30.
    *** If you are tardy more than once, does that make you re-tardy? ***
    *** Light travels faster than the speed of sound. That is why people appear bright until you hear them speak ***

*** I'm thinking inside the box (The xbox360 that is) ***

LA_MERC_YellowDog is offline In the words of ...Sam Raimi..."Give Me Some Sugar Baby!"

I concur with all points of view's here.. I think accepting a scrim in their preferred format shows we are good sportsman "So to speak" I feel we will get our asses handed to us on this venture, but what I'm curious of, is how well we will stand up to the odds.. My hope is that we surprise ourselves and give them a good fight. I think it could be fun.

Hey, Wetzny one thing I need to know before we get there?
    Are we going to have unlocks or not... if not, I know what gun I need to get used to shooting in the next week.

Checking... Plan for NO Unlocks... But that is not offical. TY

Rollout is offline This Avatar is for David :)

Goose, tell the noobs to shut up, to each his own my brother, we ALL luv ya!!!

Now, my recomendation for the rest of us losers is LOTS and LOTS of brewskies, can I get an amen anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!! As Rook said, I can die in ANY format, just look at my stats

UPDATE: So far I have eight players who have indicated they will participate in NEXT Saturday's Scrim, we need more participants please!!! Sniper Group will have as many members as they can handle ready to roll. I'm hoping to cobble together 20 from LA_MERC, OTH, EGL etc. If you have not indicated your availibilty please do so as soon as possible.

So far I have: Wetzny, Chi-Townz, Rollout, Diesel (YES DIESEL!!), Goose, Maggot Pulse, DocSparky, Yellowdog (contingent on health and work) Thee_Rook (maybe) Johncst, walters15 (possible)....

EGL are welcome to PARTICIPATE!! Stockbond, DarkKnight, Warpig we could use you!!!

OTH!! Always WELCOME!! Frag, Bonsai, Fishfood we could use you!!

And of course Lockout, Bacowrath, GroundHamburger you are WELCOME!!!

Last edited by LA_MERC_Wetzny; July 27th, 2007 at 11:37 AM.

LA_MERC_YellowDog is offline In the words of ...Sam Raimi..."Give Me Some Sugar Baby!"

I realize we have a week to discuss this,, but in the event our turnout is low, are we going to match player numbers per side, or do they intend to loan us some?

" Prefer, they not loan us players, I would rather it be a more decisive them against us"

12. I'll play. But all I'm going to do is run around with my knife out.

I'm not worried about numbers or player loans.. If we can't get Twenty or so peeps from our various groups, then we have no business knocking on peoples doors asking if they mind if we shoot them in the face....

BIG Thanks to Goose!!

Rollout is offline This Avatar is for David :)

Oh no, Stockbound can't play after that 5 banger kill on us last night

Goose you don't need to run around, I volunteered Lockout to be the bait, no need to use a great player, when we have a cardboard cutout to sacrifice. But hey, those are just my thoughts!!!!

15. The numbers are not as necessary on Sniper format. You spawn, run to the first flag, cap it before the enemy caps theirs, and then scatter and hunt.

My recommendation as far as strategy goes is squad up right away. Hold off spawning until your squad leader spawns and runs towards the cappable flag. When he gets tired, the remainder of every squad would then spawn and run the rest of the way. The side that first caps the flag has the first advantage. Then we can set up and snipe as they are capping their flag.
    Last edited by LA_MERC_th33_r00k; July 27th, 2007 at 03:02 PM.

Thread Information