LA_MERC Chatbox

Empty the chat input field
Loading ...
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. LA_MERC_ server last night

WHAT is a asset? We need to start and get a good set last night was fun keep it going and make this the best server out there discuss what an asset is, well if a plane or a tank or APC is not being used this should be a asset to hit now we all had fun last night weighting for our clan buds to get in then hit him but if we want to keep the server up and running with more than just us we need ROI lets.

And last night I was not flying at 3miles a hr in a plane it is on full all the way
    did the server seem to lag a lot

Quote Originally Posted by LA_MERC_johncst
    Not for me which is weird because I had the highest ping outta everybody (75-110). I spiked up to like 200 a few times but it would drop back in 2-3 seconds.

John... Really just F'n with you on the plane PWnage.. Don't sweat it. I just think its funny when you fly by in the MIG going slow enough I can count the whiskers on your grill. ...

We need some SF I/O tonight... Warlord, Ghosttown, Surge, Mass Destruction. Some one set it up, if you think its a good idea.

Lets see what happens...

4. The only time I lagged was when I jumped into the gunner position on the helicopter with FragFood. Everytime we took off we would lag for 1 sec then be fine.
    Do gay people have straightdars? - LaTech's Sister
    Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company. -Booker T. Washington

5. Quote Originally Posted by LA_MERC_johncst
    WHAT is a asset? We need to start and get a good set last night was fun keep it going and make this the best server out there discuss what an asset is, well if a plane or a tank or APC is not being used this should be a asset to hit now we all had fun last night weighting for our clan buds to get in then hit him but if we want to keep the server up and running with more than just us we need ROI lets.

And last night I was not flying at 3miles a hr in a plane it is on full all the way
    Periods are nice. Plus, I have no clue what you are talking about

6. Quote Originally Posted by LA_MERC_Wetzny
    John... Really just F'n with you on the plane PWnage.. Don't sweat it. I just think its funny when you fly by in the MIG going slow enough I can count the whiskers on your grill. ...

We need some SF I/O tonight... Warlord, Ghosttown, Surge, Mass Destruction. Some one set it up, if you think its a good idea.

Lets see what happens...
    Why do you want to change the type of game 2 days into it? Try to populate BF2 and see what happens. I'd rather not switch the game type every other day.

Because we can....

It can get boring flying, driving, walking and swimming around the same maps every night. I just thought we could get a sense of how active ‘pubbers’ will be with different games. Have we drawn a few people to Vanilla BF2? Sure, so why not change it up for a couple of nights of SF I/O or AF? I don’t see the harm, hell we may not see anyone come in, or we might see 20 who knows?

If it’s not a simple process to change server settings, then by all means set it and forget it. If it takes just a few minutes, where’s the harm? Just IMO...
    Last edited by LA_MERC_Wetzny; March 21st, 2007 at 09:50 AM.

8. If we all agree that something like a I/O, SF, AF, EF type thing would be good then we need to do it maybe once a week AFTER we've built up a loyal group that plays on the server. I like the EF maps - I hate the dam planes in AF and EF. If I remember correctly - it's not a lot of work to make such a change - it's just that a person has to go in and physically move all the current maps out and then add all the new maps in then restart the server.

I understand Goose, I'm trying to think out of the box here. Do we know we wouldn't build a loyal player base by playing SF I/O or AF? Thats my point why not rotate the game, the style and the maps more frequently and then evaluate the results?

I think our members, our recruits and our OTH friends are putting in a great effort at jump starting this thing, rotating it will also help keep it fresh for those sitting in it every night. How long do think it will be before our steady players get burned out? Lets avoid that, and also show Pubbers we are about keeping BF2 fresh by playing a variety of games, styles, and maps.

I'm not trying to jam this down anyones throat, I just feel we should operate the server little differently this time, we know the results from the first go around. Our consistent players get bored, killing eachother in the same game, on the same maps, night after night. If we utilize all the games the x-packs and style choices, we may find a more interested and loyal base. Like I said, just my thoughts....

10. Quote Originally Posted by LA_MERC_Wetzny
    I understand Goose, I'm trying to think out of the box here. Do we know we wouldn't build a loyal player base by playing SF I/O or AF? Thats my point why not rotate the game, the style and the maps more frequently and then evaluate the results?

I think our members, our recruits and our OTH friends are putting in a great effort at jump starting this thing, rotating it will also help keep it fresh for those sitting in it every night. How long do think it will be before our steady players get burned out? Lets avoid that, and also show Pubbers we are about keeping BF2 fresh by playing a variety of games, styles, and maps.

I'm not trying to jam this down anyones throat, I just feel we should operate the server little differently this time, we know the results from the first go around. Our consistent players get bored, killing eachother in the same game, on the same maps, night after night. If we utilize all the games the x-packs and style choices, we may find a more interested and loyal base. Like I said, just my thoughts....
    Are you speak for the steady players or yourself when you talk about getting burned out? There are a lot of people that still only play Vanilla BF2 and continue to on a daily basis.

You are more than welcome to take over control and change maps from the xpacks to regular bf2 when ever you like. The times that I see the server on AF or SF, I'll just find another server to play on. Just my thoughts.

I'm just trying to figure out who you are speaking for. We don't even have regulars, must less ones that complain. Why not get them here first and into the forums where things like that can be discussed.

Please don't misunderstand my point, I'm not speaking for anyone other than myself.

And I’m not unsatisfied with the current operation of the server or how you plan to handle the future operation of it. My point is we know how this works, we've been down this road before, when we set it and forget it the game can go stale. Our members and regulars (regular guests like OTH and regular playing members) will tire of killing each other etc etc.

So why not approach the issue slightly differently? Change the changeable features more frequently; let that be the drawing point of the server. It’s what might separate us from the masses of Stuck on Karkand. I think it’s worth a shot to take a totally different approach to hosting our own server.

What do we have to lose?

Again I’m not speaking for anyone other than myself, I will show-up every night and stay until my eyes bleed. And I realize there is no guaranteed way to attract users to the server, we may fail anyway we approach it. My idea is to do something I’ve seen very few other servers do and that is rotate the BF2 product through out the week, and be different than 95% of the other server hosts out there.

There are 1000's of other servers out there all doing the same thing, and most sit empty, so why not do it just a little differently?

12. Question (and I realize that as a non BF2 player, that I don't entirely understand the situation nor could I...but I can understand the idea): why not allow the server to sit as it is right now and then, at a future date, re-evaluate the situation and change the server accordingly? I mean, why put the cart before the horse and make a plan to change a brand new server to do something that could, in all honesty, drive more of the "regular" players away than it could bring on board?

here's my logic: If I were a pubber (which I'm not, we all know this) and I had a favorite server that I became a regular on, say the MERC server. Then, less than a week into the server being put up there, the server changed, on a rotating basis, to several different styles of game which I may or may not have. I would get frustrated. I wouldn't know which game was being played...I couldn't hang out with the people that I wanted to hang out with etc etc etc.

Just my thoughts...take them for whatever they are worth.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

"I have an arm the size of your damn head fat boy. You and I both know in real life, you would never call me a f*&#ing idiot to my face. See ya at the next lan ..." - BS

Cecilton, MD - u blink and u missed my town
    I'd wait a week or 3 before I changed anything like the rotation. As long as we have some admins on they can change the map when everyone gets there so it doesn't get stale.

Please DON"T ATTACK THE UNCAPS! If that's our rule we MUST obey it just like everyone else. Last night one of the Foods, Frag or Fish, said they were getting killed in uncap by a chopper. I happened to be in the same squad as those guys so I told them don't attack the uncap. They replied, "so even if we have all the flags we can't attack the uncap?" I said yes and they said, "then why was our Commander dropping Arty on the uncap a minute ago." The Commander was a MERC so they might get the wrong idea about us and our server.

Tech you make a valid point, that’s the rub. Do you serve one segment of the BF2 world a predictable style, games, and format? Or do you offer an array of BF2 game play with a predictable rotation of styles, games and format?

Hypothetically I would approach it like this:

It’s a base Vanilla BF2 Server with a city and air map rotation. (A good one by the way)

I would broadcast via in game scrolling and load screen the following.

Join us for Special Forces Day Maps I/O Wednesdays! And Sundays!

Join us for Armored Fury and Euroforces Friday’s!

Again there is no guarantee this will increase server participation, but I think it’s worth an effort.

Just my thoughts here, again I’m not UNHAPPY, I just think we should offer those like us who’ve played countless hours of BF2 a more original approach to the product. And at the same time make it more interesting for those of us who are committing precious gaming time, money and effort to making this work.

Ex you're right, last night I was playing and totally pwnd the chopper at the MEC Airfield. I was totally oblivious to the fact our ROE prohibited our attacking assets as they leave the airfield. I'm sorry for that. However in my defense, I was US and our team was down 180 tickets or so and ended up losing like 160 to zero.

I think we should clarify, or simplify our ROE. Lots of uncaps contain AA if engaged can a pilot engage the AA? What happens if his bombs miss the AA and hit the planes, choppers or infantry? Is that kickable? No arty on uncaps and don't attack the Carrier might be easier, I don't know.

Thread Information