LA_MERC Chatbox

Empty the chat input field
Loading ...
General help
The MGC Chatbox Evo is really easy to use

You can :
  1. Send chats : you just have to enter the text in the dedicated input field and then to validate it by pushing the return key ou by clicking on the OK button.
  2. Format the chats :
  3. once you un-collapse the chatbox formatting toolbar by clicking on the BBCode button, you have access to different formatting options for your chats. You can format a chat by selecting a part (or the totality) of it and then select one of the buttons/list. You can also add empty formatting tags by selecting nothing and clicking one of the buttons/menu thus allowing you to add the chat text afterwards between these tags.*
  4. Access to the different channels : you can have access to different channels restricted to only some usergroupds or for specifics use of the chatbox. The different channels are accessible from the buttons on the left of the chatbox.*
  5. Edit your chats (or others chats) : the edition of a chat can be done by a simple double-click on it.*
  6. Use specific commands : some commands can be accessible in the chatbox depending on the will of the administrator(s) of your forum. These commands let you execute specific actions of formatting, management, etc... You will herebelow the information on the command which are accessible to you. You must notice that you are not forced to use the command prefixes (/command_name) when you use them in the channel they are attached to (except in the general channel).*
* : Depending on the settings chosen by the administrator(s) of the forum, you might not have access to all these features.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: BF2 Demo

I like to use the W,A,S,D keys with the mouse. I also jacked the sensitivity up along with the Yaw and Pitch. If I could just get the helo to spin on a dime I would be happy.

2. Had a blast last night again guys, except for my connection issues, i swear i was dropped 5 times. The last time it happened i slammed my headphones on the desk, stood up to find the issue. Come to find out, there is one phone in the house that if you pick it up, it'll kick me off line. After a little temper tantrum, and threatning anyone in the house to use that phone again, i was back online. Im betting i need to put a dsl filter on there. Anyway, While I was reconnecting i grabbed a screenshot of teamspeak, we had a good bit of folks on! Shadow jumped in right at the end when everyone was leaving or about to leave, sorry man jump on tonight if you can! we try to gather 8'ish CST.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yeah I had a blast right up to the point where Andy upset the apple cart and got himself banned then the party was over....lol

All though takeing turns snipeing with Dirge was fun too...

Cecilton, MD - u blink and u missed my town
    Thanks Skitsvelvet I remember playing with you both nights...er in gamelike. I found that it was easier to fly with the mouse also, but I think I need to up sensitivity some. WTH is yaw and pitch? Is it when the whole aircraft turns parallel to the ground?

Nice screen shot Diesel. Also like teh screeny of team speak Darren, wow, 10 of us on at once that's a record for the last year or so. Also, some quick flying lessons. First and foremost if you plan on getting good with the planes YOU MUST HAVE A JOYSTICK. Now Dirge will tell you lies and say that you can fair well with the mouse but the true hard fact is you can NOT out turn someone with a joystick using a mouse. The joystick keeps a constant pull back where eventually with a mouse you have to pick it up and move it high up on the desk to get more downward movement to pull back (or if you wierd and fly without inverted mouse that would be down to move the mouse up to fly up, that alone doesn't make sense) However I fly the Helo's with mouse and keyboard and will out do anyone with a joystick becuase you don't need to constantly pull back or push forward for the high spin turns in a helo. All you do is roll the helo to the right or left and then use you strafe key to the matching right or left and you spin on a dime. Usinh the WDSA keys where a and d are your strafe keys key simply means if you strafe right in the helo it will spin to the right. This is slow though. By rolling the helo (moving mouse to the right) and straf right (d key you create a power turn). The trick is to remeber that anyhting you do in a helo needs a counter move. Much like driving a boat or say the space shuttle. When you turn right or roll right remeber to counter act with a slight roll back to the left and strafe to the left or you helo will continue to roll and yaw. Basic definitions are as follows

YAW is the movement of the helo by spinning (if you use the d and a key the helo will spin around in a circle (This is YAW)
    Pitch is the position of the nose up or down (Since I use inverted mouse I pull down on the mouse "Move my mouse downward" to nose up the helo.
    ROLL is self explanitory. If you move your mouse side to side you will ROLL the helo on its axis.

Remeber there are 6 DOF (Degrees Of Freedom) with aircraft movement. + and - in X,Y, and Z axis (for cartesian coordinate system) witch is yaw, pitch, and roll. I can also break this down into polar coordiantes whcih utilizes angles. Does this help any.

P.S. Lat night was a blast but I'm pretty sure I'm close to a Divorce. BF2 Demo is consuming mass amounts of my time and it's worth it.

P.S.S. Darren I had the same problem with my ADSL. My wife (Candace) bought some new cordless phones for the house and plugged them in without the ADSL filter. Anytime someone called it would drop me. After having the Bellsouth guys comeover and chech the house they immediately noticed one of the phones didn't have the filter on it. I put the filter on and haven't had a problem since. Now I do have a switch that Robby gave me that you hook up on the outside of the house to the line that feeds your ADSL modem that disconnects ot bypasses the audio wires and isolates your data wires so that none of that is an issue. Haven't hooked mine up yet, but the filters are a definate must.

P.S.S.S. I attached a quick pic of Yaw, Pitch, and Roll
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Also known by my given Indian name. "He who struggles with fire water"

LA_MERC_Dirge is offline You're gonna end up eating a steady diet of government cheese, and living in a VAN down by the RIVER

Quote Originally Posted by LA_MERC_Onji
    Had a blast last night again guys, except for my connection issues, i swear i was dropped 5 times. The last time it happened i slammed my headphones on the desk, stood up to find the issue. Come to find out, there is one phone in the house that if you pick it up, it'll kick me off line. After a little temper tantrum, and threatning anyone in the house to use that phone again, i was back online. Im betting i need to put a dsl filter on there. Anyway, While I was reconnecting i grabbed a screenshot of teamspeak, we had a good bit of folks on! Shadow jumped in right at the end when everyone was leaving or about to leave, sorry man jump on tonight if you can! we try to gather 8'ish CST.
    Onji,

Do you have two lines in your house? If not, it would be advisable to do a home run to your ADSL modem to eliminate problems such as you are experiencing. It would involve getting a splitter (I can get for you) and using the yellow+black wires in your inside telephone wiring (or any pair in normal ethernet cable, whichever type of inside wiring you have) and putting the data signal on there. Then at your phone jack, put the yellow+black on the main terminals so the phone line hooks into them. If you use a phone out of the same jack as the ADSL line, then you would have to install a dual RJ11 jack faceplate.

Let me know and I can help you out with the process.

Andy, I totally agree. Trying to fly the jets with a keyboard for me just sucks. Now I did hook up my joystick to practice flying helicopters but I found that I do better with mouse and keyboard. I increased the yaw and pitch to about 7 and the sensitivity to 8.50 I found it helped alot with response time.

Yeah, I wonder now with all the time I'm logging flying the helo with a mouse I will probably get a joystick and use it for just flying planes and stick to the mouse and keyboard for the choppers as I'm doing so sell with it. I have perfected a rotor wash move that stops the helo onthe spot to make following choppers fly right by. You just simply nose up hard and let off the power and actually apply some reverse thrust until they fly by then nose back down and forward thrust. Now the target is in front of you and if you have a gunner like Nutria, Dirge, or Temp, it's all over but the crying.
    Also known by my given Indian name. "He who struggles with fire water"

Cecilton, MD - u blink and u missed my town
    Well I got in a little more practice on the helos and I did successfully take off and land a few times before I died. I raised the sensitivity to 6 but left the yaw and pitch alone since I wasn't sure what it did. I'm a little better with the mouse and WASD but when I move my mouse slightly sideways when I was trying to just move it forwards or backwards is where I get messed up and go sideways to the ground and usually crash. Basically I just over correct. I'm going to keep trying though because I think the helos are the best part of the game. In planes I'm moving so fast I can't aim and hit any targets without crashing.

10. i shall shoot you down!! lol

i only have one complaint about bf2, there are no more flak cannons yeah i know our military has evolved since then, but crap i cant use heat seaking missiles for nothing

11. hey guys, i found a really good wiki (user made faq's etc) on bf2, its good stuff, check it out:

http://www.shackbattles.com/wiki/ind.../Battlefield_2

I have no problem flying planes or helicptors, but I use a trackball, so I can keep rolling the ball to keep constant movement in the direction I need.

LA_MERC_Dirge is offline You're gonna end up eating a steady diet of government cheese, and living in a VAN down by the RIVER

Hey guys not playing because of GeForce Ti cards, check this out...

http://www.shackbattles.com/wiki/ind...ash_to_desktop

Looks like you can play with a fix

I am trying to get my co-worker to let me borrow his Rudder Control System. I would like to give it a whirl with the flight stick and RCS.

A Tank Named Grizzly Champion!

Thread Information